recommendations for small batch infuser.

jeffp

psychonaut/retired
I have a MBM2 which is great but there's the one ounce minimum.
In the past I've mixed bud with either damiana or CBD flower to reach the minimum.
These days I use the MBM for CBD infused oil to use for edibles, which I recommend.
But I'd like an appliance that reliably infuses with a minimum of half ounce or less.
I've tried infusing in the Ardent Nova, I even have their infusion sleeve - it's ok but not mind blowing.
I had bought a Levo 1 but it malfunctioned after the first go round and customer service was non existent so I returned it to Amazon.

So I'm requesting a recommendation based on your experience.
Thanks alot...

Sour Dream

Blue Dream enthusiast
I was interested in seeing any recommendations but I guess you tried all the most popular ones or people must not have any

Sour Dream,

jeffp

psychonaut/retired
I'm sure they do and will but in the meantime I ordered a used Bialetti 6 cup espresso stovetop maker to experiment with.

Sour Dream

Blue Dream enthusiast
I'm sure they do and will but in the meantime I ordered a used Bialetti 6 cup espresso stovetop maker to experiment with.
im interested in seeing how you like it I hope you report back It looks interesting

Sour Dream,
Reactions: jeffp

damm

I picked up an Anova Sous Vide and used that for my infusions. Small mason jar and using rosin, and it works great. My only complaint is how long it takes to decarb.

Maybe the upshot is I know I lose terps but decarbing at 185 vs. 250 but maybe not as much.

jeffp

psychonaut/retired
Yeah, at some point I'll experiment with one. I've been browsing the Sous Vide options for that purpose.
I have a Nova decarber so that end is well covered.
Infusing with the espresso maker will be interesting and hopefully provide a good infusion.
I'll post my findings when it gets here.

shredder

I've tried infusing in the Ardent Nova, I even have their infusion sleeve - it's ok but not mind blowing.

Could you explain further?

I mostly use concentrates so infusing for me is just to heat and stir until it's mixed well. I do that with a coffee warmer. When I infuse herb I use my nova fx. I use a nut bag and a potato ricer to strain off the herb.

Im surprised at your comment, and curious why you feel that way. Is you nova too small? Doesn't work well?

jeffp

psychonaut/retired
Could you explain further?

I mostly use concentrates so infusing for me is just to heat and stir until it's mixed well. I do that with a coffee warmer. When I infuse herb I use my nova fx. I use a nut bag and a potato ricer to strain off the herb.

Im surprised at your comment, and curious why you feel that way. Is you nova too small? Doesn't work well?

I would love to say that I've gotten strong infusions with the Nova, it just hasn't happened for me.
Some people report good results, others do not.
I also use a potato ricer with cheesecloth but a nut bag sounds like an upgrade.

jeffp

psychonaut/retired
I picked up an Anova Sous Vide and used that for my infusions. Small mason jar and using rosin, and it works great. My only complaint is how long it takes to decarb.

Maybe the upshot is I know I lose terps but decarbing at 185 vs. 250 but maybe not as much.

I picked up a used Anova Sous Vide to experiment with, and made a small batch infusion of one half cup ABV with a half cup of coconut oil and sunflower lecithin. The results were mind blowing, the sous vide provided a very even slow and thorough infusion, maybe the best I've ever achieved. I also used a mason jar. After I stirred the ABV, oil and lecithin together I filled the mason jar with filtered water to stop it from floating. For added stability I placed a paperweight on top of the jar. The jar was only tightened slightly. I ran it at 185 for 4 hours and then let it cool overnight before removing the jar. Then I strained it, little by little, with a potato ricer and double coffee filters. I then placed the oil with water in the fridge to allow the oil to solidify. After it solidified I cut a piece of the oil on top allowing me to pour out the water, leaving only the oil.

It was recommend to me in a different thread that I should try infusing for longer, 6 maybe 8 hours.
Perhaps next time.

