Smoke Bubble?

For those who don't know what it is its...

http://www.everyonedoesit.co.uk/onl...-2.cfm?iProductID=2062&iProductCategoryID=521

Basically, we're all uni students who don't really know what we're doing when it comes to vaping so all you lovely people please be nice and forgive our lack of knowledge! We've been smoking weed now for a while but are getting quite sick of messing up our lungs, so we had a look at vaporisers, but WOW are they expensive! I've heard mixed things about the smoke bubble and was wondering if you guys have tried/know anyone that's tried it? Seems pretty simple to use. Not too bothered about 'efficiency', as long as it gets us all high :)

Also, some sites have been saying it should only be used to smoke hash? (Whatever that is, don't hurt me!). Could it be used to smoke bud as that is what our greengrocer gives us.

Thanks for any help

Kopitewarrior,

WatTyler

Revolting Peasant
Welcome Kopitewarrior. I've used these before- they're know as a lightbulb vape- and there's a bit of info about here (http://www.fuckcombustion.com/viewtopic.php?id=471) . They can do the job, but like all lighter based vapes they take a bit of getting used to before you get the technique down. It can be easy to overdo it with the heat, as it's just a thin bit of glass between the flame and your herb. Works with both hash and bud, although both are best if well ground/crumbled. It's also generally always a light vapor produced IME, rather than big dense clouds.

IMO it is worth saving a bit of that student loan to invest in a quality vape, but unfortunately it is an expensive market. It's likely though that it will make up for it over the medium term though less consumption of herbs (at least, that's how I first convinced myself to get my first vape- a volcano)

If you're looking for something at the cheaper end of the market I think you might be better looking at either the VaporGenie or the Vaporstar. I'm kinda guessing you're in the UK for some reason (time of day and spelling- sorry if you're not) - back when I got my Vapor genie there was nowhere in the UK selling, so I really got stung on import VAT making it stupidly expensive, but I think I have seen them since in a UK retailer, but can't remember where. Alternatively the Vaporstar is made in the UK and is an OK cheap vape as well (20ish). A good few local head shops carry them. (Edit: Vaporgenie and vaporstar https://www.marketplace-brighton.co...page=2&zenid=6fa0af714f6f72fac5f96868a739c913 )

I think these are a better options for a budget vape because they use the principle of heated air, rather than relying on cool air drawn over hot herbs like the 'smoke bubble' does. It should mean thicker vapor and it also leaves a little more room for temp error before your herbs catch afire IMO

Of course, ultimately it's all personal preference and you might get someone next who swears by a lighbulb vape :peace:

WatTyler,

OhTheAgony

here for the chicks
That was actually the first vape I bought, except mine was blue. It worked, but it's really easy to burn your weed with it and the hits I got from it were basically to thin for me to be satisfied with. I didn't give it much practice though, so it may have been me. I imagine it'll probably work fine for people with an extremely low tolerance, but if I were you I'd just save up for a LB instead.

OhTheAgony,
Thanks for your help guys, just a few more questions. Firstly, what is an LB? And secondly, is a thicker vapour a better vapour? ie more effective?

Thanks again guys, and yes I am from Blighty good work :)

Kopitewarrior,
Might be difficult for me to get hold of that in the UK though? Do they export?

And on this 'burning' issue. If we just hold the lighter flame pretty far away from the bottom of the glass and heat it gradually, will it work?

Kopitewarrior,

WatTyler

Revolting Peasant
It's a Magic Flight Launch box. http://www.fuckcombustion.com/viewtopic.php?id=909

It's a good portable vape and that thread link and vaporpedia (at the top of the page under where it says Fuck Combustion) will tell you everything you need to know about it, plus an awful lot more you don't need to know :lol: You can pick one up in the UK for around 80 nowadays, although if you were intending to use it in a group setting you might be advised to get the power adaptor (PA) as well, which at present you'd have to get shipped over from the US, and that'll cost you more again, or face buying extra rechargeable AA batteries.

