Induction Heater MAD Heaters - Innovative Dynavap Accessories

Brenyo

Manufacturer
Wand3.jpg

We are proud to introduce another work in progress project, a titanium stem system that is adjustable in every way: choosing the cooling path, precision airflow settings, a spinning mouthpiece that can be locked, optional extra filtration and many more! One more piece to complete your MAD Heaters experience.

Disclaimer: The product showcased on this rendered image is a work in progress, some features are subject to change during the development process!

Vapemat

Damn, I think I will have to sacrifice the entire payment or take a loan from the bank to buy all your accessories šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚

The more news you show, the more impatient I get šŸ˜

cx714

Unregulated Tendencies
Agreed. If they can avoid the aspirational pricing titanium inspires, it really could be the perfect thing (much like their IH seems to tick every conceivable box).

Tbh theyā€™re almost crossing into too good to be true territory. Praying itā€™s a proper vape and not just vaporware!

Last edited:

Vaporware

Suspicious Side Eye GIF by SpongeBob SquarePants

will the sense also be available with a carbon fiber heating chamber insert rather than a glass one? fancy lights are nice but i prefer durability and safety :myday:

lugaschfuckcombustion,

Brenyo

Manufacturer
Generally no, the glass lighting is too important on this device, however I can see that this would be of interest to others as well. It should be fairly easy to have a few of these made, so I will look into it.
The heater will come with a carry case and we're planning to make a sleeve as well.

Generally no, the glass lighting is too important on this device, however I can see that this would be of interest to others as well. It should be fairly easy to have a few of these made, so I will look into it.
The heater will come with a carry case and we're planning to make a sleeve as well.
very nice, thanks for the quick reply!

speaking of light indication and how to improve it:

a major selling point of the device will be the adjustable aim temperature, which might be changed often, perhaps even in one session.

for example the user might vape many different herbs with varying combustion temperatures.

it will surely also occur, that the sense is shared and some users like their vapor cooler than the others.

however, as far as i understand, currently it is planned to assign colors to set values of reached cap temperature (for instance ā€“ blue 120-160 Ā°C, green 160-180 Ā°C, yellow 180-200 Ā°C...).

now if the sense shall only heat to 150 Ā°C, the light will stay blue for the entire duration of the heating process.

there will be no visual cue for when the toke is ready or close to ready.

unfortunately, with a system of absolute values, you get less information on the heating progress, the lower the aim temperature is set.

furthermore, if different aim temperatures are set susequently (t1: 140 Ā°C, t2: 190 Ā°C), different colors will signal that the temperature has been reached (for t1: blue, for t2: yellow).

this is not very intuitive because in order to know when to take a draw, you have to know the aim temperature and remember the color values.

to solve these issues i suggest to assign the colors to percentiles of the aim temperature (for instance ā€“ blue 0-20% of aim temperature, green 20-40%, yellow 40-60%, orange 60-80%, red 80-<100%, flashing red 100%).

this way, you can tell your vape noob friend to hit the vapcap when the sense flashes red light because then the toke is always ready.

he doesn't necessarily have to remember the percentile values, either. with percentile-based colors progress is signalled intuitively.

moreover, heating cycles with low aim temperatures will always give visual cues for progress in the same manner as hot heating cycles.

if you would like to stick with an absolute value system (for which i frankly do not see any user advantage), please consider to make the light flash while the device is still reaching the aim temperature.

Last edited:

Brenyo

Manufacturer
Had a chat with TD last night, we'll probably try white ceramic instead of carbon fiber.
Carbon fiber is not RF transparent so it heats from induction and white ceramic can "glow" because it's crystalline, so the indicator lights could work better.

however, as far as i understand, currently it is planned to assign colors to set values of reached cap temperature (for instance ā€“ blue 120-160 Ā°C, green 160-180 Ā°C, yellow 180-200 Ā°C...).
The LED colour changes in the following order: Blue (0 - 120Ā°C) -> Yellow (120 - 160Ā°C) -> Orange (160 - 180Ā°C) -> Red (180 - 200Ā°C) -> Flashing Red (200 Ā°C + ). When the heating is finished the LED flashes 3 times with green colour and then turns OFF until the DV is removed. After the DV is removed itā€™s back to standby and the LED turns on with the colour set in the menu.

now if the sense shall only heat to 150 Ā°C, the light will stay blue for the entire duration of the heating process.
In this case it will change to yellow.

