Smoke, Vapor, 190 Celsius, THC, CBN, CBA

crumped

My thinking is as follows, any element of which could be flat out wrong:

I prefer strong sativas, because they emphasize the psychedelic clarity aspect of the high, and minimize the groggy stoniness.

The chemical reason for my preference is that sativas have a higher concentration of THC relative to CBN/CBA and the gazillion other psychoactive chemicals in the herb.

THC is transformed into particulate matter within the vapor at lower temperatures than the other elements I would presumptively like to avoid.

Because the heat distribution is so varied within the herb load while it is being vaporized, to maximize the THC, I should take small hits of small loads at lowish temperatures (175 Celsius or so) and regularly stir the herb.

This would result in hits that contain little visible smoke/vapor, but high in relative THC content.

The Purple Daze would be an excellent vape for me, except that it runs at a temperature too high for what I want to accomplish.

Thanks in advance for any recommendations, references, or corrections.

crumped,
uh, a lot people on here find that the PD might actually run to low to get the full range of activates. I too find that some pd are just not satisfying. . . so I take another.

biojuggernaut,

Sour Deez

If your looking for just vaping the THC then the PD should be perfect right? Its at a fixed temp so you cant get the more sedative cannabinoids(CBD).

Sour Deez,

djonkoman

sounds your preferences are a lot similar to mine(I rather stay sober then vape/smoke a real indica and often sat dom strains seem indica dom to me, but I have no problem handling the heavy sativa-effects)
and of so, the pd is probably going to satisfy you, altough still some of my best highs where my first vaporhighs(one woth testtube+candle, no visible vaor but delicios taste and trippy mindhigh, and the first time I used my vaporgenie and still had to get the hang of it and didn't get any visible vapor yet)

djonkoman,

Deadhead101

I am the Vapor King--I can do anything
IMO you should buy a PD. If it turns out to be too hot for you then get a variable voltage power supply. I, too, prefer a lower temp for vaping, so I use the set up I stated through a 250 mL EHLE bong and I couldn't be happier. Every now and then I'll make minor adjustmensts to the temp (by very slightly increasing or decreasing voltage), but for the most part I think I've found my perfect temp.

Also, a warning to anyone who does decide to use a V.V. Power supply, make sure not to turn the voltage too high (id stay below 13 personally. Currently I'm at 12.4), as this can cause extra wear and tear to the vape or possibly damage it to a point beyond use.

Deadhead101,

Rico420

Deadhead101 said:
IMO you should buy a PD. If it turns out to be too hot for you then get a variable voltage power supply. I, too, prefer a lower temp for vaping, so I use the set up I stated through a 250 mL EHLE bong and I couldn't be happier. Every now and then I'll make minor adjustmensts to the temp (by very slightly increasing or decreasing voltage), but for the most part I think I've found my perfect temp.

Also, a warning to anyone who does decide to use a V.V. Power supply, make sure not to turn the voltage too high (id stay below 13 personally. Currently I'm at 12.4), as this can cause extra wear and tear to the vape or possibly damage it to a point beyond use.

This ^^

I too use a variable temp supply with my woodeez. Except i run at about 13.4v currently, but i like my stems to be browned after 3-4 good bong hits. Its really cool to be able to adjust to exactly what you want imo. Especially when using different glass and different draw rates, imo there's lots of diff factors affecting temp. Just be careful overvolting log vapes, there is a real potential for fire if you push it too far or are careless/thoughtless. I want to see someone come out with an adjustable temp log vape commercially. I would definitely buy one just for the novelty, and because i love log vapes.

Rico420,
Top Bottom