Sore throat from edibles?

saeton

I've had edibles maybe four times in the past and I usually enjoy the effects for my stomach and in general. Two times ago it seemed like after four hours or so I started to get a sore throat that lasted for a while; then last night I had a cookie in the afternoon and then had a very sore throat later in the evening and now this morning.

Is this just dry mouth/sore throat from the edibles or am I coincidentally seeming to getting sick? Hoping for some clarification. Trying to drink some lemon tea and the like now but it's hard to get it down because my throat is still irritated.

Modnote: Duplicate thread removed. Please do not double-post or cross-post the same message in multiple forums.

saeton,

Skunkypete

Escape Artist
Depends how the edible were made. Unprocessed MJ can be hard on the digestive system. Bud as tiny hook like structures on the surface and these can irritate the throat/intestines when eaten. Edibles made from abv should not exhibit this problem. Its also the part of the reason people recommend "toasting" your bud before cooking with (the other being decarboxylation).

Skunkypete,

Nosferatu

I feel like edibles made with swagg or low quality weed give you dry mouth, sore throat. But it might be coincidence..

Nosferatu,

djonkoman

well edibles do give me a very dry mouth, but that's just the weedeffect, never had a sore throat from edibles
my guess would be you're just getting sick

@skunkypete: I have never heard of this toasting, and do understand correctly you don't remove the weed from the butter before baking with it?

djonkoman,
Top Bottom