Solo, IQ, Plenty, Volcano Medic Study

nms

Just saw this on a subreddit and thought would be an interesting share. Probably old and most of you've seen it before, but still. As any study has some limitations but has interesting results:

The highest recoveries were obtained with Arizer Solo®, namely 67.5–82.7%. No differences were seen between THC and CBD. Except for CBD vaporized from cannabis (RSD = 11.6%) the variability was small with RSD values typically being < 8%. Only a minor portion of ≤ 3% of the cannabinoids remained in the residue after vaporization of cannabis and no cannabinoids were found in the piece of cotton used to vaporize the cannabinoid standards.

3dfx-glide

Boats & Harbors
It's very interesting to see how much material gets left behind in various parts. Makes me even happier to use a VapCap - it's like the bare minimum construction with material only able to stay in the bowl and stem/condenser, all of which are tiny/short. So you get the most out of your cannabis with nothing getting caught/building over time in tubing and other nooks and crannies!

3dfx-glide,
Reactions: bulllee

BHOMG

Just saw this on a subreddit and thought would be an interesting share. Probably old and most of you've seen it before, but still. As any study has some limitations but has interesting results:

Thanks for sharing this. Such an important factor to keep in mind before buying. Worth dropping a little more cash on a vaporizer with a higher rate of recovery - it'll pay for itself over time compared to models that waste more product with every use.

BHOMG,

nms

It's not that straightforward, while most of the study sounds pretty good and well-done, taking into account possible variables there is a particular one that may affect at least the IQ and volcano(and possibly the butane one I don't know the name of)

the vacuum pump was switched on and the aspiration performed for 3 min at a continuous flow with the vacuum controller set to 420 mbar, followed by 1 min at 100 mbar

While this is the same for all other vaporizers(volcano has an adaptation to this), I assume a pure conduction device like the IQ would fall victim to this way of usage.

As for the volcano, it used baloons and they adapted the technique to fit this. This is also an additional variable.

Also given your inability(I think) of sucking in the vape for 3 minutes at -420mbar plus 1 minute at -100mbar your use of the vaporizer will not be as efficient.

According to that guy and taking the 24kpa measure(240mbar) of where it gets unconfortable to suck(a pickle jar :D), I suppose you can suck at 420mbar, but definitely not for 3 minutes.

Last edited:
nms,
Reactions: bulllee
Top Bottom