Recommendation for Newbie with Low Tolerance and Baby Lungs

Hey friends!

I'm a newbie user with a super low tolerance and baby lungs. I'm looking for a portable for home use. I have little kids at home so need something easy where I can step outside, take a couple of hits, and return to an endless expanse of childcare.

My ideal vape would have:
  • Fast-ish to heat up
  • Cool vapor (for my baby lungs)
  • Good for small, infrequent hits
I've also gotten into home grow (friend gave me a super cool lighting/hydroponic setup), and had my first harvest...7oz dry from a single, very large plant! Gave 1/2 of it away and still have a ton of flower, with a second plant 1/2 way to maturity. So, I'm not as sensitive to wasting flower.

Right now I'm using a PAX Mini which is dead simple. I don't love the inability to adjust temp, and the conduction heating seems to nuke the flower even if I've only used a bit...tastes not amazing when I resume later in the day. I've been turning it off right after my hit which helps with the cooking.

Been orbiting around the Venty but it's large/conspicuous and seems like it's also not the best for small sessions unless I turn it off right away like the PAX Mini. Tinymight 2 looks great (convection might be a better fit?), which I'd pair with a longer glass stem to help with cooling.

Thanks for the help!

Photonic

Lesser-Known Lurker
My ideal vape would have:
  • Fast-ish to heat up
  • Cool vapor (for my baby lungs)
  • Good for small, infrequent hits
Tinymight 2 looks great (convection might be a better fit?), which I'd pair with a longer glass stem to help with cooling.
TM2 sounds like a great fit. Small, fast hits are easy to pull off, and with the right aftermarket stem, they can be relatively cool too.

Good luck!

BreadStick

The AirVape legacy pro has an on demand mode that's pretty quick to heat up. It's up there for flavour and has a good dosing pod system which could be handy for discretely changing bowls in the midst of the child care chaos. It's vapour is quite smooth in my opinion too.
If the spot you're stepping out into isn't too windy I think the Lotus would be another good choice. Cheaper than the electronic options and arguably better vapour once your technique is dialed in.
The TM2 is brilliant and would probably be the most practical option if you don't mind the price and potentially poor QC. I've never had any issues with my TM or TM2 but I see a good few posts of people having problems with their units.

The AirVape legacy pro has an on demand mode that's pretty quick to heat up. It's up there for flavour and has a good dosing pod system which could be handy for discretely changing bowls in the midst of the child care chaos. It's vapour is quite smooth in my opinion too.
If the spot you're stepping out into isn't too windy I think the Lotus would be another good choice. Cheaper than the electronic options and arguably better vapour once your technique is dialed in.
The TM2 is brilliant and would probably be the most practical option if you don't mind the price and potentially poor QC. I've never had any issues with my TM or TM2 but I see a good few posts of people having problems with their units.
Appreciate the response!

Butane torches terrify me so will stick with electronic options.

I’m seeing the QC issues for the TM2 but it seems relatively limited. Just need to make sure I buy from a shop that can honor warranty claims.

Speaking of which, where’d you recommend buying the TM2? Direct from Europe or from a U.S. retailer?

Thanks!

wintyfresh,

Kaptan

If you need the coolest, smoothest vapor, look no further than the Tafee Bowle. I also have a TM2, but the Tafee Bowle is definitely easier on the lungs as the stock stem incorporates a 90 degree bend. Both are extremely quick to get to temp, but the Bowle is slightly quicker - almost instant.

BreadStick

Appreciate the response!

Butane torches terrify me so will stick with electronic options.

I’m seeing the QC issues for the TM2 but it seems relatively limited. Just need to make sure I buy from a shop that can honor warranty claims.

Speaking of which, where’d you recommend buying the TM2? Direct from Europe or from a U.S. retailer?

Thanks!
I don't blame you a lot of us on this forum are probably a bit too desensitized to the fact we're waving around a Facey McFace melter in front of ourselves!

Yeah I'd imagine it is pretty rare to have QC problems, I've just seen enough people complaining them that I thought I'd mention it.

I bought mine from TM directly but I'm in the EU so it made sense for me. I always see people speak very highly about VGOODIEZ so I'd say they'll be a good choice, I can't imagine it's worth importing from Europe. I had a look at their website and they stock some nice stems too.

