Simple Cure for Coughing and Wheezing: Lower Temps and Smaller Hits?

Bazinga

The funny thing is that vaping people seem to thing Vaping is so much better than smoking for you. Why is it that there are so many cases like this then? Not to mention the people that have destroyed their lungs by vaping and dying from it. Seems ignorant now to me for people to saying vaping is so much better for you than smoking. I was told "vaping won't make you cough like smoking". Lmao, what a joke!. I had a bong set up where I smoked it and didn't really cough at all, with SOOO much less harshness than vapor.

“...people that have destroyed their lungs by vaping and dying from it”. Where did you obtain this information? Was it one person that succumbed to this fate or were there many casualties indicating a serious issue? Please provide link to support your comments. Thanks.

Kins

Reading your earlier posts you said you smoked out of a bong with an ashcatcher and a carbon filter. Are you running your vaporizers through this same setup? If not, why?

FWIW I personally find S&B vapes to be very harsh, to the point I simply cannot use their desktops or portables anymore.

Yes when I first switched over to vaping I was using an ashcatcher/recycler and also either a Roor or grav carbon filter on my Roor 18 inch with inline percolation. Using that set up I had huge smooth hits without any cough at all. It was all very tasty though and I could taste the terps.

Now I compare that to vaping with a similar set up and I vaped it and coughed up a lung.

Why would you run your stuff through a carbon filter. That takes away so much of the good terpenes and things you want from the cannabis?

Supposedly the carbon filter only takes out the "bad stuff" and I've used one it doesn't seem to take away from the flavor at all. If anything I'd say it increased the flavor while smoking but not while vaping.

“...people that have destroyed their lungs by vaping and dying from it”. Where did you obtain this information? Was it one person that succumbed to this fate or were there many casualties indicating a serious issue? Please provide link to support your comments. Thanks.

Kins,

ginolicious

Supposedly the carbon filter only takes out the "bad stuff" and I've used one it doesn't seem to take away from the flavor at all. If anything I'd say it increased the flavor while smoking but not while vaping.

Interesting. Never heard of that before. Guess I learnt something new today.

ginolicious,

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
Yes when I first switched over to vaping I was using an ashcatcher/recycler and also either a Roor or grav carbon filter on my Roor 18 inch with inline percolation. Using that set up I had huge smooth hits without any cough at all. It was all very tasty though and I could taste the terps.

Now I compare that to vaping with a similar set up and I vaped it and coughed up a lung.

WHen you say a similar set up does that mean you aren't using your Roor?

Did you ever stop smoking when you switched over to vaping or have you been doing both?

What does a normal vape session look like for you? Maybe people can offer some ideas for improving your experience. Your main vape is a Volcano?

invertedisdead,
Reactions: Vapor_Eyes

florduh

Quick note: The LA Times article is suggesting that vaping nicotine will lead to more deaths long term, because e-cig users who never smoked before will at some point switch from vaping to smoking. Probably because of laws restricting access to vapes, making cigarettes more attractive.

florduh,

Kins

WHen you say a similar set up does that mean you aren't using your Roor?

Did you ever stop smoking when you switched over to vaping or have you been doing both?

What does a normal vape session look like for you? Maybe people can offer some ideas for improving your experience. Your main vape is a Volcano?

No I have not gone back to smoking. Yes my main vape is a Volcano Hybrid and I also have the Crafty+. I have no problem with either of these products though. They are both pretty amazing although the Crafty+ seems to give much more flavor and less harshness if run through water. Lately I've been using my Obsidian on the Volcano Hybrid with a balloon. I take the balloon off and run it through one of my Roors with it filled with piece water and a different kind of carbon filter that sits in a Mouthpeace that sits on top of the bong. It kind of works but just not as well as it does while smoking instead of vaping. With smoking the smoke is a lot smoother than the vapor and has no real smokey taste, I only taste the flavor of the weed and/or terpenes. One of my favorite strains- Orange Cookies is where the more memorable sessions took place with smoking. Just pure flavor.

Kins,

Bazinga

Kins,
Thanks for providing the links addressing the vaping issues. It appears that the issue was due to e-cigarette type devices that used liquid [thc) rather than flower. I was concerned that perhaps vaping flower was the problem.

RustyOldNail

SEARCH for the treasure...

