Rock & Roll Hall of Fame Nominees...

lwien

So I tried to post up a poll but it didn't allow me to put up all of the nominees so I guess I'll ask it here. The following are the 2014 nominees. Pick one whom you would like to see inducted and state why. One thing to keep in mind though. Rather than pick your favorite band or artist, pick the one who you think has contributed the most to the genre.

The Paul Butterfield Blues Band
Nine Inch Nails
The Marvelettes
Karaftwerk
Sting
Green Day
Chic
N.W.A
Joan Jett and the BlackHearts
Lou Reed
The Smiths
The Spinners
Stevie Ray Vaughn
War
Bill Withers

Now I know that some of you may think that the whole Rock and Roll Hall of Fame thing is bogus and a joke, but nonetheless, I thought that this may be an interesting thread so pick one goddamnit. ;)

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
Stevie Ray Vaughan. He deserves to get in because he got me introduced to the Blues.

(Fast forward to 7:30 for his signature move.)

Amazing guitarist and a pioneer of Blues with a rock edge. :rip:

:peace:

Last edited:

mestizo

Another vote for SRV.
Not only he played several genres of music, but he was great at all of them.
He left this world too soon.
I remember listening to Jim Ladd on 95.5 KLOS one night, and he had this nightly contest where two musicians with the same letter at the start of their last name where competing to see who will get a playing time set, SRV broke the record for most votes ever.

Radio

stay true to yourselves
yearzero.jpg

Last edited:

Radio

stay true to yourselves
Please don't pick something that's not on that list. If people do that, it will make this thread worthless.
Amended!

My vote is divided between NIN and The Smiths. I listened to a lot more of NIN, but I know The Smiths have a comprehensive collection of classics..

Ultimately I'm swaying towards NIN for their ability to keep the music coming consistently and with the same furiosity and HUNGER FOR ROCK that was first dawned upon the world in Pretty hate machine

Lou Reed for sure! Sting? fuck that guy (sorry wrong thread). I love NWA but rock and roll? Maybe I guess. I thought they had a punk attitude but hard to see how they relate to rock and roll.

I read earlier this week that Morrissey has cancer.

Last edited:
Top Bottom