revisting a vaporizer after 12 years..want the BEST for flavor!

Rebel4Liberty

OK, well years ago (97-98) when vaporizers started to appear in head shops. I bought one, it was made by Graffix, glass ball dome with a center brass stem, crappy plastic tubing. I wanted to like it, but could not get past the the "roasted coffee bean" flavor. I don't like coffee and don't care for my bud to taste that way :p So I just abandoned the idea of vapor since there was no flavor of the actual bud. I have followed others on and off, the last one that I heard Vriptech at an expensive price then. Its cheap compared to now. So it looks to me since I first tried vapor a lot of advancements have been made, but not about to plunk down 200-500+ to not get what I am looking for in a vaporizer. :rolleyes:

The 2 most important things for me are #1 FLAVOR, full flavor and no crap coffee burnt aftertaste #2 I want to be able to feel the hit, not this weak cool mist you can hardly tell if you got any or not. I came across the SuperVapezilla which has been reported to be the best for flavor, but then I come across a youtube referencing this site and this Supervapezilla is garbage. OK so I am looking to quit spending 130 for backwoods blunts a month and get back on the vapor, so as long as its not burnt weak ass mist, and I can taste the actual bud and feel that vapor like you have a normal hit. So which vaporizer is the one for me based on my criteria? Is the extreme Volcano worth that sticker shock, and will give me the full flavor I desire and feel the vapor? Please help me find the one for my needs, so I can start to save my lungs. I'm getting tired of choking on yucky phlem all the time:

Rebel4Liberty,

aero18

vaporist
Sounds like a Da Buddha is the right match for you. You can find one for 145 dollars shipped (using a 10 percent coupon found online), in black, with a few accessories like a grinder and a hemp carrying bag. You get very rich big hits with it.

aero18,

Beezleb

Look into a vrip wand vaporizer. You will need a glass piece like a bong or you can order one from vrip I believe.

Beezleb,

Rebel4Liberty

Beezlb, I watched those videos. VERY helpful in determining what type is suited for your needs. OK I know I want a direct draw, hands free. Basically I have it narrowed down to Da Buddah or SSV. I'm leaning more towards the SSV, but looking at the ice chambers for it, there are hardly none. Now I did see one I liked with DBH, but I have no idea if an ice chamber for DBH is compatible with SSV....

Also I used to have the BEST dammed water pipe, the beast PHX trinity and now I am just thinking about getting that again, but am I going to need certain pieces or will it work with what comes standard with the SSV. If I can get a PHX trinity and hook that up to an SSV, I think that would be the ultimate for vaping. Not that expensive too, considering I plunk down 130 a mo in backwoods x 12 = 1560. So definitely save some money even buying both. Let me know what I need to hook up a PHX to an SSV, if anyone can tell me. Thanks a lot and cant wait to be a member of the vapor club :D

Rebel4Liberty,

Beezleb

The SSV and DBV are great. I own and use a DBV and want for no other. Contact Tolkin about the adapter for your bong as he sells SSV and DBV's. I am sure he can help you.

http://www.tokinsvapes.com/

Beezleb,

daninator

The vape you describe isn't even a true vaporizer. My friend used to have one, very ineffective.

I suggest browsing the forums for something you like, took me 2-3 weeks of research to decide on the Extreme and I haven't looked back.

daninator,

Rebel4Liberty

Thanks everyone for the help. My set up is going to be a SSV whip hooked to a 20" Hi Si two U percolator :D Cost : 649.00 :o I can't wait to savor the flavor with that cleaner buzz. I'm also dieing to see how much my consumption is going to go down. Will give my thoughts and impression when it arrives and I hope to give a different one than when I tired it eons ago lol

Rebel4Liberty,

niall

I've not tried any of those except for the earlier model VWT and Valloon from Vriptech. I reckon it would be a tossup between their new heat wand and the Volcano, maximum flavour in my opinion comes from accurate, repeatable and fine-grained control of temperature. If those other models can maintain consistent temps to +- 1-3 degrees, and they're GonG or stainless in the air stream, then you're probably getting the best flavour possible and the only remaining variable will be the quality of your cannabis. IMHO.

niall,

Rebel4Liberty

Well it just came. I am impressed by the design! It is fantastic looking! However, it sorta has the same flavor I remember. Maybe I need to get used to vaping. And I know how to vape, but not really getting any kind of thick vapor hit. I don't have the hands free attachment, so not sure how long you need to hold it on to get your milk... The buzz on the other hand is much cleaner and after about 10 mins a fit of laughter came over me. Its definitely a spacier high than smoking. Flavor, to me seems to be more in smoke t than the vape. Maybe hooking up to the Hi SI (when I get it, that hasn't come yet) will make the vape taste better. Is it hot air I might tasting? Its not terrible, but still "roasted" after taste I am not really diggin. Nevertheless I still like it a lot better than it used to be :cool: Are there ways to diminish that roasted after taste?? Once I get this worked out I'll be converted. If not I still smoke some but mostly vape to save my health and for a cleaner high

Rebel4Liberty,

Yukon Cornelius

If you're dissatisfied with the taste, try using different bud or try turning down the temp on the SSV.

I'd recommend watching tokinGLX's youtube channel. He has several videos of him demonstrating how to use and get the most out of your SSV, which is his preferred vape I believe.

http://www.youtube.com/user/tokinGLX#p/p

Yukon Cornelius,

Rebel4Liberty

UPDATE : Well I must say I think it takes time to get used to using a vape. This one I do like a lot, once you find the right setting (between 3 and 4 o clock) you can get thick vapor hits I have been quite pleased with. The flavor of vape is just odd to me, and I know its vape even when smoking, you just slightly touch a fresh bowl and your pull gets some vape. I will say the quality of vape is 10x better than it used to be, less coffee roasted aftertaste, but still a sensitive palate can detect the roasted vape. It is much cooler through my Hi Si and I am seeing this takes time to get used to the taste of vape vs smoke, however can't say I don't want to smoke since it is different, but I've decided its healthier to mostly vape. You can also tell when you vape and then smoke. it does seem a bit harsher, but not to the point of being nasty. The one thing I dread about vaping is getting it too brown/blackish and it combusts to that icky burned material and you see the that ugly milk flowing..ugh :p But I guess you have to learn when the plant matter gets dark brown and cash it before that happens, other than that, I have become fond of vaping :D

Rebel4Liberty,

Qbit

cannabanana
Rebel4Liberty said:
UPDATE : Well I must say I think it takes time to get used to using a vape. This one I do like a lot, once you find the right setting (between 3 and 4 o clock) you can get thick vapor hits I have been quite pleased with. The flavor of vape is just odd to me, and I know its vape even when smoking, you just slightly touch a fresh bowl and your pull gets some vape. I will say the quality of vape is 10x better than it used to be, less coffee roasted aftertaste, but still a sensitive palate can detect the roasted vape. It is much cooler through my Hi Si and I am seeing this takes time to get used to the taste of vape vs smoke, however can't say I don't want to smoke since it is different, but I've decided its healthier to mostly vape. You can also tell when you vape and then smoke. it does seem a bit harsher, but not to the point of being nasty. The one thing I dread about vaping is getting it too brown/blackish and it combusts to that icky burned material and you see the that ugly milk flowing..ugh :p But I guess you have to learn when the plant matter gets dark brown and cash it before that happens, other than that, I have become fond of vaping :D
Your weed doesn't need to get darker than medium brown. Some don't even brown their weed at all.

And don't worry if it combusts. It won't be any worse for you than when you smoke intentionally - though it'd certainly be telling you that you've got your vape turned up way too high.

Qbit,
Top Bottom