Recipes (dinner, lunch, breakfast etc...)

daoist

I know we already have spacecake topics here but, maybe some regular recipes are nice also. What is your favorite recipe?
You can post it here or link a video of your favorite dish. I mostly cook my dinners in the wok So I will start with something simple that anyone should be able to make:

With the spaghetti aglio olio i usually add some chicken and mushroom to the garlic oil. disclaimer: That is not original, that is just my own little spin to it, so i hope i dont wake up to a horses head tomorrow.

Thats enough for now. Maybe tomorrow i add more recipes if people like it.

Last edited:

Buzzbomb Almighty

I smoked some salmon the other day. All the usual suspects; brown sugar, pickling salt, soy sauce, maple syrup, chili flake, and I basted it with diluted maple syrup a few times as well. After rinsing and patting it dry I left it on racks for about 2 hours to develop the pellicle. It could have used 3 hours, but came out really good anyway.
smoked salmon 1.jpg

smoked salmon 2.jpg

BrianTL

Westchester, NY
@Helios hook me up with the recipe for that lol

I can’t do much in a kitchen but I can work a smoker/grill “decently”

I did reverse sear this unreal ribeye a couple of weeks ago, came out awesome.

you can tell my lady isn’t home because my alpha is on the kitchen island and there’s no veggies on the plate. Just some steak, spicy sausage, and deli-bought Mac salad :lol:

16-C4-C662-C4-A3-4-E93-B00-C-ABB3-AC3-D0976.jpg

7-A7-AC91-E-3-E35-4-B55-940-E-1-CE8128-B9912.jpg

Helios

@Helios hook me up with the recipe for that lol

I can’t do much in a kitchen but I can work a smoker/grill “decently”

I did reverse sear this unreal ribeye a couple of weeks ago, came out awesome.

you can tell my lady isn’t home because my alpha is on the kitchen island and there’s no veggies on the plate. Just some steak, spicy sausage, and deli-bought Mac salad :lol:
which one? anytime:cheers:
looks like someone's got their eye on that prize! lol

Helios,
Reactions: BrianTL

BrianTL

Westchester, NY
which one? anytime:cheers:
looks like someone's got their eye on that prize! lol

That kitchen sink Frittata! And those down and dirty ribs you posted in the other thread if you dont mind!

Yeah he got some leftovers that night lol. Raw steak is the only thing he's ever stolen off the counter too, gotta watch him when I have that floating around.

BrianTL,
  • Love
Reactions: Helios
Carbonara- my favorite dish. For those who don't know: "Carbonara is a classic Italian pasta dish made with eggs, cheese, bacon or pancetta, and black pepper."
My personal way to cook Carbonara:
Ingredients:
  • 1 pound spaghetti
  • 4 large eggs
  • 1 cup grated parmesan cheese
  • 1/2 cup pancetta or bacon, diced
  • 2 cloves garlic, minced
  • Freshly ground black pepper
Instructions:
  1. Cook the spaghetti according to package instructions until al dente. Reserve 1 cup of pasta water.
  2. In a large bowl, whisk together the eggs, parmesan cheese, and a generous amount of black pepper.
  3. In a large skillet, cook the pancetta or bacon over medium heat until crispy. Add the garlic and cook for another minute.
  4. Drain the spaghetti and add it to the skillet with the pancetta mixture. Toss to combine.
  5. Remove the skillet from heat and pour the egg and cheese mixture over the pasta, tossing quickly to coat the pasta. If the pasta seems too dry, add a little of the reserved pasta water.
  6. Serve immediately, garnished with additional parmesan cheese and black pepper, if desired.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hannah Schubert,
Top Bottom