Induction Heater MAD Heaters - Innovative Dynavap Accessories

RustyOldNail

SEARCH for the treasure...
Li Po = low mass, high energy density?

No thanks.

Harder to find replacements as packs are often designed to fit a space. Depending on the pack design, often requires a “balanced charge”, something most common battery chargers don’t do, so you may be stuck only being able to charge it internally in the device, most LIPO packs are not designed to be easily removed from device.

stark1

Lonesome Planet
To each his own, while I have a few 18650, I prefer to keep my pants up. :party:

stark1,

scy123

Trusted Member Don't Worry
I actually took a look at one of my mods that used lipos. It uses a similar one to this link and weights 114g with a 14.43Wh capacity. and is roughly the shape of (2) 18650's... a little larger than that actually.... more comparable to (2) 21700 really.

2 Sony VTC6 18650 has a total weight of 95g and 21.6Wh capacity. So it weights less and has more capacity. Not to mention 21700s can go up to 18.5Wh a piece and weight about 70g. So lithium-ion has a better energy to weight ratio too.

stark1

Lonesome Planet
Question: @scy123 : 2 18650 (in series) = 2 x 3.7V=> 7.2V
3 x 3.7V (gms ) = 47.5gm x 3 =142gm?

11.1V LiPo = 114gm, 50C

Ah, well. We will just have to see when the render becomes a reality.
Meanwhile, I yam gettin a Swiss Army belt. :spliff:

Is it June, all ready?

Last edited:

scy123

Trusted Member Don't Worry
Each VTC6 weights 47.5g and has around 11Wh capacity depending on if you use a nominal 3.6 or 3.7 for the calculation.

Actually brings up a good point. Only reason I used lipo on that one was cause I needed 3s and 3 18650s would have been slightly too large. Also It was for a high power application so lipo would have less voltage drop.

2 VTC6 would be able to handle around 144W so unless you are using more than that you don't need 3 cells.

I guess if you really wanted to save weight you could use a 2s lipo like this link.

You really only save 15g, about the weight of 3 quarter coins, hardly noticeable. and it would only have a 9.62Wh capacity when 2 18650s would have 21.6Wh capacity.

Last edited:
scy123,

Brenyo

Manufacturer
any possible way to make the heater chamber a through hole?
No, it can’t be done with the Sense, the sensor is below the cap.

Yeah, it would be cool to have a removable cover on the bottom and enough of a heat range that would allow it to function like a Wand. Maybe make a carb cover as an accessory along with parts similar to the ispire kit.
The goal with the Sense is to control the heating precisely and conveniently, so I feel this would be a step back having to hold it at an exact place instead of just leaving it in the chamber with your set preferences.

thunderstealer1337

You can design around it and have it work on multiple features. Set the drop in height or free hand, etc.

I don't think it would be going backwards but forwards if you can implement in conjunction with the auto sensing? I can make something of a attachment to the one of my ih that has auto sensing already.

thunderstealer1337,
Reactions: Brenyo

Photonic

Lesser-Known Lurker
The goal with the Sense is to control the heating precisely and conveniently, so I feel this would be a step back having to hold it at an exact place instead of just leaving it in the chamber with your set preferences.
I hear you and you are the designer, so you know best. If there is a sensor there, it won't work out...

Before you pointed out it can't be done, I was imagining for Dynavap use the bottom "door" would remain in place, and it wouldn't be removed until you wanted to use the device with a banger (a la Wand), then you'd remove the bottom and replace it with a carb cap.

Brenyo

Manufacturer
You can design around it and have it work on multiple features. Set the drop in height or free hand, etc.

I don't think it would be going backwards but forwards if you can implement in conjunction with the auto sensing? I can make something of a attachment to the one of my ih that has auto sensing already.
It could work with the auto sensing no problem, but not with the current temperature sensing solution :( Different attachments are still possible, even without having an open chamber. Let’s leave this feature for the next device ;)

well, you could. but what is really the point of a through hole?

it won't enable you to modify temperature more subtly, because the sense has precise temp control.

assuming the coil covers most of the tip, the device also warrants almost perfectly even heat soak anyway.

at best you get marginally better heat soak, IF you manage to handle the through hole with an absolutely uniform up-down motion.

that's a big if, because it's not exactly easy to play hasbro's operation, especially while stoned af.

besides that, a through hole makes handling the sense during heating much more difficult.

also, you risk combustion via the temp sensor picking up on the cooler fins, not the bowl, by accident.

to me, the trade-off isn't worth while.

why would you want to heat only certain sections of the tip given all this?

Brenyo

Manufacturer
Is the end of June still the eta for launch?
No it’s not unfortunately, I’m really sorry to keep you all waiting. We still need some time to perfect everything.

Other updates:
The prototype testing of the stem and jar went really well and we made a few changes in the meantime both on the inside and outside. The cooler part is now compatible with other stems as well, but in this case the extra airport functions won’t work.
We're now making a bigger batch of the final version, when they are ready we'll post real pictures of them and show how the cooling system works.
This is the new look for the Ti version (sorry for the poor quality renders), there will be wood options as well if everything goes as planned.

416B8198-0C73-44DF-8843-F443EC6F2FBA.png
27AF45B0-93D2-4FCF-A76D-D79B95BD2AF8.png
F0641533-AC9E-46AA-BD42-3FA7D62B60CE.png

Last edited:

TommyDee

Vaporitor
Nice work on the details @Brenyo - I drive clients crazy with all those little detail questions. Funny how an edge break can garner discussion LOL So looking forward to seeing one in metal.

TommyDee,
Reactions: Brenyo

Brenyo

Manufacturer
With some amazing teamwork we've finished updating the jar design and managed to sneak in a few extra tools for you guys :D

Now it includes the following:
- Airtight fresh herb storage (20ml)
- AVB storage with debowler (20ml, optionally can be used as another airtight herb storage if the debowler pin is removed)
- CCD remover / straightener tool (straightening is only needed for the first installation)
- Depth adjustable CCD tool for easy installation and positioning. With this tool you can insert the CCD to any position in between the half and full bowl on the tips with the adjust-a-bowl feature.
- Cooling Magnet (MAD Mag)
- Decapper tool
- Tamper tool
- Different color o-rings for personalization

Extra accessories:
- Small container (12ml)
- Keyring holder (very strong hold with the MAD Mag)

c57b26f2-7842-4b7b-90a5-82f1d5f18e20.PNG
4278ee81-24e2-4158-a6aa-0704cbeb6b37.PNG

Last edited:
Top Bottom