If you need the coolest, smoothest vapor, look no further than the Tafee Bowle. I also have a TM2, but the Tafee Bowle is definitely easier on the lungs as the stock stem incorporates a 90 degree bend. Both are extremely quick to get to temp, but the Bowle is slightly quicker - almost instant.
Oh wow this looks amazing.

I don’t really need it to be super portable, I just didn’t want a monster desktop unit. This seems like it could be perfect and also not shout “GIANT VAPE”.

Easy on the lungs is huge for me, since I’m a (marginally) competitive endurance athlete.

This may beat out the TM2! Gotta do some research.

I don't blame you a lot of us on this forum are probably a bit too desensitized to the fact we're waving around a Facey McFace melter in front of ourselves!

Yeah I'd imagine it is pretty rare to have QC problems, I've just seen enough people complaining them that I thought I'd mention it.

I bought mine from TM directly but I'm in the EU so it made sense for me. I always see people speak very highly about VGOODIEZ so I'd say they'll be a good choice, I can't imagine it's worth importing from Europe. I had a look at their website and they stock some nice stems too.
Whoah Facey McFace Melter is the name of my band! :)

wintyfresh,

jbm

Going to buy a Bowle II whenever / if ever it becomes available again.

Thinking to pick up a TM2 in the meantime.
You just missed the first limited release of the Bowle II. Hopefully they’ll have more in stock soon. It’s really a great device, and as you say, it doesn’t scream “giant vape.” It easily holds its own with the TM2.

You just missed the first limited release of the Bowle II. Hopefully they’ll have more in stock soon. It’s really a great device, and as you say, it doesn’t scream “giant vape.” It easily holds its own with the TM2.
I should probably exercise some tiny degree of patience and wait for the Bowle II to restock. Just emailed them and will hope for the best!

Will see if I get a Bowle before or after my recent grow is ready for harvest…guessing I’ve got 40-50 days left.

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
I should probably exercise some tiny degree of patience and wait for the Bowle II to restock. Just emailed them and will hope for the best!

Will see if I get a Bowle before or after my recent grow is ready for harvest…guessing I’ve got 40-50 days left.

Yeah I was going to suggest that as well, hopefully they will have more in stock soon since it only just launched, seems pretty ideal for your situation although I prefer TM more than my original bowle, I use it with right angle hook from Oregon glass blower and simple plain glass WPA with steel mesh basket screen or GVB stems like my favorite being the U-turn stem... I like having the full temp range dial so I can start super low and turn it up tiny bit by tiny bit for each hit to control the smoothness of the vapor, milk the flavor and effects... I think it is a bit more versatile than bowle, but bowle is a bit simpler with the limited temp and connection options, more all-in-one in a sense... Battery life problems improved so it is a solid option to have at home for your situation could be the best? Other one to look into could be firewood9 for the hybrid experience with more conduction, but on demand with removable chambers and full temp range, so much more enjoyable artisan experience compared to pax or venty imo

Yeah I was going to suggest that as well, hopefully they will have more in stock soon since it only just launched, seems pretty ideal for your situation although I prefer TM more than my original bowle, I use it with right angile hook from Oregon glass blower and simple plain glass WPA with steel mesh basket screen or GVB stems like my favorite being the U-turn stem... I like having the full temp range dial so I can start super low and turn it up tiny bit by tiny bit for each hit to control the smoothness of the vapor, milk the flavor and effects... I think it is a bit more versatile than bowle, but bowle is a bit simpler with the limited temp and connection options, more all-in-one in a sense... Battery life problems improved so it is a solid option to have at home for your situation could be the best? Other one to look into could be firewood9 for the hybrid experience with more conduction, but on demand with removable chambers and full temp range, so much more enjoyable artisan experience compared to pax or venty imo

I think I might be an ideal customer for the Bowle even though I'm not drinking artisanal lemon water while inhaling fresh lavender (wtf is that promo video on their website).

Love the idea of super cool, smooth vapor in something that doesn't scream "I AM USED TO CONSUME DRUGS".

And perhaps I'm in the minority here, and perhaps it's because I'm a super newbie who doesn't have a firm sense of what a vape should look like (or do), but I dig the cup.

jbm

And perhaps I'm in the minority here, and perhaps it's because I'm a super newbie who doesn't have a firm sense of what a vape should look like (or do), but I dig the cup.
Nah, I like it a lot for just this reason. Whenever I use it I’ve got cold water or seltzer in the cup, and it does cool the vapor further.

Top Bottom