Revisiting the water cure

AGBeer

Lost in Thought
Many years ago, I had heard of the 'water cure' method to quickly cure fresh cut buds to make them 'smoke ready' without the tedious drying and curing process that comes upon harvest.

I decided to try this with a bag of 'dirt weed' to see if it would improve the end product (I posted it here way back in the day) and I was genuinely surprised by the results. It took harsh dirt weed and made it smooth as silk. (And stoney AF - with no discernable taste)

FFWD to my edible concoctions. Most if not all of my edibles had to be 'masked' with mint-choco-chips or something similar as the familiar cannabis taste was always prevalent. Didn't matter if it was fresh or ABV...

Enter - the water cure. I started with a french press (coffee maker) and packed my material in then covered it with distilled water and kept it submerged.
24 hours later the water is poured off and refreshed with fresh water. The process is repeated daily for ~1 week or until the water begins to run clear. (And the first few days the water does stink)

Once your water runs clear, (what I did) was sandwich the material between 2 coffee filters, tape them together thoroughly, and tape that to a slow running fan. Once they have dried, they are ready to cook with, vape with, or even smoke with. (Whatever trips your trigger)

Regardless of your method, you should notice that the smell and taste are greatly (if not completely) diminished.

Hope this helps someone!
Happy cooking!

Last edited:

Ramahs

Fucking Combustion (mostly) Since February 2017
Yeah...that's the problem if you are vaping the product. The smell and taste that we enjoy have been ruined.

Though, for edibles it's great!

Top Bottom