there will be no visual cue for when the toke is ready or close to ready.
3 quick green flashes and then the LED is off until the pipe is removed. Green is not used for any other indication while it's heating.

this is not very intuitive because in order to know when to take a draw, you have to know the aim temperature and remember the color values.
In my opinion it's intuitive exactly because of that šŸ™‚ We selected the colours for the indication what sort-of matches the "hotness" of the DV and this is why you don't have to remember the different colours.
Red will always mean it's between 180-200C and it's not depending on where the IH is set currently. This is especially important when the device is shared as I think in these cases it's more likely that you won't change the temp setting for each user/heating. You can set the highest desired temperature and each user can just use the colour code indications for the shared session.

to solve these issues i suggest to assign the colors to percentiles of the aim temperature (for instance ā€“ blue 0-20% of aim temperature, green 20-40%, yellow 40-60%, orange 60-80%, red 80-<100%, flashing red 100%).
This way in a shared session you either must change the setting for each user OR each user has to remember the ideal led color for themselves based on the main user's current settings or use the screen instead. It's also not ideal if you left the device at 220C the last time but normally it's set to 180C and you forgot to check the setting before the first heating. This way you'll know that it heated to a higher temperature then what you wanted, hopefully before it combusts with this example.

moreover, heating cycles with low aim temperatures will always give visual cues for progress in the same manner as hot heating cycles.
Yes, this would be ideal, however it only really matters when you heat from cold, otherwise it starts from the current temp which means that you'd only see 1 or 2 colors changing mostly... which is pretty much the same as with our solution for the consecutive activations. Anything below 120C is considered cold and not vaporization temperature.

The beauty of the device is that it's fully automatic for a single user. You don't really have to follow the colours or anything, just check if the LED is off or if it's doing the green blinking. There will be another mode which is not yet revealed, that will work in a similar manner.

Last edited:

Bad Dog

Yeah I pissed on the rug...... so what
How long is the heating timer? I'd like to be able to hit while heating to take a massive rip

Bad Dog,

Brenyo

Manufacturer
Youā€™ll have between 5-10 seconds after it reached the set temperature. (Still to be decided)

Brenyo,
the triple green flash helps but i am still not convinced.

green is not a signal color, red is.

it would be better if the led flashed red when aim temperature is reached.

given your system's values green then should take the place of yellow, yellow the place of orange, orange the place of red and purple should replace flashing red, which in turn will indicate that the hit is ready.

however, in my opinion, the absolute value system is not intuitive just due to the fact that the temperature increments are not equally large (equally large increments would also not be functional for absolute values).

an unexperienced user will understand that changing colors mean more heat, but he will never be able to guess even somewhat accurately how much the temperature changes with each color switch just by virtue of the colors themselves.

there is no agreed upon standard which colors typically indicate which temperatures.

he also will not remember all the increments for the colors.

according to you, he doesn't need to remember.

but then the colors practically will only deliver the information that the temperature is changing at all and give a very vague idea of the actual temperature.

people who are enthusiastic about their temperature preference (probably everyone here) will then just use the display to know the exact current temperature.

with the percentile approach the user only has to know the aim temperature and can know the temperature approximately himself.

third graders can compute even increments of 20%.

if the user does not want to compute, he will get used to the 5 steps that will be timed near consistently between various aim temperatures and develop intuition.

i do not agree with the argument that a percentile-based system causes problems when you set an unusually high temperature and then forget to turn the temperature down.

in this case you will not combust, unless you combusted in the first session.

if you did combust in the first session, you will have changed the temperature setting in the second session.

the worst that can happen is that you vape at a higher or lower temp unintentionally for 1 draw.

this minor downside does not outweigh the benefits of the percentile system in my opinion.

another bonus is that aromatherapy for herbs which combust under 120 Ā°C ā€“ for example fine ground blue lotus or passion flower ā€“ works flawlessly.

you can just hit the vapcap at 60% of the lowest ā€“ the 120 Ā°C ā€“ setting, if you vape an herb that combusts at 90 Ā°C.

with an absolute system the color will always remain blue in this case, so there is no way to tell when you can toke.

the green light triple flash only functions at or above 120 Ā°C, so you effectively have to guess when to hit the vapcap.

this will regularly lead to combustion.

to solve this with an absolute value system, you'd have to make temperature adjustable well under 120 Ā°C.

