SiC Quest

3illmesmart

So, I have been waiting patiently for my order from Divine Tribe that has been suspended in postal flux and falling in love with the M22 that came through the post like UPS USED to deliver. I was pleasantly suprized to see the size. I always feel bowls are bigger than I want and this looks right to me, and the whole setup seems cool. It takes way longer to heat up than I expected, but the dabs are great. Flavour and cloud. Now, I'm pretty new to dabs, so I figured I would use the batteries I have.
A little back story, I had worked my way up and pretty much was happy with quartz motar on a Smok Rigel, but had to keep the charge on 24-7 to keep up. I did the same with the M22 (cheaped out on Mod), but it just sips power and I could get 3-4 sessions before I needed charging, and the dabs are soo sweet.
Back to SiC Quest, I have to cycle 5-6 times to get to temp and then cycle a couple more times for my hit. After that my double battery Rigel is on it's knees. I can't keep charge, even with cable on all the time.

So, will I have better results with a better power source? Going to get a Wismec tomorrow, or is this just a power hungry atty? Did I get the wrong 1? Not really interested in V5, I want SiC. Maybe V4.5?

Seems the SiC Quest got rolled in with the Quartz Quest And not a lot of info, what is your experience?

3illmesmart

Little update.
I switched out the Sic for Quartz cup, just to see, but didn't notice much improvement, maybe just a bit better taste. Monday I picked up a Wismec Reuleaux Rx200 and put the quest on right away and then had to get my batteries charged. Wattage Mode Monday evening wasn't much of an improvement partly due to 1/2 charged batteries. Tuesday, batteries have a good charge, so before I get going, I sort out TC. Right away, I notice an improvement, but I can see RED. 200W and coils lite that quartz up in no time. Learn to SET TC mode.

Watts set @ 40, ohms locked @ .28, temp @500

3illmesmart,
Reactions: LesPlenty

simba

@weedanwine
Something seems really wrong if the quartz bucket gives you better flavour then SiC.

I hadn't heard of the SiC quest before but yesterday saw it on sale for £46 so kinda curious about it. For my "dab pen" like experience I've been using the Sai topflow with the SiC bucket that I like a lot, but ya know the roving eye of VAS 😂🤷🏽‍♂️

Cereal4dinner

i have a sic bowl in my mini nail and its way better than the quartz bowl for flavour and heating

Cereal4dinner,

focalforlife

I just got a sic dish for my tbucket from the black friday sale. I've been using a sapphire and have cracked one because of heat stress so I'm definitely a little leary on the sapphire and will be more careful. While the sic dish is a backup I have some distillate in carts that I haven't been able to "drain" and was going to use a needle extraction and drop that in the sic dish (too nervous about the metal needle around the sapphire) and that will be my first use of the sic. I'll do some comparisons to the sapphire when I break it out this weekend.

focalforlife,
Top Bottom