Reboot on the Concentrate Experience

TommyDee

Vaporitor
No, I'm not making concentrates nor am I working on a concentrate gadget.
I am trying to see if there is a home for the Muad Dib Launch Box in my domain.

I really should have avoided my last outing for 'supplies'. I bought a bag of crap weed and my first extract to try. The flower is my new example of weed -not- to buy ever again! And the concentrate was purchased on a recommendation (the form of a crumbly/gewwy solid). To my taste buds, this stuff pretty much tasted like trying to vape plastic! The concentrate reeked to no end and so did the vape. Even went back to try it again a week later... nope - not havin' it!

So I explored a bit and decided to try the basics first. I settled on the closest thing to flower being live resin. Had a nice enough bud tender give me the lowdown and told me what not to buy. Got some upper shelf live resin and this is so much better on the taste buds and the lungs. The MD did well with it too using well worn cells for a mild vape. Very smooth tasty draws on a conservative load. And a proper buzz to boot. Okay, the MD stays :brow:

So I have a silly question - do you burn off every last pinch of live resin or is it even a good idea to 'clean the wick' so to speak toward the end by giving it a good hard burn. Seems to me that any remaining solids would come off as carbon which may be better avoided given the choice. Obviously I am now a concentrate novice :nod:

What is the next level up in this cool new concentrate game [VAS < :drool:]? I have a feeling I'll be avoiding things that require chemical separation if I can. When you have good peeps dying and getting seriously ill, and add to that not having experience with this stuff, keeps the caution level pretty darn high when it comes to 'that ain't right!'. Where does that leave my options?

kushkush

happy camper....
No, I'm not making concentrates nor am I working on a concentrate gadget.
I am trying to see if there is a home for the Muad Dib Launch Box in my domain.

I really should have avoided my last outing for 'supplies'. I bought a bag of crap weed and my first extract to try. The flower is my new example of weed -not- to buy ever again! And the concentrate was purchased on a recommendation (the form of a crumbly/gewwy solid). To my taste buds, this stuff pretty much tasted like trying to vape plastic! The concentrate reeked to no end and so did the vape. Even went back to try it again a week later... nope - not havin' it!

So I explored a bit and decided to try the basics first. I settled on the closest thing to flower being live resin. Had a nice enough bud tender give me the lowdown and told me what not to buy. Got some upper shelf live resin and this is so much better on the taste buds and the lungs. The MD did well with it too using well worn cells for a mild vape. Very smooth tasty draws on a conservative load. And a proper buzz to boot. Okay, the MD stays :brow:

So I have a silly question - do you burn off every last pinch of live resin or is it even a good idea to 'clean the wick' so to speak toward the end by giving it a good hard burn. Seems to me that any remaining solids would come off as carbon which may be better avoided given the choice. Obviously I am now a concentrate novice :nod:

What is the next level up in this cool new concentrate game [VAS < :drool:]? I have a feeling I'll be avoiding things that require chemical separation if I can. When you have good peeps dying and getting seriously ill, and add to that not having experience with this stuff, keeps the caution level pretty darn high when it comes to 'that ain't right!'. Where does that leave my options?

I have the Boundless Terp Pen and am wondering the same thing.I'd like to know how others vape theirs and burn off the concentrates on the coils... so bump 'er up.

FlyingLow

Team NO SLEEP!
I find Lives to be way more flavorful than flower, powerful flavor and I love them.

So long as you are exploring...
I find fresh rosin (not live resin) to be much more in line with Flower flavors and aroma. Give some a try, you may love it!

I gave up on using portable pens and atomizers for my concentrates, IMO they hardly do justice to the flavors in something beautiful like a Live Resin. I save all my live resin for my quartz and SiC. If you have the funds, I highly recommend a Rio by Stashe... you will NEVER want to use a pen again.

kushkush

happy camper....
I find Lives to be way more flavorful than flower, powerful flavor and I love them.

So long as you are exploring...
I find fresh rosin (not live resin) to be much more in line with Flower flavors and aroma. Give some a try, you may love it!

I gave up on using portable pens and atomizers for my concentrates, IMO they hardly do justice to the flavors in something beautiful like a Live Resin. I save all my live resin for my quartz and SiC. If you have the funds, I highly recommend a Rio by Stashe... you will NEVER want to use a pen again.

What's the difference betw fresh rosin and live resin?

And...that RIO by Stashe looks like way way way too much fun! Tell me about your experience using it.

kushkush,
Reactions: Madri-Gal

FlyingLow

Team NO SLEEP!
LOL I feel like I am giving the middle finger to my pens every time I use it! Brilliant for festivals as well.

To avoid confusion, and many persons unfamiliar with the differences do, Rosin is a solvent-less method of extraction. Nothing is needed but Heat and Pressure. Stick flower in, squish it at approx 170*, the concentrate that flows out is called Rosin. IMO Fresher product tends to press out a more desirable product.

Live Resin requires different process and equipment.

vapirtoo

The New York times had an article on concentrates, pens and quartz nails.
The dabbers had an acronym for passing out after a good hit. they called it,
"dabbed the fuck out or DTFO. The article was kind of informative and definitely
funny.

vapirtoo,
Reactions: Madri-Gal

Planck

believes in Dog

Bubble hash, that is my preference. :rockon:

Top Bottom