Small Drags, Pure Taste, not to long for effects and to clear

Hi. I’m trying to get a vaporizer for a friend.
They like to do a few small hits from a joint, even though their tolerance is going to grow soon, as I know them, and get high.

They don’t like very long inhales. All of the vaporizers I’ve come to understand seem to require a lot of dedication on the draw.
They also would only use something that’s the least metal and plastic possible, if any.
What vaporizer do you think would be good for them?

A Dynavap and Mighty and Crafty are out, because of the materials used. I just know they will never use it. However, if Sneaky Pete water bubbler for the Mighty or Crafty undoes the muting of flavor that they tend to do, and cools them down, and allows for short draws, I might be able to convince them.

I was thinking TinyMight or Tetra P80 or the Argo or another Airizer. Has to be portable. And ideally would be comparable with a water bubbler. What do you think? Keeping in mind shorter draws and lack of heat.

Sounds like session conduction goal? DaVinci IQ2 has no metal for vapor, bowl and path are ceramic zirconia, I love TM and TP80 and FW7 but they do take longer draws so session conduction best for small sips!
Wow I’m so happy someone responded! Thank you 🙏
How would you say the flavor of the Davinci compares to the TM and Tetra?

StrangerThings007,
Reactions: Shit Snacks

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
For that usage style I would typically recommend a prefilled cartridge.

what vaporizers do you own that your friend already enjoys using? I know a few people that struggle to get a decent inhale with vapes, and honestly they don’t even really work for them.

The Mighty is actually one of the best for short draws, same with Volcano. IMO this is one area S&B excels at is negating a long inhalation.

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
Wow I’m so happy someone responded! Thank you 🙏
How would you say the flavor of the Davinci compares to the TM and Tetra?

Good flavor, but session conduction means it's constantly cooking the air regardless if you hitting it, also it has a larger chamber so make sure to get the zirconia spacers with it for smaller loads, but the flavor is quite good... It just cannot compare to on demand pure convection honestly, but it may be tough for your friend to start with one of those coming from what they're used to??

what vaporizers do you own that your friend already enjoys using? I know a few people that struggle to get a decent inhale with vapes, and honestly they don’t even really work for them.

The Mighty is actually one of the best for short draws, same with Volcano. IMO this is one area S&B excels at is negating a long inhalation.
Interesting...
He’s against cartridges and even vapes in general but he’s never tried one except a Pax 3. I had a Crafty + but he wasn’t able to try it before it...suffered a tragedy. He didn’t want to anyway because of the plastic.
(I also need new a new vape, but will probably get the Tetra)
I think he’s mostly bothered by the heat. When we’ve dine bong hits, as soon as it gets hot or too much vapor, he stops

Good flavor, but session conduction means it's constantly cooking the air regardless if you hitting it, also it has a larger chamber so make sure to get the zirconia spacers with it for smaller loads, but the flavor is quite good... It just cannot compare to on demand pure convection honestly, but it may be tough for your friend to start with one of those coming from what they're used to??
Yes, true.
Is it better than the Arizer, you think? Airizer probably wouldn’t be optimal cause it takes too long to get effects, and the draw is long....but am still considering it, because of the simple bubbler available for the Argo...

StrangerThings007,

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
Interesting...
He’s against cartridges and even vapes in general but he’s never tried one except a Pax 3. I had a Crafty + but he wasn’t able to try it before it...suffered a tragedy. He didn’t want to anyway because of the plastic.
(I also need new a new vape, but will probably get the Tetra)
I think he’s mostly bothered by the heat. When we’ve dine bong hits, as soon as it gets hot or too much vapor, he stops

Having been down this road a number of times myself, I’d recommend you spend the money on yourself and see if you can get your friend warmed up to the idea of enjoying one of your vaporizers.

Get your friend stoked on your vape, and then look at getting him his own.

Cause what really sucks is getting your friend something super cool that will just sit in their drawer.

Having been down this road a number of times myself, I’d recommend you spend the money on yourself and see if you can get your friend warmed up to the idea of enjoying one of your vaporizers.

Get your friend stoked on your vape, and then look at getting him his own.

Cause what really sucks is getting your friend something super cool that will just sit in their drawer.
Wise points...
Thing is, I will probably order the Tetra for myself, but I also don’t vape that much anymore. Unfortunately. Doesn’t sit well with me nowadays. I might do CBD flower though. But he never had the chance to really taste a strain or vape indoors without paranoia. He doesn’t like dabbing either, but only had one bad experience. I don’t do it anymore, or will on ocassion a few months from now when I get the Tetra, but he’s smokes everyday.

StrangerThings007,

FlyingLow

Team NO SLEEP!

I second a cart...

Most all vapes perform their best with more airflow/bigger draws; just get him a cart.

I second a cart...

Most all vapes perform their best with more airflow/bigger draws; just get him a cart.
Thank you, he’s against vaping in general, especially carts; thinks they’re unhealthy. He’s only slightly open, though he says he’s OG and does joints, to the idea of vaping flower from a flower vape made of like all glass or something like that

StrangerThings007,

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
Thank you, he’s against vaping in general, especially carts; thinks they’re unhealthy. He’s only slightly open, though he says he’s OG and does joints, to the idea of vaping flower from a flower vape made of like all glass or something like that

There is nothing inherently unhealthy about the cart, you want to get nice carts from a reputable source is all...

Yes, true.
Is it better than the Arizer, you think? Airizer probably wouldn’t be optimal cause it takes too long to get effects, and the draw is long....but am still considering it, because of the simple bubbler available for the Argo...

Yes I do think, arizer also has a steel heater below the glass stem, that's where the heat is coming from though a lot of it is conducted right to the glass stem for conduction session style, there is a little bit of hybrid convection pulling heat from the steel through the weed... I like that the chamber is fully removable using glass stems with arizer and that is about it, but I have not tried their newer versions, I really do not like the design of the Argo for quite a few reasons, and I think the bubbler stems are actually extremely inconvenient :2c:

Wow so Davinci is better than the Arizer also for flavor? That would make things easier if so
There is nothing inherently unhealthy about the cart, you want to get nice carts from a reputable source is all...

Yes I do think, arizer also has a steel heater below the glass stem, that's where the heat is coming from though a lot of it is conducted right to the glass stem for conduction session style, there is a little bit of hybrid convection pulling heat from the steel through the weed... I like that the chamber is fully removable using glass stems with arizer and that is about it, but I have not tried their newer versions, I really do not like the design of the Argo for quite a few reasons, and I think the bubbler stems are actually extremely inconvenient :2c:

StrangerThings007,
Also, he believes heavy metals will leak into all vapes, especially liquid ones. I’ve been trying to tell him it’s less or no issue with herbal flower vapes

StrangerThings007,

Vaporware

I also don’t vape that much anymore. Unfortunately. Doesn’t sit well with me nowadays. I might do CBD flower though.

If you haven’t yet, you might want to try mixing CBD in different ratios with your THC flower. 1:1 is a good place to start, but you can do 10:1 if you want. At some point the CBD should really help with a lot of the issues you may be having.

Also, while the P80 and others you’re talking about are great, they may just be delivering too much too fast for you to handle. In that case, it might be good for *you* to try an IQ or other less aggressive option too. :)

You could also just take smaller draws with any of your on-demand stuff, but it can be hard to ride that line between too little and too much when you’re using something with a lot of power.

That’s even more true with portables than most desktops because many portables deliver more from the second hit on and the variability makes it harder to judge.

Flow

Hello !
can you tell us more about the use of this device ?
Flowers ?
Concentrates ? -- » Mostly flowers, is it ?
Desktop ? Portable ?
Sessions ? On The Go ?
Vape with friends ?

