Source Orb Versa

Kanna_Kult

So I haven't seen a thread for this yet so I figured I’d make one. Apparently Randall at FocusV got booted out in some kind of takeover, and from what I understand he was responsible for a lot of what people liked about the brand. Now some other company owns FV, and apparently Randall has purchased the SourceV/source vapes brand and intends to launch a new e rig soon. It has a temp display, individual temp control, and a removable air path. Best part is it’s supposed to retail at $170 according to one of the IG accounts. There isn’t a website up yet but I thought there might be some interest. With this at $170 and the HVT Hyperion/crossing core (somone needs to make a multi brand thread for those too!) at $200, AIO “e-rigs” are finally priced more appropriately.

https://instagram.com/sourcevapes?igshid=cuxs77ehasq0

https://instagram.com/sourceversa?igshid=1m2wfyf48vf0k

Dragonlore

He said he was sending out emails for "beta" this week.

From what I've seen it's definitely a step up from the carta.

Dragonlore,
Reactions: shredder

FlyingLow

Team NO SLEEP!
I'm curious of the new products, but admittedly have tried nearly every product in the source lineup and have been repeatedly disappointed.

Curious to hear some feedback, but not jumping out of my skin... My Rio kinda killed ALL pens and the need for atomizers.

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
I'm curious of the new products, but admittedly have tried nearly every product in the source lineup and have been repeatedly disappointed.

Yeah the Orb and the Carta were some of the absolute worst vaporizers I've ever owned so I just find this whole story hilarious. Still kinda shocked someone would want to revive one of the most tarnished brands in the industry, I mean I get that there's value in getting access to those 40k social media followers but I wouldn't want to deal with all the dirty laundry Source is known for in the community. Even Reddit banned Source Vapes.

Kanna_Kult

I think Randall essentially completely took ownership of the company but I’m not sure, I too was not a fan of the original SV, notoriously bad QC and CS. Apparently he bought source because IP is one of the largest expenses and it was cheaper and available, I’m paraphrasing, but I still think it probably wasn’t the wisest choice, but then again I don’t run a company haha. I wasn’t involved in the Carta debacle because ever since I saw the peak when it launched I was dumbfounded by the price. It used absolutely no new tech and was quite expensive, the only innovation being the form factor. I thought it was interesting but far overpriced, then came the competition. Now there’s countless of these things on the market, the vast majority $200+, and not a single one (apart from the switch, which I don’t really consider the same type of device at all ) brings anything revolutionary. HOWEVER, I tried the sai/QQ/m15/etc with mods and I found out, I really really hate messing with firmware and software and even with all the tinkering it still didn’t hold a candle to my enail set up. There’s a lot more to go wrong with the mod/atty/bubbler set up and it’s more complex than something like this. This fits in a case, all the parts go together nicely, it’s simple and intuitive to use, and has far less fiddling. But it is essentially the same thing as a any mod/bubbler set up just more expensive. I think these devices, once they get a little more durable and a little less expensive, will be perfect for things like traveling, parties, or hiking. I see why there is general distain for “e-rigs” in market but I also think they fill a void for people who want something dead simple and quick, that they can share with just about anyone without having to give a lectures worth of instruction

Kanna_Kult,
Reactions: Easywider

Texus

Just pulled the trigger on this vape. They've got a really appealing "Alpha" package that includes a SiC and AlN crucibles, along with custom colors, engraving, 2 atomizers and more. And 30% of these pre-orders. This is the last they'll be offering the custom colors for a while, and looks like AlN won't be available for a while (sometime 2021) after this first batch of them are all sold. There's even a very inexpensive Base Kit at $140 before the 30% off, but it has only a 6 month warranty instead of 3 years for the $30-40 more Standard KIt. New enough that the extra $$ is worth it for peace of mind...

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
Yeah tempting, but I don't think I'm going to rush in on this... Very glad to see Randall back in business though! Great dude

Shit Snacks,
Reactions: Summer

Texus

And other than the Wave 3 pre-orer with all of the custom options, it looks like @VGOODIEZ is one of the few places to have these in stock.

Texus,
Reactions: Whisper

DingoGlittering

Just placed my pre-order for Wave 5 along with the SiC insert. Thinking about getting a wireless charger. Any other attachments/accessories I should be considering? Any other tips and tricks? This will be my first true e-rig, upgrading from a DTv4 with SiC Cup.

DingoGlittering,

fondoobious

Hawker of Vapeware
Just switched over to the Orb after buying a Peak Pro and killing the atomizer after only a few uses. Wish I'd just bought this to begin with. Better cooling and does the same job at lower temperatures. Was happy to see that I can at least attempt to repair my own atomizer when it dies. If you're not into all the fancy-shmancy add-on cups, caps and bubblers, this device is worth a try. Also love that the heating options are more customizable than the High Five Duo.

Oh, forgot to say that the Peak Pro atomizer cover(the black rubber/silicon disc) fits perfectly on the Versa atomizer and doesn't block the stock Versa glass carb cap. The attachable occulus carb cab from the Peak Pro unfortunately doesn't fit on it's own or work with the Versa cap.

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
My buddy has one of these and unfortunately broke his glass on a trip, but it did serve him well and he was able to keep it together with some duct tape at the time... Any ideas when they will have their new glass ready? Recycler would be awesome, no way to use the peak glass?? Also the quartz bucket atomizer, Love those for my Sai TAF and Sai Plus

Shit Snacks,
Reactions: LesPlenty

LesPlenty

Company Rep
Peak Pro and killing the atomizer after only a few uses.
Here is a repair kit (also different material buckets for the Pro).

The Source is very well priced, WAVE7 code gets 35% off right now, it was 50% a week or 2 agoe and made the Versa only $85, now at $110

LesPlenty,
Reactions: Summer

fondoobious

Hawker of Vapeware
Thanks for that repair link, but I've long given up on the peak pro(Hopefully I'll be selling it here when I meet the requirements). Those JCVAP atomizers with the removable inserts are definitely a plus, but I still don't want to be forced to use a smartphone just to set temperatures. I added a Mr Bonsai 18.5 mm male adapter to my Orb and now it's almost the only vape I'm using. With a couple of hydratubes stacked on top it's great for larger dabs and/or multiple people, but for myself usually just one is enough. The real weakness of the Orb is the short battery life-you've got to remember to fully charge it before you leave home. Also it's a bummer that it won't run on external power alone-you have to wait for it to charge up a bit before hitting it.

fondoobious,

fondoobious

Hawker of Vapeware
And if you're wondering, no, I didn't actually try using that goofy setup ;]. For what it's worth, those DHGate joints are definitely not consistent. Expect to use some teflon tape or joint grease if your stacking them. The Mr Bonsai adapter is great though, it fits everything perfectly because of the design and flexibility of the material.

fondoobious,

fondoobious

Hawker of Vapeware
Since the Orb became my go to vape, I've come up with a way to weigh/load/heat that's a little faster than using the stock bucket and cap. If you use buckets/inserts that are shorter than the outer metal housing and a cheap silicon carb cab(with the bottom flattened), you don't need to bother screwing anything down. The little metal buckets you see in the photos can be bought from the source vapes website or dhgate. I use an old pair of tweezers to hold these buckets when I clean them with the butane mini-torch.

fondoobious,
Top Bottom