• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

(UNVERIFIED) Skinny by Storz & Bickel

RedZep

Exactly , that price is ridiculous. If it was half that I would probably buy one eventually.
It's awkwardly priced. Because it's an electronic portable with none replaceable batteries. People typically want something a bit more permanent for that kind of investment.

I can see TM2, Tempest, Lobo benefitting from this price point. TM2 has 10 year warranty and replaceable batteries. Tempest will outlive your grandchildren. Lobo suitably priced for temporary tech. All much cheaper.

bobothevaper

Exactly , that price is ridiculous. If it was half that I would probably buy one eventually.
It’s funny because I wanted a FW9 but after shipping and import I was looking at 550 usd with capsules and the bowl add-on, so this being sold in Europe is cheaper for me.

bobothevaper,

MDude

I think they will have to adjust the price, but maybe I am wrong and people will buy it with this super high price...we will see.

MDude,

mcscruffy

I would have thought a target audience would be those of us looking to upgrade our Mighty/Crafty. Adjustable airflow is about the only thing I cared about from that announcement. The $450 is a big turn off but I guess not outrageous considering where they are placing it in their catalog. I'll wait for some sale pricing (and reviews) before I take the dive I think.

mcscruffy,

MDHI

Can someone please explain the differences in the improved heating power and air flow and contrast with other devices?

They said this has 130 watts while the mighty is only 40. How much does this impact vapor production?

Also the air flow for this is up to 20 liters/minute, do any other vapes compare to this?

Octavia

No thoughts, head empty
Calling people "motherfuckers" is ok with you? And bringing in religion? Maybe its in jest, but either way it should have been removed with other posts.
The phrase “y’all motherfuckers need jesus” is a pretty common meme/turn of phrase that at least in my experience. Generally means something to the effect of “calm the fuck down”. It is crass, but generally not meant in malice, but I also tend to be pretty blasé about cursing.

Octavia,
Reactions: 364F

GoldenBud

They said this has 130 watts while the mighty is only 40. How much does this impact vapor production?
it means maximum 130 watts and probably will be on-demand or almost on-demand
but, because the device is small, it means also the heater is small..

GoldenBud,

Octavia

No thoughts, head empty
I did not see any mention of swappable batteries...
Yeah, reading closer it doesn’t look swappable, was really hoping the section showing off the 18650’s was showing their first user replacable batteries

Octavia,

MDude

It’s funny because I wanted a FW9 but after shipping and import I was looking at 550 usd with capsules and the bowl add-on, so this being sold in Europe is cheaper for me.
I ordered a Firewood 7, payed customs and taxes and it was dead on arrival so I had to send it back for a refund and lost a lot of money...

DerbyMachtSachen

does Dings
Please excuse the rant, but I need to vent (hahaha!!!!!!) and if not here, then where? <3

especially since I've been blocked on Instagram for criticizing Storz&Bickel in the last few days and any negative criticism is immediately marked as "spam" and deleted. really, really great people.

so. why am I upset? because it affects me. I'm basically a neighbor of Storz and Bickel and have always been quite proud to know that there is a world-famous manufacturer of these products here in southern Germany. We have a special relationship with cannabis here - it is simply incredibly strictly forbidden and punished harshly, more severely than anywhere else in Germany. The fact that a company sets up a shop here and produces such "evil things has always been a bit of a sensation.

That's why the company always had my sympathy. German engineering produces really great things - unfortunately not in the long term when it comes to greed. Since Storz und Bickel was taken over by Canopy Growth in 2018, something has changed... the imagery, the appearance, everything has become incredibly "American-polished". They tried hard and fast to be modern, fresh and visionary. The fact that they have completely lost touch with reality is not only shown by their absolutely ridiculous photo advertisements, which are cruelly posed (suits smile at each other with a thick plastic bag full of weed vapor, come on people...give me a break)

But the main problem that I see now is: the company is being sold out, squeezed out and then, presumably, disposed of. There is a crackdown on medically certified products because these are the only ones that are covered and paid for by health insurance companies - this is probably such a lucrative market that S&B is giving the finger to normal consumers.

However, I find it shameful that they bring _so_ little innovation with their new model and at the same time charge _such_ prices. what have theydone? Stretched out a Mighty, halved it in the middle, crammed in a bit of crafty Bluetooth technology, put in a few bright colors and a useless filter, an adjustable air supply and the latest shit is ready? really? My Arizer Argo, which is now 9 years old, seems to me to be more durable, more versatile and easier to clean. and smaller. and.....well. cheaper. much, much cheaper.

I don't understand this company - and all the people who buy from them and advertise for them, getting their devices sponsored, getting flown to great gatherings and parties to be brand ambassadors and sell this plastic chunk to people as a revelation. nope, i am really not happy with it and i think they should adress the critic and not blend it out totally.

Top Bottom