• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Sneezing and vaporizing

Status
Not open for further replies.

SpiralArchitect

? & beyond
I've been thinking about this for some time now...

Ever since I've drastically cut down on smoking (5% of my consumption now :brow: , as oppose to 20%) I've been sneezing way more when high. I sneeze even if not sick, so my health isn't in question. It's an 'agitation/itch sneeze', not a 'clear the nasal passageways' one.

What I am wondering if marijuana holds some kind of allergenic property when vaporized or something like that? A study was conducted and it found just about 50% of those surveyed had an allergic reaction to marijuana pollen.

Could marijuana vapor have slight allergic reactions?

I know I am inhaling it into my lungs (so one would think, 'if it is allergic, you'd be dead as a doornail'), but sometimes if I take too big a hit I just go *achoo*. It doesn't really bother me, but it makes me think vaporizing is more different than smoking than we thought (whenever I smoke, oddly enough, I rarely sneeze, even if exhaled through the nose).

Does this happen to anyone else?

SpiralArchitect,

vaporcloud

lurking kiwi
I've never suffered from this but I'm sure I have read about this somewhere else. Perhaps there is a thread on vaporinfo about the higher levels of THC causing mild allergic reactions.

vaporcloud,

Purple-Days

IMO ir's not an allergy. I sneeze quite often, and Pammy does to.

Vapor tickling the nose in our case. Lettubg the vapor go out through the nose for more flavor.

Interesting that MJ pollen causers such high allergic reaction. rates Another reason to 'kill the males'.

SA, I'm sure you know, but others might not. Pollen is only available from male plants BTW. So unless you are smoking males... (and kief is not pollen, ;) even though some folks like to call it that)

Purple-Days,

vtac

vapor junkie
Staff member
I used to get the nose tickle quite often. Sneezing and sometimes a bit of a drip too. Maybe it was just that time of year or something, because it hasn't happened in months.

When you think about it, vapor is still a foreign substance in your airway. Could be the 'expanding' aspect of it as well?

vtac,

SpiralArchitect

? & beyond
SA, I'm sure you know, but others might not. Pollen is only available from male plants BTW. So unless you are smoking males... (and kief is not pollen, wink even though some folks like to call it that)
:) Yup, well aware of this.

Could be the 'expanding' aspect of it as well?
That's what I am thinking. Vapor expands the lungs, right?

SpiralArchitect,

vtac

vapor junkie
Staff member
afaik. especially when you're talking a big whip hit. ;)

vtac,

SuperTorch

Well you may have developed some allergies by chance, this year, you don't alway have the same allergies. I never had them when I was younger but I sneeze like crazy now that I'm older and have to take the bennidryl from Walmart(1/4 the cost of Benidryl), 100 for $4.67 they can make you sleepy though.

SuperTorch,
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom