NFC Sciatica

ginolicious

Boy oh boy. I feel fucking broken.

So last night I was playing video games on the couch. Had 2 beers. And was vaping. Anyways I noticed right under my right ass cheek had a warming sensation. So I know I have sciatica. Never experienced this warming before ever. I know after my 3rd bowl it didn’t come back and then I went to sleep. Not painful. Just uncomfortable.

Anyways. Today. The warming sensation came back. So I did a few stretches. Seem to be good for now I think. It’s odd. I’m legit falling apart. Never had this much discomfort in the ass from sciatica.

Does anyone else experience this sciatica pain or similar pain I am experiencing? If so, what has worked for you? CBD? THC?

I know since covid I have been not active at all. I legit sit all fucking day. Except when I walk to and from my car for work.

The Stray Fox

Separated from the group
I suffer from this due to a herniated disk injury that happened 18 years ago. The pain shoots down my left leg among other pains compounding from the initial injury which came from picking up a five gallon bucket and twisting. I fell straight to the floor and could not get up.

I vape cbd and thc. Thc helps me more with the pain. It doesn’t go away per say but puts it in the back of my mind. Being stagnant in my activities seems to make it worse. Getting off my ass and getting the body moving really helps.

Abysmal Vapor

Supersniffer 2000 - robot fart detection device
Oh man ! While Yoga is very useful,dont do stretches if you are in pain. Btw doing sudden moves after beeing in a calm state for a long time is recipe for injuries.. One day i woke up and felt my neck is kind-a stiff so i decided,to work it out by rotating it to the sides.. i got a lock on a nerve,which got swollen and even the slightest movement resulted in acute pain. I called a 80 yeard old proffesor in kinesiotherapy and he told me to let it rest and lay as still as possible until pain subsides.. and to go to him after a few days. The guy hands were magic,i got immediate and big relief,but there was a very long road to recovery and also slow.. It took me like 6 months so i can recover fully and rotate my head in all dimensions.. I always try to warm up a bit before i make sudden moves or engage in physical activity and will do it to the end of my days,lol.
So i advise to let it rest in a comfortable position and if the trouble continues better seek advice from someone knowledgeable.
For the record my recovery therapy involved a lot of yoga and stretching and also strenghteninging of my neck muscles,the excersizes for strenght were ridiculous,but they did work.

Last edited by a moderator:

ginolicious

The burning seems to only happen when I sit. Which is weird. But I have been doing copious amounts of sitting since covid.

GinoLicious,

z0r

I strongly, strongly echo what @Planck said.

I had horrific sciatic pain from Nov-Feb of this year. It progressed slowly at first, for 2 months just a dull ache that radiated down my middle and lower back, then in late Jan became shooting lightning down my left leg. It got so bad in Feb, I would freeze in place to contend with the pain until it passed. Definitely something I would wish upon my worst enemy.

Medicating didn't do jack shit except make me care less about the pain. Topical anesthetics made me think I should feel better, but did jack shit as well. Once the injury was diagnosed as a slipped disc, daily physical therapy exercises (wall hip slides, back stretches) and an amazing therapist were the only path to pain-free life. I would say seek a medical professional (telehealth should work here) and see if they can get you any PT exercises to follow. Sitting is the worst thing for sciatic pain and issues, try to stand as much as you can. If you need to sit, place a rolled up towel in the inner curve of your lowerback so you maintain good posture with the chair back.

I had similar issues with neck pain and a misdiagnosed tennis elbow (another pinched nerve), all rectified with stretching exercises. I am happy to send you scanned copies of the exercises I did, but please please please consult with a medical professional, as I am not that :). These exercises helped restore the proper placement of the disc. I am not a big fan of yoga, so I wouldn't recommend it for actually rectifying the issue, but perhaps it will give you a little relief.

I wish you (and any other sufferers) a speedy recovery!!

YaMon

Vaping since 2010
Boy oh boy. I feel fucking broken.

So last night I was playing video games on the couch. Had 2 beers. And was vaping. Anyways I noticed right under my right ass cheek had a warming sensation. So I know I have sciatica. Never experienced this warming before ever. I know after my 3rd bowl it didn’t come back and then I went to sleep. Not painful. Just uncomfortable.

Anyways. Today. The warming sensation came back. So I did a few stretches. Seem to be good for now I think. It’s odd. I’m legit falling apart. Never had this much discomfort in the ass from sciatica.

Does anyone else experience this sciatica pain or similar pain I am experiencing? If so, what has worked for you? CBD? THC?

I know since covid I have been not active at all. I legit sit all fucking day. Except when I walk to and from my car for work.
I’ver been dealing with Sciatica on and off for over 15 years due to a blown out disc at L4-L5. Your experience seems a bit mild in comparison and you’ve received some excellent advice. Get a program going, keep moving and hydrate! Tight hamstrings and glutes are frequently a major contributor related to lower back pain. Cannabis has saved me from being addicted to opioids, especially strong indica biased strains just before bed. NO fun brah, I hope you get some relief soon.

graywulf

I recommend at least trying sciatic nerve flossing. There's plenty of guides online, and it's quick and easy to do. I noticed an improvement in just a few days. Just take care that you're moving the nerve through the sheath, and not just stretching it from both ends (which would end up increasing irritation).

graywulf,
Reactions: CarolKing

CarolKing

Singer of songs and a vapor connoisseur
I’ve been going to the chiropractor for years. I suffer from a couple degenerated discs which causes my sciatica to flair up. Just going through a flair up now. Went to my guy Friday and feel a lot better along with my strawberry banana
distillate in my vape. I have an appointment later in the week as well. He also gives a handout of yoga excercises.

The couch does aggregate the problem. A hard chair works better, maybe a favorite recliner. Get going don’t sit too much.

CarolKing,

ginolicious

I haven’t had the problem since I posted. Thank god. I was doing the typical stretch. I had 2 days of hell. Now I seem to be fine. Just other pains occurring elsewhere lol.

ginolicious,
Top Bottom