• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Separating kief ABV from flower ABV

JSteez4205

aka Gordon NugzB
I have started to solely use my MFLB for vaping kief. I have been just adding the vaped kief into my stash of flower abv. I was curious if anyone out there keeps their concentrate abv Seperate from their flower abv. And if so, do you prefer to use the different ABV's for different purposes? Ex. Kief abv strictly for qwiso hash oil and Flower abv strictly for edibles, or visa versa?? Just been interested in other's thoughts on if it's worth it or not...

JSteez4205,

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member
In my admittedly limited experience with vapourizing kief by itself, I've never found that it left enough behind to bother with, never mind that what was left was always stuck to the screen.

pakalolo,
Reactions: max

AGBeer

Lost in Thought
Even though my kief usage is far and few between, I still toss it all in together as its all going to the same place during its processing for medibles. :D

djonkoman

I do store my hash-abv seperatly. that's because I vape my abv a little on the light side usually, and I want to keep the option of revaping it. the hash is vaped at another temp, abv from hash also looks a lot different, and has a dust-like consistency.
when I used my VG more I also had 2 seperate abv-stashes for light and dark abv, but back then I mixed the hashabv into the dark abv.
but I never kept abv from kief seperate, since it's pretty much identical to regular abv just without the bigger bits

djonkoman,

JSteez4205

aka Gordon NugzB
I've noticed that when vaping a trench of kief in the LB the kief ends up thickening up into a sticky brown abv..
In my admittedly limited experience with vapourizing kief by itself, I've never found that it left enough behind to bother with, never mind that what was left was always stuck to the screen.
It does tend to want to stick to the screen some, but hitting it with a lil pick always gets it for me. Also, when you say you never found it left enough behind, do you mean active chemicals, or just kief in general,due to sucking through screen, or whatever other kind of loss mishap?

JSteez4205,

djonkoman

oh btw, I should've added that when I'm speaking of kief, I mostly mean the stuff I get when scraping/brushing/knocking out the stuff stuck in the corners of my grinder, so my 'kief' isn't pure kief but a mixture of finely grinded matter and kief.

djonkoman,

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member
I've noticed that when vaping a trench of kief in the LB the kief ends up thickening up into a sticky brown abv..
It does tend to want to stick to the screen some, but hitting it with a lil pick always gets it for me. Also, when you say you never found it left enough behind, do you mean active chemicals, or just kief in general,due to sucking through screen, or whatever other kind of loss mishap?

Just not enough left behind. I couldn't tell you about the active chemicals left because I've done it only a couple of times and I never bothered to try to collect the ABV, and even if I did the amount would have been so miniscule it would have been impossible to tell anything about it.

oh btw, I should've added that when I'm speaking of kief, I mostly mean the stuff I get when scraping/brushing/knocking out the stuff stuck in the corners of my grinder, so my 'kief' isn't pure kief but a mixture of finely grinded matter and kief.

I think when people refer to kief here, that's what they usually mean. Many of the pictures of kief posted here are greenish rather than the golden yellow of pure kief.

pakalolo,
Top Bottom