Recent "Law and Order" show and cannabis

Gunky

The other day I watched a new episode of "Law and Order". I don't know if any of you caught this? A man who had been imprisoned for some years for selling cannabis gets out of jail and works in a market of some sort. Some joker breaks the window late at night and the ex-con follows him, only to be beaten to death by the window breaker. They find the guy who is a well to do and privileged young man. His defense is: strong dabs made him have a psychotic episode and so he was made temporarily insane by the drug. Hmmmn.... The show had welcome bits such as where the two cops assure some informant that he needn't run just for holding some weed, things are different now. The suffering of the ex-con's daughter is highlighted. But it kind of left open the possibility that the psychotic episode business could be true. The implications of that are not good, actually. It's even faintly reminiscent of Reefer Madness. Smoking dabs creates scary psycho... The show does not really come down on one side or the other. Leaves open the possibility that this is standard rich, (bigoted?) young kid goes berserk and blames cannabis. So I had a very mixed response to this show. What do you think?

Last edited:

florduh

We love our copaganda, don't we folks?

Law and Order caters to white suburban people of a certain age who are scared shitless of cities. "Weed causes violent psychosis" isn't an uncommon belief in that group. It seems worse now than it was a few years ago.

Baboose1948

We love our copaganda, don't we folks?

Law and Order caters to white suburban people of a certain age who are scared shitless of cities. "Weed causes violent psychosis" isn't an uncommon belief in that group. It seems worse now than it was a few years ago.
There bread and butter has always been the suburban panics and when the internet became a thing, they went nuts.

Baboose1948,
Reactions: florduh

RxPlorer

and here's the why behind every plot line, every dialog, and every implication left up to viewer interpretation

8-DAC15-B6-FD65-4-A5-E-982-F-125735-E18004.png

38-BAB452-C369-40-ED-86-E9-34-A18-A3-FCC67.png

Last edited:
Top Bottom