The results were incredible. I made a batch of organic cacao brownies with coconut flour, coconut sugar, vanilla extract, two eggs, a little baking soda. Within two hours after eating a small sample brownie I was ready to float through the keyhole...

This is a truly amazing way to infuse, I recommend it enthusiastically to anyone.
It's so simple and it's a kitchen appliance that we can use for so many other things.
I have a MBM and it's great for larger infusions and I use it to infuse CBD flower, an ounce at a time, so I'll keep it for that.
But for smaller batch infusions that are just as smell proof the sous vide method is the best I've tried.
It's the best 60 dollars that I've ever spent at facebook marketplace.

My question is, regarding the sous vide method, when I infuse fresh decarbed shake next go round, should the bud be ground, loosely ground, or just pulled apart?

Thanks...

Sour Dream

Blue Dream enthusiast
I picked up a used Anova Sous Vide to experiment with, and made a small batch infusion of one half cup ABV with a half cup of coconut oil and sunflower lecithin. The results were mind blowing, the sous vide provided a very even slow and thorough infusion, maybe the best I've ever achieved. I also used a mason jar. After I stirred the ABV, oil and lecithin together I filled the mason jar with filtered water to stop it from floating. For added stability I placed a paperweight on top of the jar. The jar was only tightened slightly. I ran it at 185 for 4 hours and then let it cool overnight before removing the jar. Then I strained it, little by little, with a potato ricer and double coffee filters. I then placed the oil with water in the fridge to allow the oil to solidify. After it solidified I cut a piece of the oil on top allowing me to pour out the water, leaving only the oil.

It was recommend to me in a different thread that I should try infusing for longer, 6 maybe 8 hours.
Perhaps next time.

The results were incredible. I made a batch of organic cacao brownies with coconut flour, coconut sugar, vanilla extract, two eggs, a little baking soda. Within two hours after eating a small sample brownie I was ready to float through the keyhole...

This is a truly amazing way to infuse, I recommend it enthusiastically to anyone.
It's so simple and it's a kitchen appliance that we can use for so many other things.
I have a MBM and it's great for larger infusions and I use it to infuse CBD flower, an ounce at a time, so I'll keep it for that.
But for smaller batch infusions that are just as smell proof the sous vide method is the best I've tried.

My question is, regarding the sous vide method, when I infuse fresh decarbed shake next go round, should the bud be ground, loosely ground, or just pulled apart?

Thanks...
That sounds dope ill have to look into that, never used one of those but I love new kitchen gadgets. I banned myself from buying more

Sour Dream,
Reactions: Cheebsy

jeffp

psychonaut/retired
That sounds dope ill have to look into that, never used one of those but I love new kitchen gadgets. I banned myself from buying more

I've tried numerous methods including a slow cooker with external temperature control, the frying pan on the stove, the infusion appliances, the stovetop expresso maker, the cold infusion method. The sous vide bests all of these and it's simple, clean and smell proof. All you need to do is occasionally add more water to the pot. There's always a dozen used ones for sale within reach, I say experiment and see how good it is.

Ramahs

Fucking Combustion (mostly) Since February 2017
If you are doing the water method and letting the jar cool, and then dumping out the water...try cooling it with the jar upside down. Then, after the oil has separated and cooled, you can just flip it over and dump the water.

damm

Perhaps next time.

Thanks...
I use only Rosin myself, but have you tried putting the herb flat into a bag, removing all the air and seal it, and letting it float in the water? Provided the bag isn't too thick, it should do a great job. Maybe even better than it decarbs Rosin.

jeffp

psychonaut/retired
the glass mason jar really works very well, a mid sized one, not large. i ordered some bags with a hand pump, I'm going to play around with what you're suggesting next go round. But as far as I can see, the only advantage of the bag is not having to remove water at the end... it will be an interesting experiment though to see if a more potent infusion happens.

macbill

Oh No! Mr macbill!!
Staff member
Top Bottom