Replacing Crafty

Polarbearboy

Tokin' Away Since 1968
My Crafty is giving me the dreaded blue/red flashing lights. I've tried just about every suggestion to no avail. I've used it quite a lot, especially for four-season outdoor recreational activities like hiking, biking, xc skiing, snowshoeing, etc. Beyond its reliability and the dosing caps, which are essential to my outdoor usage in the windy cold places that fascinate me, my primary reason for preferring it over other vapes are the cooling/moderating of the vapor, essential to this 73yr old ex smoker of cigs and weed.

So my question: Before I pull the trigger on a Crafty +, are there other portable vapes that I should consider, vapor cooling and wild places/wild weather friendly being priorities?

vapviking

Old & In the Way
So interesting, that so many new vapes have come along and yet Crafty is still a front runner. Some for sure are giving better flavor (convection vapes) and some are much less expensive with some similarities to Crafty.
It seems you are very happy with the way Crafty delivers (the cooling, the caps, reliability, etc.) so I see not much reason to sway you otherwise. Crafty+ is full of 'improvements', they say.

These days I think lots of folks could use a convection vape in the arsenal. If you don't have one, maybe pick up something inexpensive to try out -- maybe even before you go ahead with the Cratfy+.
I like the VLeaf Go and have been closely watching a new one, XMax V3Pro.

Zipford

I hesitate to write this, because I'm new to vaping and I realize the Crafty/Mighty are often considered among the best dry herb vapes. And I only have and have used one dry herb vape: the Fury Edge. That said, the Edge seems to fit your criteria (rugged, uses dosing capsules) for $100 cheaper, and seems quite a bit smaller than the Crafty. In my personal view, where discretion is a key factor, portable means you can walk around with it in your pocket all day long. The Crafty looks like something I'd only want to carry in a backpack, not my pocket (and that may be fine for your purposes).

Something like the VLeaf Go suggested by vapviking probably makes more sense to take a flyer on (it is even less expensive than the Edge), but thought I'd put the Edge out there too.

Polarbearboy

Tokin' Away Since 1968
I've got and really enjoyed a HR Fury2, just over four years old and still heating up almost miraculously quick, though the screen has become hard to see. But these days I can only use it through water, given sensitive lungs. It had been my outdoor rec buddy #1, but the Crafty is easier on ye old lungs, at least in this old dude's experience. At home these days I'm a 100% water guy, using my big double perc bubbler or SneakyPete Globe. Haven't met a portable water tool that I can use on my bike or in the edgy windy places that I'm drawn to. The Crafty does fit into the little chest pocket on my wind jacket.

This makes me realize that the primary reason I like the Crafty is the cooling system. So many vapes you're inhaling only a short distance from the heating chamber. I'm old and an ex smoker, and find I need cooling above all else. So really what I really should be asking: Is there any portable vape that has cooling comparable to the Crafty/Mighty duo?

b0

Cloudy...
I hesitate to write this, because I'm new to vaping and I realize the Crafty/Mighty are often considered among the best dry herb vapes. And I only have and have used one dry herb vape: the Fury Edge. That said, the Edge seems to fit your criteria (rugged, uses dosing capsules) for $100 cheaper, and seems quite a bit smaller than the Crafty. In my personal view, where discretion is a key factor, portable means you can walk around with it in your pocket all day long. The Crafty looks like something I'd only want to carry in a backpack, not my pocket (and that may be fine for your purposes).

Something like the VLeaf Go suggested by vapviking probably makes more sense to take a flyer on (it is even less expensive than the Edge), but thought I'd put the Edge out there too.

Both those vapes are a lot harsher (especially the Go) than a Crafty+ (I've tried the 3 of em) and trigger my asthma easily.

OP after years of vaping, trying multiple devices and owning a Crafty+ for the last month, I would get a Crafty+. Easy to use, convenient, smooth draw, easy to share with friends... It's my out and about vape and kind of regreting I didn't buy one earlier.

johnrecon12

Crafty plus has a better battery, heats up a bit quicker and IMHO is worthwhile in terms of convenience, cooling etc.

johnrecon12,
Reactions: b0

curr

I just fixed mine. It was not charging and flashing blue and red. I opened the crafty vape up and disconnected and reconnected the thermal fuse connector to the circuit board. This is the part that is attached to the battery. (Not the black and red cable). This is the connector next to the micro usb connector. It just pulls out and inserts back in. I guess it just needed to be re-seated.

darbarikanada

I've had a mighty (pretty much identical to a crafty) for about 7 years. if it died tomorrow I'd get another one. there's absolutely nothing about it that makes me think I need something different.

darbarikanada,

PeteyS

I would probably get the planet of the vapes "one".
You can get it on sale for 100 bucks and seems to hit just as hard as the crafty+.
You can spend the extra hundred on flower.

PeteyS,
Top Bottom