• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Read Vs. Unread Threads

FlyingLow

Team NO SLEEP!
Anyone else have difficulty telling the difference between Read and Unread threads?

Clearly, the extra bold text is unread, but I have really crappy eyes and can hardly tell the difference.

Rather than Bold Vs not bold text, is there a setting I might change that would fade out anything previously read.
Is there any setting I can change to make it more discernible?

Hippie

Yes and yes

Have you tried the New Posts button?
It's in the drop down from What's new and in the options bar after clicking on What's new
It should hide all the threads you've read and only display threads with new posts for you.

Hippie,

Summer

Long Island, NY
@vtac, this is the perfect time to ask for 1 of my 3 forum software requests. Please initiate the blue font on black background in all 3 font sizes that @pakalolo initiated on the NFC site. (The small font is the only size missing from both current available font styles & all sizes have their usage.) I did ask pak to make the change, but he said to ask you as FC was your baby. This canary yellow is visually uncomfortable; the blue is very relaxing on my eyes. (It's the 1st blue selection - Hex Color #54ACD2 or whatever blue the style provides.) I forgot what member initially asked pak for the color style to be included & can't find the post. And, yes, I am aware that you said the following when adding the white background per Exsmoker's request:
Just please keep in mind that these styles may not be around forever as future software updates may force changes.
And if they are not supported in the future, so be it. Thank you for any consideration.

BTW, thanks for adding posters name & date to the lower left. Makes it so much easier to refer to on a phone.

Last edited:
Summer,

vtac

vapor junkie
Staff member
@Hippie 's suggestion is what I would recommend as well for viewing unread threads.

@Summer Tweaking the color palette, specifically the yellow link color (it can be hard to differentiate from normal text too) is something that we will be doing. There's a pretty big forum software update coming soon and I'd like it to coincide with the styles changes. More soon. :)

bizwaxzion

Enigmatic Cannabist
@FlyingLow - I've set (and saved) two filters on the 'new posts' screen. 'Unread' and 'Watched'. When I hit this screen the first time I see all my watched threads with unread posts. I check those and then click the 'Watched' filter item (which removes it temporarily) showing me all the threads I don't watch with unread posts. When I come back later - I hit 'new posts' and I'm back to 'Unread' and 'Watched'...

Top Bottom