Last edited:
lugaschfuckcombustion,
Reactions: Brenyo

Adobewan

I thought Iā€™d read that using different colored lights was frowned upon due to the prevalence of color-blindness.

Brenyo

Manufacturer
to solve this with an absolute value system, you'd have to make temperature adjustable well under 120 Ā°C.
Right, I think I get it now. šŸ™‚ So the reason behind this is to be able to measure temperatures under 120C without looking at the screen.

I must say I havenā€™t considered this as itā€™s made for the most used herb in the dynaverse and the colors are set accordingly. I still believe for that purpose the original light system is better generally.

Iā€™ll look into it if we can lower the temp limit, but in that case only 25-30W heating power would be available to get a more precise temp reading at lower values.

Brenyo,
Reactions: endof3d

Vaporware

I thought Iā€™d read that using different colored lights was frowned upon due to the prevalence of color-blindness.

Complete color blindness isnā€™t too common and there are other indicators for people in that group, but I do hope that theyā€™re checking their colors with ā€œcolor blindā€ people like me who have trouble distinguishing some colors like red/green, yellow/green, purple/blue, etc.

For me, anything with red in it is...missing most of its red. Like if you turn the red channel on your monitor way down, Iā€™d barely notice a difference but most people would see a huge change.

That can be overcome by choosing different shades that donā€™t look the same to us, but that may or may not be possible with the lights theyā€™re using... :shrug:

Right, I think I get it now. šŸ™‚ So the reason behind this is to be able to measure temperatures under 120C without looking at the screen.

I must say I havenā€™t considered this as itā€™s made for the most used herb in the dynaverse and the colors are set accordingly. I still believe for that purpose the original light system is better generally.

Iā€™ll look into it if we can lower the temp limit, but in that case only 25-30W heating power would be available to get a more precise temp reading at lower values.

yes, i enjoy full circle aromatherapy functionality. but also no:

i genuinely deem a percentile-based system superior for the reasons stated above. nonwithstanding, i acknowledge that this is a matter of personal preference and i respect your entrepreneurial decision.

what do you think about changing the color spectrum like i suggested in my previous post?

i find it misleading that currently flashing red light shall indicate that temperature is rising within an increment and flashing green light shall indicate that the ih is at set temperature.

why use the same display mode (blinking) for a process on one hand (red) and a state on the other hand (green), two unlike types of information?

also, red light is followed by the similar flashing red light, which makes it unnecessarily hard to differentiate between the two increments.

red flashing light grabs the most attention of any color configuration and should therefore indicate that the aim temperature is reached.

green on the other hand to me feels like a cold color and ties in nicely with the cooler seeming blue and with yellow, orange and purple which feel progressively hotter than green.

to me, this sequence i referred to previously traces the temperature curve more naturally:

blue <120 Ā°C, green 120-160 Ā°C, yellow 160-180 Ā°C, orange 180-200 Ā°C, purple >200; 5x flashing red: aim temperature reached

Last edited:

Brenyo

Manufacturer
If we use a system based on the 20% of the aim temp then at a 180C setting the next step below is 144C , the one below is 108C. The smaller, 20C steps near the optimal temperatures are a lot more imortant in my opinion. Keep in mind that most of the time youā€™ll be re-heating from hot in the average range of 120-190C. In this scenario youā€™d only get a single color change on the following heat-ups. This is not precise enough when you share the device and youā€™re way too stoned to keep adjusting the temp for each heatup (if you want to use it with 2 DVā€™s at the same time) or youā€™d have to keep looking at the screen if you want a lower temperature.

Apart from this device sharing there is not much real use to it other than it looks cool and shows that the heating is in progress and where itā€™s at roughly. The heating will stop when the set temperature is reached so there is no need to know where itā€™s at exactly or calculating the 20% values, which is still a lot harder than remembering the 120-160-180-200 numbers imo.

i think red flashing light grabs the most attention of any color configuration and should therefore indicate that the aim temperature is reached.
This is why we chose it to show that youā€™re near combustion temperatures, it would work as a warning indicator. I think youā€™re right that the green blinking might be confusing after a red blinking light.
There would be another option where the led just turns off when the heating is done, it wouldnā€™t flash/blink with green. This is the only time when the led would be turned off completely.

We could put the colors to a vote, youā€™re not the first one to recommend a different color scheme, but this is how it feels the most natural to me and to most of the people who we asked. This really is just a personal preference

Last edited:
Top Bottom