refilling 510 carts

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
Ha, yeah, I mean they weren't like Taxachusetts crazy at $45 ea ($40 ea for 5+), but they're kinda too good, if you know what I mean... too tolerance destroying-ly easy... even after all these years, starting when I first got somewhat serious about growing in my early 20's (in the late 80's), I still enjoy getting intimate with flower and the ritual it's consumption is, or can be, or even the more modern "science project" dabbing can be.... I miss that with carts, as it's simply more "injection"-like, even with quality flower-like material....

Damn $45 each? That’s pretty solid, would cost around double that here in California and we’ve had a medical program since the 90’s. Last time I got rosin carts they were around $80/.5g for Blue River. Awesome stuff but too expensive for me to use all the time. It’s funny though, when I got back into cartridges I realized I could actually make a half gram cart last longer than a gram of dabbables, they are very efficient when metered appropriately.

I still love my flower but I just think these pens are the best true microdose option around, sometimes I like vape a bowl and finish with a flavor hit off the pen!

shredder

Damn $45 each? That’s pretty solid, would cost around double that here in California and we’ve had a medical program since the 90’s. Last time I got rosin carts they were around $80/.5g for Blue River. Awesome stuff but too expensive for me to use all the time. It’s funny though, when I got back into cartridges I realized I could actually make a half gram cart last longer than a gram of dabbables, they are very efficient when metered appropriately.

I still love my flower but I just think these pens are the best true microdose option around, sometimes I like vape a bowl and finish with a flavor hit off the pen!

I have all but one of my original carts I've bought. I keep buying batteries for my carts. I have 5 now, and I'm finding it hard to use them all up.

But again I mostly use edibles, but it's nice to have a little taste of the sticky icky once in a while.

First time since covid we had friends over for a campfire. Kinda different with no passing gear around. Sign of the times I guess. We had smokers, weed vapors, and carts.

Bologna

(zombie) Woof.

Many don't know this, but Maine 'decrimmed' personal possession in '76, and it's med program wasn't far behind CA ('96) when it started in '99... people tend to overlook one of the poorest states (15th) in the union, but they have some wacky shit going on up there, and a lot of really cool, very smart and outspoken core "players."

I agree with all the rest... :tup: it just takes a lil discipline...!:dog::razz::smug::peace:

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
I have all but one of my original carts I've bought. I keep buying batteries for my carts. I have 5 now, and I'm finding it hard to use them all up.

But again I mostly use edibles, but it's nice to have a little taste of the sticky icky once in a while.

First time since covid we had friends over for a campfire. Kinda different with no passing gear around. Sign of the times I guess. We had smokers, weed vapors, and carts.

Yeah the battery life is excellent with the pens, takes a long while to drain, especially with less frequent usage, they last forever! I used to have a bunch of batteries but i've pretty much given them all away, but now it seems like mine need to be replaced lol. Let a buddy borrow my Pro and it came back with oil leaked under all the electronics lol 🤔

Many don't know this, but Maine 'decrimmed' personal possession in '76, and it's med program wasn't far behind CA ('96) when it started in '99... people tend to overlook one of the poorest states (15th) in the union, but they have some wacky shit going on up there, and a lot of really cool, very smart and outspoken core "players."

I agree with all the rest... :tup: it just takes a lil discipline...!:dog::razz::smug::peace:

That's what's up for sure!

Re: discipline - The Pax Era had an option in the app where you could "lock" the battery, like a car door. Was kinda fun lol, they also had session control in the app which would approximate a metered dose, so you could set it to say, microdose, and it would just give you 2 seconds of vapor. Really cool vape, I liked it more than 510 carts but the pod selection is more expensive which hurt it. 1 gram in a ccell versus half a gram in a more expensive pod is a tough sell, even with the cool oil-saving features.

RustyOldNail

SEARCH for the treasure...
Well, received the tiny NANO+ (plus is latest version). These like most, are Chinese products that can be bought in large lots, probably less then $5/each. You can have your brand printed on it. It has a rubberized black finish, didn’t find other color choices. The button is the only moving part, and is cheap and feels mushy, and might be the first thing to fail, but working so for.

The one I bought was from the hippiepipe website (see link below), for $20. I’ve seen the identical rebranded device selling for $39.00.

This is the latest “+” version, and now has 4 voltage settings.

The device has an internal LIPO rated for 500mAh, but my tests results were 480mAh, which is very close. Charge current is approximately .4 amps.

The lowest setting would be the highest setting on my PKCT-2 battery. I’ve only had one brand cart that was thick enough to require the two highest settings. You don’t get the low 2.0 volt settings as found on the YOCAN Pro & Twist, or PKCT-2. There is a preheat function (don’t know the low voltage). 10 second draw cutoff.

From what I understand, the previous version had 3 voltage settings, and was a screw-in 510 thread only. This newer model, is magnet ONLY, using one of the two identical included adapters.

I’m still not 100% sure how all my tiny cartridge batteries regulate the voltage. You can’t expect to get 4.2 volts continuously without an onboard BOOST converter. These devices aren’t “unregulated”, like a mechanical mode, but I’ve noticed the output much lower as the battery nears empty. NO low battery warning on this one, will flash RED LIGHT 15 times when battery needs to recharge.