If, as i might understand you, desktop might be an option ?
In that case, i would highly recommand SSV.
Whip style, high temp with fast n' short draw and there you go ! Flavors, potency, each one get a whip and "let the game begin…" :D
Draw is full open.
I read althought here so many good comments on the colyland aromatizer, taffee bowlee, tinymight and many others you can already find in that thread… but as i don't own or tried any of those,i cannot say you can dial it in "fast n' short draws"..
Else is Elev8R with butane…

My setup for instance, is a SSV with 19 mm stem and 14 mm stem with adaptator for "micro-doses"... short n' fast but massive draws...
I althought use an OG Brick. It always win and i can see the background of this forum in 3D without glasses ^^
That butane vape sets anyone way too high :D :D :D
Dynavaps are my on-the-go vapes...

Last edited:

Jill NYC

Portable Hoarder
Perhaps a Healthy Rips vape (Edge or Rogue) would work for your friend?
I wouldn’t have recommended right away, but reading your additional comments, it might be a good fit.
The company is very conscious about the materials they use and you don’t need to take super long draws to get good clouds.
And very easy to pair with water.

I think the IQ would be tough in this situation - you must take looong draws to get a decent amount of vapor. but taste is excellent.

CANtalk

Hi. I’m trying to get a vaporizer for a friend.
They like to do a few small hits from a joint, even though their tolerance is going to grow soon, as I know them, and get high.
They don’t like very long inhales. All of the vaporizers I’ve come to understand seem to require a lot of dedication on the draw.
They also would only use something that’s the least metal and plastic possible, if any. What vaporizer do you think would be good for them? A Dynavap and Mighty and Crafty are out, because of the materials used. I just know they will never use it. However, if Sneaky Pete water bubbler for the Mighty or Crafty undoes the muting of flavor that they tend to do, and cools them down, and allows for short draws, I might be able to convince them.
Having a hard time following you. Why is the plastic on the Crafty+/Mighty+ a problem? Is it the plastic airpath? Many consider these S&B models a quality vape built with health and safety in mind (e.g., food grade heat resistance plastic, etc). S&B even went for medical certification for the Mighty. What's the problem with Dynavap? I've never really heard anyone complain about inhalation health concerns with Dynavap use.

There are lots of vape options. The Davinci IQ2 is good in many ways (as mentioned) and I find it competes very well with convection for the first 2-3 draws or so, but it's a vape that definitely requires 'technique' to work best (like a long & slow inhale). OTOH, for puffing, sipping and lots of draw flexibility the Crafty+/Mighty+ vapes bring the goods. Many other vapes reasonably equivocate to the Crafty+/Mighty+ for overall healthy conscious design/use too.

There are vapes that use more inert materials, have better and more isolated airpaths, etc.. The Elev8r (as mentioned) plus a number of desktop vapes come to mind. The VapeXhale EVO, for example, has a completely isolated glass airpath.

Fwiw, like many here, I'm health conscious. In my case, I went for the EVO for desktop, Crafty+ for portable (there was no IQ2). And there were some nice competing options for both types when I went looking.... now there are even more vapes out. I've been hands on with a friend's IQ2 and it's a leading contender for my next portable. See what's out there, what people suggest and what you think. Hope that helps and good luck.

:peace: :leaf:

Last edited:

Vape_ninja

from my experience , you seem to have to spend a decent amount to get a quality experience of vaping. What you dont want is to try some cheap vaporizer that burns your weed to a crisp, or gives very uneven vaporization of the herb or a very dry harsh throat hit.

