Share A Dream Foundation...

Progress

'Socratic Existentialist, MD'
Hello all,

I was abruptly awakened during a fantastic dream this morning. The beauty about such abrupt disruptions of sleep is the fleeting ability to recall details from experiences on the other side. I had a couple of minutes extra to read over what I posted and decided to quickly make a thread in case anyone else has a dream they wish to capture and share.

SO...
PLEASE FEEL FREE TO SHARE A DREAM YOU HAVE HAD AND REMEMBER or READ WHAT OTHERS HAVE POSTED (HOWEVER--ALMOST LIKE THE PICTURE THREAD--BE PREPARED TO BE TEASED :p AND POSSIBLY DELETED :shrug: IF YOUR POST DOES NOT INCLUDE YOUR RECOLLECTION OF A DREAM. Note to the dreamless: We here at this SAD foundation don't give a fuck :D find some time to daydream :D
(from a previous chat) - I seem to have a recurrent theme in my dreams recently: it is always some pain or misery (physical, mental, or even extra-existential in variety). Sometimes its simple like running after a lost loved one (or one you fear to lose), while finding helpful things along the way. Sometimes it is more abstract, like the one about finding a 'PD shell' on the ground while experiencing increasing pain/misery, accidentally breaking it (releasing relief), which quickly progressed in video-game-stage-by-stage fashion to me having a machine-gun and boxes of ammo (PD shells)--even got me a cool green Rambo bandanna (well, it turned out to be more like a Jimi Hendrix bandanna, and Boy! that woke me up!) Anyhow, that brings me to the dream last night...Prog the Frog? I figure, since I seem to be rambling to myself for now (until one of the General Area Spies checks in), I may as well not toke up the extra space and hit "enter", Right?...No complaints?...Good! :D . So (I'll hopefully have enough time to tell this one before it becomes breaky-fast time (def favorite meal of the day!).

OK it all began like evolution (maybe you are familiar with Darwin's theory?). Well, basically I started like a tadpole having what felt like eons of adventures, too fleeting and intense too remember, yet alone to describe. The best I can say is that it seemed like the most calm-and-peaceful-yet-exciting, simple existence imaginable (I had hunger and pain on some level but didn't even seem to realize that I was even searching for food/relief--or anything for that matter). Nonetheless, I believe (for some reason) that I was somehow getting and digesting something that provided relief from this hunger/pain. As the eons piled upon eons, this simplicity gave way to a beautiful complexity. The purpose of once-meaningless (and possibly purposeless) tasks began to have meaning and premeditation. I made it out of the water to a land of critters, fellow amphibians and some large (seemingly somewhat omniscient) evil Force?...Being?...System?..Creature?...that seemed to relentlessly seek to prevent all of the smaller creatures from accessing the relief they so desperately sought. It was an intense experience (hopping--or swimming in the muck--around the lilly-pads, dodging the large and scary entities/creatures(?)--may have not been developed enough to be sure which they were--snagging bits of nourishment/relief seemingly out of mid air (seemingly instinctually). Before the intense pace of jumping around from lily-pad to lily-pad and ducking in the shadows to avoid the evil forces(?) had awakened myself--and the rest of the low-level creatures--from our slumber (since I believe the dreamer creates and destroys whatever he/she creates when he/she first dreams and then awakes). Nonetheless, along the way (despite my inability to describe, let alone imagine, such an existence in my current/awake state of consciousness) I feel I somehow (on a more primitive level randomly AND consequentially) I met many creatures (I guess?) that helped me with the expectation of nothing in return but appreciation AND who I helped with the same in mind. I almost (even though I know it was all 'just a dream') feel badly that I can not really thank them.
Toke it easy. :cool:

Progress,

Progress

'Socratic Existentialist, MD'
This one is a daydream and is called called ?Weird Thoughts? (you'll read how that name came about in a moment). It is sorta? a freestyle/stream-of-thought, short-story/day-dream that distracted me from participating in the conversation toking place in the Fucker Chat (insert shot-out to the Fucker Chat and Creator ?V? the tacotician), when I saw my name, ProgEatsNreads, and thought someone had called themselves FrogEatsNerds). NicelyToasted (stupidly) asked that I share more of the story that had distracted me and prevented me from typing. I figured that since I created it; may as well share it (share what you create?...good philosophy for all to try IMO :shrug:). It starts with a snippet of conversation (snippit :lol:) between NicelyToasted and myself (edited to only include 'the good shit' for your viewing pleasure).