Nothing wrong with thin vapor- some folk like it thin, and I do myself before breakfast. But for some reformed smokers it's the thicker vapor clouds that can be the most satisfying because psycologically, and to a lesser extent physiologically, it can feel and seem more similar to smoking. Thinner vapor is more efficient for your herb useage- as a rule you get lots more thinner hits off of your bowl of herb, making it last longer, and less is lost to the exhale. But on the other hand, if you're quite a high tolerance user it can take you a fair while puffing away to get where you want to be with this kind of vapor, and you might prefer something that can vaporise more herb and release bigger clouds of vapor at a time. But this is also a bit wasteful. Depends where your priorities lie. :2c:

I'd actually class the LB as a light style of vaporizer, although that's not to say that you can make big clouds with it with a little practise. But if you were a heavy smoker something like the VaporGenie, which can make fairly heavy vapor, might be an easier transition into vaporizing.

Edit: too slow on the typing....Lo beat me! :)

Edit 2:
Kopitewarrior said:
Might be difficult for me to get hold of that in the UK though? Do they export?

And on this 'burning' issue. If we just hold the lighter flame pretty far away from the bottom of the glass and heat it gradually, will it work?

They're on ebay, and the retailer link I posted before.

Slow heating through the glass will work- that's the way it's meant to work, but it's not the most effective design and still easy to burn.

WatTyler,

Hippie Dickie

The Herbal Cube
Manufacturer
If we just hold the lighter flame pretty far away from the bottom of the glass and heat it gradually, will it work?

yes ... just make sure the glass is heated to 395F/200C and yall will be good to go. You might use a BBQ (barbeque) thermometer to check the temperature. you might also change the air path so it flows across the herbal material as it is being heated.

Hippie Dickie,
Thanks everyone again for your help.

Some people have said the high isn't very satisfying, but is that to an experienced user or to anyone? We don't do it too often (say once a fortnight) so our THC tolerance will be pretty low, so will this supposedly inefficient way of doing it be enough? (So long as we don't burn the stuff of course)

Kopitewarrior,

WatTyler

Revolting Peasant
Kopitewarrior said:
Some people have said the high isn't very satisfying

They're talking shit. IMO :2c: and all that. But they are. It just takes a little time for adjustment from smoking and you can be plenty satisfied.

...our THC tolerance will be pretty low, so will this supposedly inefficient way of doing it be enough?

Yes. It's plenty 'enough' for me and my tolerance is through the fucking roof and I haven't had a break in years. I need to have one. But the point is I will never be going back to smoking.

But this is FC- you'd have to ask elsewhere for some different advice :lol:

WatTyler,

sockamodo

Kopitewarrior said:
For those who don't know what it is its...

http://www.everyonedoesit.co.uk/onl...-2.cfm?iProductID=2062&iProductCategoryID=521

Basically, we're all uni students who don't really know what we're doing when it comes to vaping so all you lovely people please be nice and forgive our lack of knowledge! We've been smoking weed now for a while but are getting quite sick of messing up our lungs, so we had a look at vaporisers, but WOW are they expensive! I've heard mixed things about the smoke bubble and was wondering if you guys have tried/know anyone that's tried it? Seems pretty simple to use. Not too bothered about 'efficiency', as long as it gets us all high :)

Also, some sites have been saying it should only be used to smoke hash? (Whatever that is, don't hurt me!). Could it be used to smoke bud as that is what our greengrocer gives us.

Thanks for any help
exactly what im thinking about most of the vaporizing community right now they don't get the idea of vaping and expect it to be this super clean tasting thing, dont even get high, then talk shit about vaporizers later. even when u get the vaporizing tempurature more intense then normal it still doesn't burn to the point of completely destroying right way compared to putting the lighter straight on the weed. when I vape it takes a while for it to get pretty dark brown but weed can be vaped a lot in my opinion n i hate hearing that bullshit that its supposed to taste wonderful u gotta be realistic vaped highs dont feel the same as smoked highs in a way just cuz ur not getting some of the cannabanoids, but if u vape right u get really high. im not gonna call out names but some of the people in the vaporgenie forum too dont heat it up nearly as much as its supposed to n im sick of this. i think its lack of common sense n a general agreement on some bullshit if anybody can prove me wrong id like to hear it.

sockamodo,
Top Bottom