• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Induction Heater MAD Heaters - Innovative Dynavap Accessories

PPN

Volute of Vapor
I applaude you Mad Guys! This is look like the VapCap induction heater everybody was waiting for, can't wait to see that level of control for IH enail cause the few I have are too crudes and heating process is somewhat brutal, thank you for bringing us more "finesse".

Brenyo

Manufacturer
Found what I've been looking for with this one. Any plans for a limited 4/20 release? Can't really wait much longer :D
Yes, there will be a limited release by then, but not the one you're after sorry :D This was the plan last year, but the development took longer than expected.

Any plans to make the firmware upgradeable via the USB port?
Very good question! It's in the plans, but it probably won't be available to do at home with the first batches as there are enough functions already which needs attention and polishing. We're trying to get a rock solid FW first and then go into even deeper customisation.

jbm

Yes, there will be a limited release by then, but not the one you're after sorry :D This was the plan last year, but the development took longer than expected.

Very good question! It's in the plans, but it probably won't be available to do at home with the first batches as there are enough functions already which needs attention and polishing. We're trying to get a rock solid FW first and then go into even deeper customisation.
In that case would you be willing to consider people sending their device in for firmware upgrades?

Texus

Wow, really nice work on the features and appearance of this one.
  • Being able to modulate heating time through adjusting the wattage is a nice solution. Will be interesting to compare to the PWM approach used by Fluxer. I think this sort of adjustability is key unless you only want one type of hit and an existing IH has the right heating profile to achieve it.
  • Also a huge fan of actually being able to set and measure temp. A level of control and information I have only seen on the Magtech heater.
  • Love the heat up options too. Very well thought out.
  • And last but not least: GIVE THE BUILT IN DECAPPER SOME LOVE. I adore the BCG D-Capper and having this built into a portable device was an unexpected stroke of genius.
Look forward to more details (price obviously the biggie), but daaaaaang. This could be a game changer. Wonderful to see this sort of innovation in the IH space.

RustyOldNail

SEARCH for the treasure...
Yes, this might be possible to do. We're only planning to make visual updates to the UI later on, so it might not worth the hassle for the customer.

An advanced design like this, which I assume with be EXPENSIVE, should have UPGRADABLE FIRMWARE, might be a deal breaker for me. Short story, bought a fairly expensive device that advertised a 20 second cutoff, found it was cutting off at 10 seconds. Wrote the manufacturer, and was told early units were not programmed correctly, no notice was ever sent, promised me a new units MONTHS from now, not holding my breath I’ll ever see it, especially with the looming VAPE MAIL BAN. All of this could be avoided with the ability to do a simple firmware update, and it’s a BIG saving for the company, that does not have to deal with RETURNS, for an interface update, or more importantly, a FUNCTIONALITY update. I have a ton of less then $25 ECig mods that have had this ability for the last 5 years or longer, so it’s an old tried and true technology.

Steamer

I'd be really interested to know how the power regulation on this device works. The Dotleaf has had its fair share of problems because it's using the classic ecig temp control, ie calibrating at room temperature and calculating the temperature based off the change in resistance. The calibration itself happens when you switch on the device, so will this give problems when you swap batteries for example? Because if you're resetting the device and with warm electronics, the resistance will be a lot higher.

If this is not the case, please ignore me and keep on doing what you do best! It looks like a true quality item, I'll need one for sure :)

Brenyo

Manufacturer
An advanced design like this, which I assume with be EXPENSIVE, should have UPGRADABLE FIRMWARE, might be a deal breaker for me. Short story, bought a fairly expensive device that advertised a 20 second cutoff, found it was cutting off at 10 seconds. Wrote the manufacturer, and was told early units were not programmed correctly, no notice was ever sent, promised me a new units MONTHS from now, not holding my breath I’ll ever see it, especially with the looming VAPE MAIL BAN. All of this could be avoided with the ability to do a simple firmware update, and it’s a BIG saving for the company, that does not have to deal with RETURNS, for an interface update, or more importantly, a FUNCTIONALITY update. I have a ton of less then $25 ECig mods that have had this ability for the last 5 years or longer, so it’s an old tried and true technology.

I’ll put this higher up the list as I understand your worries. The device will be tested by some of the veterans of the space pior to the release so nothing like this should happen in theory. Ecig mods are made in quite a bit larger quantites so the cost of delepoment and parts are not that high for this sort of function as in our case. This is a fairly small market compared to the nic vapes and we’re trying to keep the price as accessible as we can to offer a very good value IH while maintaning a high quality standard.

Is there any sort of Button lock functionality? Too many bad experiences from a box mod in the pocket without the key lock on, resulting in Voltage inadvertantly going thru the roof and cart coils burning out when I didn't notice what had happened...

There was, but we removed it as the button combinations were needed for more important features. It happened to me many times over the years as well, however it’s different with an IH as you’d never put this away turned on ( at least we highly recommend not to, not just because of the lack of the lock option ). There will be also an auto off feature and something else which can eliminate this problem even if it’s adjusted in the pocket.

If this is not the case, please ignore me and keep on doing what you do best! It looks like a true quality item, I'll need one for sure :)

This works quite a bit differently, we’re measuring actual temperature not the change in resistance in this case.

Last edited:

BabyFacedFinster

Anything worth doing, is worth overdoing.
I had a few questions about the sound it makes. Does the unit go through a pulsing action that comes with an audible clicking sound, such as with a Fluxer? Are there any sounds or noises other than the vapcap clicking?

A video of the Sense in action would be great. It's all very exciting.

Thanks

Last edited:

Brenyo

Manufacturer
I had a few questions about the sound it makes. Does the unit go through a pulsing action that comes with an audible clicking sound, such as with a Fluxer? Are there any sounds or noises other than the vapcap clicking?

A video of the Sense in action would be great. It's all very exciting.

Thanks

No, nothing apart from the click. I’ll post a video once it’s very close to how the final product will look.

jbm

I’ll put this higher up the list as I understand your worries. The device will be tested by some of the veterans of the space pior to the release so nothing like this should happen in theory.
I’m not a veteran of the space but planning for things like user upgradeable firmware is the kind of forward thinking for sustainability that we need more of in this space. I’m sometimes surprised at how many companies in this space don’t see past their first iteration and basically use their first round of sales for device testing. Then offer little in the way of an upgrade path to their early supporters. (See dotLeaf’s upcoming 1.5 release, which includes hardware changes, new ovens, and updated firmware - none of which may be offered to purchasers of the first model. Early adopters can only get the upgraded ovens by paying full retail. )

Vaporware

No, nothing apart from the click.

Would you consider adding an optional sound or haptic feedback?

Most of us can hear a VapCap click in a quiet environment, but some people have a hard time hearing it at all, and most of us struggle to hear it in loud environments.

Having the option to get feedback from the heater in addition to the cap would help a lot of people even if it wasn’t perfectly synced with the cap’s click. :)

Han Solo

Guess which vape I got just before joining
I hope it's below the $150 mark...
Shit, I'm waiting on a hotshot, but at that price I'd consider a second heater for this one.

I'm expecting more in the higher premium range. $275 doesn't sound too far off, maybe $250, which mean I won't be buying if that's the case. Looks really good, but that's more than I'd spend on it, so I'm hoping you're right. (Though, perhaps I should hope I'm right to save myself some money)

Top Bottom