NT?d: ?you were saying...weird thoughts??
Prog: ?OH YEAH!? ...something about a frog eating nerdy little kids with razor sharp teeth that became glass pieces from N3RD getting crunched up (new thoughts are forming even as I type the old ones).
NT?d: Lol?can u combine?
Prog: Combine or just continue?
NT?d: Both?
Prog: I?m putting down my eggs for this one?my mind goes too fast for me?.So, apparently N3RD appeared with a tiny SM. N3RD looked like a giant version of the tiny nerds initially eaten. SM, of course looked like the SM we all know and love (but pocket sized--like the kid who got shrunk in the original Charlie and the Chocolate Factory). N3RD started yelling at the frog in an indiscernable language, and the evil frog just kept getting gnarlier and more rancid looking. In one fell-swoop of the frog?s disgusting tongue, the (now) enormous frog swiped N3RD into his mouth (filled with broken glass and ragged teeth). N3RD was swallowed whole and the tiny SM (aka mini-monkey) climbed across the frogs lip and was snorted up to the edge of the frogs nostril. A giant rancid tongue swatted at the mini-monkey, knocking him into the eye of the giant frog (who became even more disgusting and less frog-like as time progressed. By now, the frog was bulging at the gills, breathing heavily, and covered in a slimy, mucusy, sweaty goo) Little SM punched the giant frog in the eyeball while N3RD was inside of the frog's belly, making weapons out of parts of his broken glass pieces (using the frog's stomach acid to melt and weld the glass). As mini-monkey (aka tiny SM), punched the frog in his cornea for a second time, N3RD tore out of the belly of this hideous amphibian like the scene from the original ?Alien? (honing the craziest, sickest, illest, headiest glass weaponry ever seen). He stabbed the frog in the belly and jumped up (like a souped-up version of the guy in Street Fighter), slicing the Gruesome frog in two all the way up to his head, causing the giant frog to cry tiny SM out, who dripped out of the frog's eye onto the shoulder of the much larger N3RD, who is now surrounded by a pool of rancid mucus, sweat, and blood from the (now) dead frog. N3RD thought mini monkey was dead for sure and that he would never find his way to the smooth foggy halls of the Vrip Palace, when suddenly he heard a gurgling sound (which turned out to be tiny SM trying to breathe through a glob of mucus, sweat, blood and frog tears). The giant N3RD was glad to see the little monkey who led him to the Vrip Palace (a beautiful work of glass that N3RD inspected giddily like a world-class jeweler inspecting a diamond sculpture). Before the tiny monkey left the giant N3RD (to recount the events that brought him where he was), N3RD graciously rewarded him with the most beautiful glass statue he had ever created...THE END.

As the story fades from my mind, leaving words all over my screen, the image in my head pans out to me sitting and typing in front of my computer. ?It was real all along!? I think as I recall NicelyToasted?s initial (certainly regretted) request for me to share my 'weird thoughts'. It turns out that it was just a story about a wierd and peaceful Prog (not a weird and violent frog) after all. Guess the moral of the story is that acting peacefully instead of violently can make the story go from horrific to fantastic (and don't fuck with tiny sm or glass-blowing N3RDs if you are an evil frog!...lol)

Two dreams with frogs in them (guess frog does rhyme with Prog). Just be glad I did not name myself Venus :brow:.

Progress,
Top Bottom