This issue was almost a year ago, and being an ECig user, who makes his own juice, and would never buy a Ecig/THC cartridge from the dude on the street, I followed this topic, because most of the early news was pure speculation, and only helped to destroy the legit vape market. But since this is old news, and the truth of the contamination was finally revealed as added bogus ingredients, like Vitamin E Acetate, how is this fear mongering accurate or useful?

Kins

This issue was almost a year ago, and being an ECig user, who makes his own juice, and would never buy a Ecig/THC cartridge from the dude on the street, I followed this topic, because most of the early news was pure speculation, and only helped to destroy the legit vape market. But since this is old news, and the truth of the contamination was finally revealed as added bogus ingredients, like Vitamin E Acetate, how is this fear mongering accurate or useful?

It's not as cut and dry as you think. It's far from fear mongering. It may be "old news" but it's still relevant. People haven't been vaping that long and it's not been as popular as it is now. The same thing happened with cigarettes. At first people didn't understand it was harmful. Vaping hasn't been around long enough and doesn't have enough history to call it safe. Vitamin E acetate was one of the problems.

Kins,

RustyOldNail

SEARCH for the treasure...
It's not as cut and dry as you think. It's far from fear mongering. It may be "old news" but it's still relevant. People haven't been vaping that long and it's not been as popular as it is now. The same thing happened with cigarettes. At first people didn't understand it was harmful. Vaping hasn't been around long enough and doesn't have enough history to call it safe. Vitamin E acetate was one of the problems.

Never said it was “safe”, and the research I read, doesn’t either. Since we don’t have long term research, anyone making claims either way would be speculating. But, eliminating the combustion is as of now, is considered “harm reduction”. The best for our lungs is fresh country air, minus the cow dung smell.

Kins

Never said it was “safe”, and the research I read, doesn’t either. Since we don’t have long term research, anyone making claims either way would be speculating. But, eliminating the combustion is as of now, is considered “harm reduction”. The best for our lungs is fresh country air, minus the cow dung smell.

Agreed!

LesPlenty

Company Rep
I personally find S&B vapes to be very harsh

eCig users ingesting all sorts of shit, not dry herb vaping.

Volcano Hybrid and I also have the Crafty+
That is more likely your problem, aluminium sensitivity, the only vape I have ever sold was my Mighty, made me hack, the Plenty is not as bad as it has a S/S bowl instead of made out of old Coke cans like Might/Crafty.

Siebter

Less soul, more mind
eCig users ingesting all sorts of shit, not dry herb vaping.

This THC cartridge story has *nothing* to do with e cigarettes, just as much as it has nothing to do with dry herb vaping. We e cig users do indeed not ingest all sorts of shit. The stuff that was found in those cartridges you will never find in an e cig. It's amazing how people who should know better are still putting two totally different things in the same pot. I'm sure that helped a lot over regulating e cigs and liquids (edit: and maybe eventually dry herb devices too) in the U.S. (oh, and Australia too, right?) and I'm sure that will help a lot with those people switching back to good old cigarettes.

Last edited:
Siebter,

Vapor_Eyes

taste buds
While vaping may not be “safe”, I would argue that it is safer than smoking because there is no carbon monoxide being created or inhaled. As to the smoothness, it is my opinion that smoking is smoother because combustion is destroying many of the active compounds we desire. When I take a big hit from a powerful vaporizer, the vapor is loaded with cannabinoids and terpenes, which are known irritants. You have the same irritants with combustion, in a lower concentration, and with the addition of toxic carbon monoxide.

Smoke also seems more humid and moist to me, vapor can be quite dry, especially when using a convection vaporizer.

Siebter

Less soul, more mind
Smoking may appear smoother perhaps because it hinders the respiratory epithelium to work properly. When you smoke cigarettes you cough mostly in the morning, when you haven't had a cig for a few hours (epithelium is working properly again). And it goes away when you had your first smoke.

I agree that what makes us cough from vaping are mostly the terpenes, some of them can be a bit dry and scratchy. But that's a mere irritation of the throat and I find that to be easily controllable with a bit of practice, while I could never manage avoiding the minutes long coughing fits I had when I was still smoking.

Siebter

Less soul, more mind
Propylene glycol, glycerin, nicotine are all shit, however you polish it!

You have missed that the culprit of those lung issues were not those substances. Those are indeed used in e cigs for many years now and have not caused those symptoms, while the use of harmful cutting agents like vitamin e acetate has caused deaths within a few months after they were introduced to the black market. E cig users don't buy their stuff on the black market. THC cartridge devices are even technically very different from e cigs. Go fact yourself.

Last edited:
Top Bottom