USAGE:

While the magnet only connection is good for a fast cart swap, as well as removing quick and easy for storage, there are some drawbacks. You have to be careful when holding to fire the device, as pressing anywhere on the EXPOSED cart, will cause it to TILT, and not make the electrical connection. The cart does not fall out, as the adapter is deep enough in the device, and the magnet is good. A screw in 510, would not have this issue, but a glass cart could crack in your pocket. Once AWARE that you avoid touching the cart when vaping, you can actually look down and see a piece of the LED light while vaping, just don’t cover the entire button. You can then see the 10 second cutoff, with FLASHING LED’s.

It is the smallest cart battery I’ve seen so far, and it’s IMPRESSIVE they packed in close to 500mAh of-runtime. I’ll buy another one, as it’s so small, it will eventually be lost....

Thought I’d add a picture showing scale. I haven’t seen anything smaller. Works well.

BECD55E3-46E4-48B8-B418-E582DD81D685.jpeg

Cheesequake

Free Men Don't Ask
I've been using D8 distillate which is extremely thick at room temp, and hard to use even when heated up. Went through a lot of different carts looking for one that wouldn't clog until I saw a reddit post mentioning 760glass carts. so far I've been through 4 grams in 1 cart with 0 clogs or loss of air flow. They look pretty neat too.

RustyOldNail

SEARCH for the treasure...
I've been using D8 distillate which is extremely thick at room temp, and hard to use even when heated up. Went through a lot of different carts looking for one that wouldn't clog until I saw a reddit post mentioning 760glass carts. so far I've been through 4 grams in 1 cart with 0 clogs or loss of air flow. They look pretty neat too.

OK, I’ll play... WHAT CART did you try from that site?

You are allowed to post links:

Last edited:
RustyOldNail,
Reactions: Bologna

PPN

Volute of Vapor
Hi, how do you like Delta8 distillate? I got a few and I'm very surprised by the consistency. It's slightly harsher than I thought when I compare with a classic thc cart.

PPN,

Cheesequake

Free Men Don't Ask
Hi, how do you like Delta8 distillate? I got a few and I'm very surprised by the consistency. It's slightly harsher than I thought when I compare with a classic thc cart.
It's definitely more harsh than d9 until you get used to it, kind of like d9 is when you're not used to it. I really enjoy it though. Cheap as dirt and gives me 95% of the effects I get from d9. Just gotta make sure you get some good terps to mix in. Got a gram of THCo I plan on trying today but that stuff is a little more questionable than D8.

Cheesequake,

MolecularConcept

I've started messing with carts myself and also have come to the same point. So ate you guys buying terps from the dispensary too? Or like online terps?

I just tossed a bunch of empty carts. Now they are all press-on tops, I'm wishing i hadn't done that.

I love the stealth and sleekness of pods but you can never get everything out of them!

shredder

So ate you guys buying terps from the dispensary too? Or like online terps?

I bought on online. Our local dispensaries do not sell terps. And distillate costs the same as full spectrum around here. My feco and rosin filled carts weren't great.

Unless I get better at filling my own carts, I'll just buy them. I may take 5-6 hits a day, I mostly use edibles these days.

Btw terpenes work on well in edibles I'm finding.

MolecularConcept

I ordered some apple Jack's terps a few ccell carts gonna try filling my own. I'm convinced I'm being ripped off. 40- 60 fo a half gram cart is laughable. Delta pods go for up to 110 a gram lol crazy.

I'm not sure if I'm gonna need a diluent or anything else. Wish I had my old hotplates, maybe I'll find a chap one. Maybe use a mug warmer for mixing but it won't get hot enough for decarbing if I try to use any other concentrates.

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
If you need to add terps the starting material is already less than ideal for producing a quality cartridge. In fact using clean material that leaves minimal residue is probably more important than terpene content for cartridges.

scy123

Trusted Member Don't Worry
A month ago it was $50 a gram for distillate. I checked online last night and it's now $38 something. I'm in Michigan.

Not in the US, but Canada, the most reputable distillate retailer I found (old information btw) I was able to get 28g for $420, but have to be bought in bulk.

Distillate is actually very cheap to produce is all I'm gonna say.

It's even shipped to my door free of cost. I am not sure if this is allowed, but google Distillate Direct.

Edit - $420cad btw, so it's $340usd so $12usd a gram.

Someone is making bank off you guys lmao

Last edited:
scy123,
Reactions: shredder

Bologna

(zombie) Woof.
Btw terpenes work on well in edibles I'm finding.
Yeah, most are labeled as "food grade", so it makes sense they'd be good with edibles... it doesn't seem to be the case with vaping tho... wish there was a "vape grade" for non-cannabis derived terps, but I don't think we'll ever see that. Unless you're lucky enough to live where you can buy the real ones, but they're so expensive, and with tasty "additive-free" pre-made rosin and resin carts readily available, it's not worth the effort, and to do what, really, mix it with crappy over-priced disty or shatter....? To me, regular rosin isn't even really even worth it, unless you grow or have a super cheap supplier, let alone making carts and the waste involved. Even the big boys with expensive equipment can't make distillate carts with "botanical" terps taste all that good, so I doubt I ever could at home...

The fact that distillate is marketed as a premium product (usually in new legal states) is a JOKE as it's mostly comprised of crap/trim not saleable as bud or quality concentrate. The only thing good about it is that it's decarbed and ready to administer orally.... or whatever... :uhoh::rolleyes:

Last edited:
Top Bottom