YES - Desktop: The arizer V Tower (latest version with the silicone whip) this unit is a solid robust effecient (if you elbow pack or use efficient method) economically its worth every single penny

NO - Black Mamba portable: Cheap crap just avoid my USB port on it broke and it always seemed to burn the weed in the end burnt popcorn taste YUM

NO - magic flight launch box , although its a nice alternative to a joint i find its easy to burn the weed and being a purely conduction vape its just very dry and harsh in general unless you are very attentive and memorise to the millisecond how long to hold for or burst , didnt find it that efficient either ended up selling mine

YES (Only if access to CBD weed) - Mighty - i wouldnt reccomend the Mighty for someone new if all they can get is strong thc weed , i know from experience its very easy to over do it, well at least my tolerance grew very fast in the beginning lol, mixing some CBD weed in will mellow the high, the chamber is a fair size so you cant really get away with underfilling it without losing out on efficiency

Concerned Mother

I love the Eagle Bill’s shake & vape for just those reasons.

It’s an almost all glass vaporizer with just a couple of brass screens which I switch out for stainless steel ones, and I might even get rid of the main one and only keep the small screen which keeps the herb or hash from being inhaled.

There’s a big opening on the top which needs to be sealed and I use a cork from a champagne bottle which fits perfectly. I prefer cork to other vaporizers that use resins like silicone and plastic, and even metals and ceramics. The cork does’nt get heated either but is just a lid to keep the vapors from escaping.

It’s shaped like a regular tobacco pipe and has conduction heating which means that the glass chamber collects as much or little vapor as one wishes before slightly lifting the cork whilst clearing the chamber with a tiny drag which suits me well as I have a lung disease and am bordering asthma so I am always looking for mild ways of vaporizing. Perfect as I have an issue with long, hot lung busting hits. Whilst the vaporizer community seeks big clouds I am seeking light, flavorful ones.

It is sold as a torch vape and it performs great as one but just as good on a stove, and IMO controlled heating beats torches everytime. Stove heating also means that there’s no battery issues or torch issues, no butane combustion, no metals or ceramics being heated or other unwanted materials/flavors/vapors.

It’s also the cheapest vaporizer that I know of. It costs 15€-20€. It’s made out of glass and will break if dropped but at that price I don’t mind buying an extra for back up. The qualities of it makes up for the risk of buying a new one now and then if I should need to.

It is also perfect for my dosage as it does micro doses as well as any other of my vaporizers.

The things that it lacks are battery heating and water filtration but it does’nt really need it so it’s quite possibly my favourite vaporizer - and I have some great and classic ones like volcano classic, silver surfer, vaponic, MFLB, arizer air & EQ, dynavap.

If you really wanted to you could just add a silicone whip to the mouth piece and connect it to a bubbler, I guess. But with the tiny drags of cooled down vapor I don’t really feel the need to. And that’s from someone with a lung disease and airway problems. Look at my profile name - that’s how concerned I am about these things.

At 15-20€ there’s no reason for your friend, or anyone else, not to give it a try imho.

It’s not a very good vaporizer as it’s sold due to the vapor escaping from the top but once a cork is placed on top it’s fantastic, for my needs at least, and your friend seems to have the same needs as me. It’s funny how I have newly bought vaporizers that cost hundreds of €’s but a 15€ vaporizer, the first one that I ever bought 20 years ago, is pretty much my end game 😅

Edit: it’s also a on demand vaporizer which means that you only heat your material when you want to take a hit which makes it ideal for small tokes and light use. The volcano is expensive but the bags make it good for small tokes and quite lung friendly although the air/vapor from it is dry making it a bit harsh. For light use one can fill a bag half full or use a smaller bag.

Second edit: the cork mod works well with torch heating as well so one does’nt have to use a stove. I just much prefer not inhaling combusted butane or the risk of it unless I’m outdoors and your friend sounds like he would be the same. I also really dislike having to deal with torches - refilling them (as you’re inhaling butane which will also will be absorbed ones skin unless you’re wearing plastic gloves), buying new ones, constantly searching for the highest quality lighters and butane, the risk of burning oneself etc.

You’re meant to shake the vape in order to stir the material between hits but with the cork in place I just knock the cork lightly with the lighter or snap on it with a finger.

Last edited:
Top Bottom