simrell stinger not producing a lot of clouds

Herbvaper

I just recently bought the simrell stinger for my 2018 m and its not producing large clouds as if i was to use it without the stinger. I have only been getting wispy hits is this a common problem?

Herbvaper,

RadarV00

I just recently bought the simrell stinger for my 2018 m and its not producing large clouds as if i was to use it without the stinger. I have only been getting wispy hits is this a common problem?
I was under the impression that the stinger provided more cooling of the vapor. By the vapor being cooler, you should be able to inhale more purposefully. Thereby, producing large clouds. . .

coolbreeze

The Stinger's intercooler will not allow the condenser to fit into the bowl's neck. It forces a gap where the condenser is intended to create turbulence that cools and draws vapor into the condenser. Instead, it prevents that vapor-drawing turbulence and it allows way more air from the airport to dilute the vapor entering the top of the condenser.

Upshot: its cooling is effective not only because of the twisted metal, but also because of the forced dilution. They did eventually solve that leak to some degree with the Ti Performance Kit, where they slotted the top of the condenser so the T at the top of the intercooler sits flush with the top and sides of the condenser, which should then fit into the bowl's neck where it can create the necessary turbulence.

Last edited:

Herbvaper

I was under the impression that the stinger provided more cooling of the vapor. By the vapor being cooler, you should be able to inhale more purposefully. Thereby, producing large clouds. . .
thats what i thought but it doesnt seem to be doing that

Herbvaper,

Herbvaper

The Stinger's intercooler will not allow the condenser to fit into the bowl's neck. It forces a gap where the condenser is intended to create turbulence that cools and draws vapor into the condenser. Instead, it prevents that vapor-drawing turbulence and it allows way more air from the airport to dilute the vapor entering the top of the condenser.

Upshot: its cooling is effective not only because of the twisted metal, but also because of the forced dilution. They did eventually solve that leak to some degree with the Ti Performance Kit, where they slotted the top of the condenser so the T at the top of the intercooler sits flush with the top and sides of the condenser, which should then fit into the bowl's neck where it can create the necessary turbulence.
so basically the stinger is flawed if using with the m?

coolbreeze

so basically the stinger is flawed if using with the m?
Or any Vapcap, same deal. I consider it a flaw, not sure anyone else does. Otoh, I do have and use a Stinger on one setup, but I am aware that it cools by breaking the DV airflow model.

If I remember correctly, I bought the Stinger understanding it would do this, but I originally used it without the intercooler, and because it could telescope somewhat, I inserted the condenser into the tip. However, its condenser is a larger diameter, so it would only insert a little ways. Used it like that for a bit, then after cleaning one time I just reverted to the OG Stinger setup and left it.

Herbvaper

Or any Vapcap, same deal. I consider it a flaw, not sure anyone else does. Otoh, I do have and use a Stinger on one setup, but I am aware that it cools by breaking the DV airflow model.

If I remember correctly, I bought the Stinger understanding it would do this, but I originally used it without the intercooler, and because it could telescope somewhat, I inserted the condenser into the tip. However, its condenser is a larger diameter, so it would only insert a little ways. Used it like that for a bit, then after cleaning one time I just reverted to the OG Stinger setup and left it.
That makes a lot of sense

Herbvaper,

RustyOldNail

SEARCH for the treasure...
Otoh, I do have and use a Stinger on one setup, but I am aware that it cools by breaking the DV airflow model.

The “Revolve” stems don’t follow the “DV airflow model” either. I only use my stinger in the MVS.

I’ve never owned an Omni stem, don’t they allow an adjustment that moves the internal condenser IN & OUT, out being similar to the gap the Simrell intercooler has?

FROM: https://simrellcollection.com/produ...24981&pr_ref_pid=7984023765205&pr_seq=uniform

“Meet the Simrell Titanium Performance Kit. This kit is a collaborative project between DynaVap founder George Breiwa and Austyn Simrell to merge the original airflow characteristics of the Dynavap product line with the cooling power of the Vortex Intercooler. Now you can easily add cooling to your Dynavap “M”, Vong, or any 62mm stem. Just swap out your condenser for the Performance Kit.
Please note: This performance kit is NOT adaptable to the Dynavap Omni or Vortex System.”

RustyOldNail,
Reactions: coolbreeze

coolbreeze

The “Revolve” stems don’t follow the “DV airflow model” either. I only use my stinger in the MVS.
Yes, but that is completely reengineered in comparison. It's a different model altogether, rather than repurposing but otherwise not changing the basic plan.
I’ve never owned an Omni stem, don’t they allow an adjustment that moves the internal condenser IN & OUT, out being similar to the gap the Simrell intercooler has?
It does, but you move it within a short range that never removes the condenser from the neck completely, but does move it into the neck enough to mostly block the external air supply altogether. That was what I attempted to replicate with the telescoping condenser, sort of.
FROM: https://simrellcollection.com/produ...24981&pr_ref_pid=7984023765205&pr_seq=uniform

“Meet the Simrell Titanium Performance Kit. This kit is a collaborative project between DynaVap founder George Breiwa and Austyn Simrell to merge the original airflow characteristics of the Dynavap product line with the cooling power of the Vortex Intercooler. Now you can easily add cooling to your Dynavap “M”, Vong, or any 62mm stem. Just swap out your condenser for the Performance Kit.
Please note: This performance kit is NOT adaptable to the Dynavap Omni or Vortex System.”

Yes, that was the kit I mentioned that allows you to use the intercooler in a notched condenser to make everything flush so it could be used like a standard condenser, ie, inserted into the tip's neck. That one observes the DV turbulation model, but the normal stinger cannot.

As far as I know, that condenser cannot replace the Stinger's condenser, but if it can, problem solved!

Last edited:

RustyOldNail

SEARCH for the treasure...
As far as I know, that condenser cannot replace the Stinger's condenser, but if it can, problem solved!

I believe you are correct, as per the last sentence I quoted, NOT compatible with Vortex.
I’m satisfied with the MVS airflow, though as I mentioned I’ve never used it outside the MVS stem, I assume Simrell did his airflow homework.

RustyOldNail,
Reactions: coolbreeze

coolbreeze

I believe you are correct, as per the last sentence I quoted, NOT compatible with Vortex.
I’m satisfied with the MVS airflow, though as I mentioned I’ve never used it outside the MVS stem, I assume Simrell did his airflow homework.
I have a Vortex which again is sort of a different model, but I like that one too. I really like his aesthetics, but I'm surprised the Stinger business isn't understood/discussed. Maybe it is, and the people who have them like them anyhow? I guess that sorta includes me!

Edit: i would also mention that other purveyors of intercoolers usually break the model in the same way. Therefore I would recommend the Simrell Titanium Performance Kit, if you would like to keep the DV performance model with a little extra cooling.

Last edited:
Top Bottom