Recent Upgrade Changes

vtac

vapor junkie
Staff member
We've just upgraded to the newest version of our forum software. There are some cool features that we'll be rolling out soon including GIPHY integration into the post editor so you'll have the largest library of GIFs available when creating a post. Speaking of the post editor, it has been reworked and as you can see it looks a bit different. Some of the formatting options are moved around and have new icons. I'm sure you'll figure it out.

In your Account details settings you'll be able to add a Profile banner as well as request a username change.

Thanks for your patience with everything. :)

Last edited:

vtac

vapor junkie
Staff member
Thanks for the updates.
However (ikr) the round avatar window clips my near perfect ears, this makes me very sad. :(
I'd be happy to edit your photo so that they fit. :) Additionally you could add a big photo as your profile banner which is also shown in user cards - try hovering over/tapping my username.

GIPHY integration in now available. Just press the GIF icon in the post editor toolbar. Have fun. :D

Aww Smiles GIF

Summer

Long Island, NY
@vtac, with today's update, we lost the posting member's name in the bottom left corner of their post.

Also, when selecting FC Alt Font Style, the thread listings have defaulted back to yellow while the posts contained within a selected thread are still blue in color. May we have all blue back again? Much easier on the (my) eyes.

And, while I'm here, I had asked you moons ago to please add both confused & eye rolling reaction icons. How about it?

vtac

vapor junkie
Staff member
@Summer You don't miss a thing. :D

Thanks. The member name/post date should be good now. Are you still seeing the mix of theme colors? Please try hard refreshing with Ctrl+F5. The themes were updated and some of the old files may be cached for your browser.

And, while I'm here, I had asked you moons ago to please add both confused & eye rolling reaction icons. How about it?
Sorry if I didn't get back to you on that. Personally I like the idea of keeping the reaction options stock. In general that's sort of my philosophy with the forum software as it helps to streamline upgrades and avoid potential future headaches from incompatibilities due to modifications. Negative reactions are also something that may be best left alone to to help keep the peace. I think there was some discussion on that in another thread. Will see if I can find it. Edit https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/we-need-to-get-rid-of-the-thumbs-down-vote.49932/

vtac,
Reactions: JCat

Summer

Long Island, NY
@vtac, the member name/post date is fine now. On a phone, not on a computer, so restarted & the colors are fine.

I vividly remember the referenced thread. I assuredly will get back to you in due course.

Summer,

Abysmal Vapor

Supersniffer 2000 - robot fart detection device
@vtac Can we have the navigation bar different color in order to make it more visible,maybe add outlines ? (using FC and FC alt)

Abysmal Vapor,
Top Bottom