Rechargeable rcr123a batteries

Adobewan

Hi All,
I imagine this has been asked many times since the days of TVape.
I broke out my original Thermovape after many years and while I got some heat out of it, the batteries are nearly done.
Googled but having a heck of a time finding them.
Any suggestions where to find rechargeable rcr123a batteries would be appreciated.

RustyOldNail

SEARCH for the treasure...
Hi All,
I imagine this has been asked many times since the days of TVape.
I broke out my original Thermovape after many years and while I got some heat out of it, the batteries are nearly done.
Googled but having a heck of a time finding them.
Any suggestions where to find rechargeable rcr123a batteries would be appreciated.

I believe RCR123A batteries are usually 3.0 volts, rechargeable lithiums are 4.2 (3.7 nominal volts).

“The Lithium CR123A has become a popular power source due to its high-performance and compact size. Now you can save with these Lithium-Ion (Li-Ion) rechargeable versions of the CR123A. Li-Ion can give you higher voltage than the non-rechargeable CR123A's. While this might not work with all devices, many LED flashlights relish in the extra voltage and thank you with a brighter output.”

Adobewan

I believe RCR123A batteries are usually 3.0 volts, rechargeable lithiums are 4.2 (3.7 nominal volts).

“The Lithium CR123A has become a popular power source due to its high-performance and compact size. Now you can save with these Lithium-Ion (Li-Ion) rechargeable versions of the CR123A. Li-Ion can give you higher voltage than the non-rechargeable CR123A's. While this might not work with all devices, many LED flashlights relish in the extra voltage and thank you with a brighter output.”
Thank you @RustyOldNail

Adobewan,

Adobewan

I believe you're correct regarding 3v vs 3.7 v @RustyOldNail
I didn't realize the world of batteries was so deep.
My limited understanding is mAh indicates the storage capacity and length of charge, so I looked for the highest mAh. Surprisingly, the higher the mAh, the lower the cost, which gave me pause(arf, arf!).

An Olight 650mAh is $5.50
A Trustfire 880mAh is $3.75
A Titanium Innovations 1600mAh is $1.10

Guessing brand has something to do with it, but could someone drag me clear of my ignorance.

Adobewan,

RustyOldNail

I believe you're correct regarding 3v vs 3.7 v @RustyOldNail
I didn't realize the world of batteries was so deep.
My limited understanding is mAh indicates the storage capacity and length of charge, so I looked for the highest mAh. Surprisingly, the higher the mAh, the lower the cost, which gave me pause(arf, arf!).

An Olight 650mAh is $5.50
A Trustfire 880mAh is $3.75
A Titanium Innovations 1600mAh is $1.10

Guessing brand has something to do with it, but could someone drag me clear of my ignorance.

The first two are 3.7volt lithium batteries, the last one is a 3.0 volt NON-RECHARGEABLE, disposable.
If the device you are using was designed for 3.0 volts, a 3.7 volt rechargeable lithium, that comes off the charger at 4.2 volts could DAMAGE or DESTROY your device, and you need an external charger too. Better to stick with the 3.0 volt disposable ones if you are not sure. I have some flashlights that are designed to take both types. Good luck.

BTW: The site link in my sig is a good place to learn about all batteries.

RustyOldNail,

Adobewan

Yes, I see that now, thanks @RustyOldNail
I realized afterward that the third was non-rechargeable, but missed the .6 and .7 on the first two.
The search for the elusive, rechargeable, 3 volt rcr123a continues.

Adobewan,

maremaresing

They no longer exist. Tenergy used to make them, but stopped years ago. I really wish this wasn't the case, because I want to use my T1 so bad.

What you are looking for isn't lithium or lithium ion. You are looking for LiFePO4 3v rechargeable 16340 (or similar sizing). Be aware that even if you find one, it will have a protection circuit built in that will stop its use when it detects the loads the T1 requires.

Better to stick with the 3.0 volt disposable ones if you are not sure.

While these cells are great at taking high loads, don't you think it would explode in this application?

maremaresing,

RustyOldNail

While these cells are great at taking high loads, don't you think it would explode in this application?

I’m not familiar with the device, I assumed the device originally used disposable 3.0v batteries, and the OP wanted to switch to rechargeable batteries. I certainly would not use a 3.0 volt battery in a device that was designed for 4.2/3.8 volt lithiums.

Top Bottom