• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

RBT ZapCap

RastaBuddhaTao

Manufacturer
Hey folks... RBT has been zappin capz for years with the eO... so now it is official... the ZapCap is making its way into production. The latest CAD models are up on the IG and live design sessions are underway on the www. Real excited for this one. Thanks to all the RBT pioneers for all the help on this one!

https://www.instagram.com/p/B9Cnbqun9Hk/

Diggy Smalls

Notorious
How will this compare to a induction heater?
It looks like it will not be induction, so I am not sure it's really comparable. I think there's another mod similar to this made by another manufacturer on the forums
@david8613 The Elvis8r takes a lot more heat than a vapcap. I'm not sure how feasible it would be but I would love to see it, too

Last edited:
Diggy Smalls,

RastaBuddhaTao

Manufacturer
@david8613 over a year ago we wrapped an XL8R (torch vape like the Helevator) with a Zion heater for an electric all glass prototype that worked well ... but @Diggy Smalls is correct in that it takes a good deal of energy so we will do that as one of the RBT Home unit vapes (all glass electric convection).

This is a mostly convection with intermittent conduction and tons of radiant heat. The heater will have a ceramic plate under it and a ceramic cover over it. This should do a good job of keeping things cool but the metal could still get hot so a wood surround might materialize after we see how the prototype performs. Should have beta units inside of 2 months if all goes well.

It will have heat control and should take between 15 and 30 seconds depending on how high the wattage is. I have been using one since this was originally made over a year ago ... then called the eO which was just a raw heater on a deck. All this because my torch ran out of gas one day :)

RastaBuddhaTao

Manufacturer
Thanks @sickmanfraud ... Everyone Buy a Beast Today!

So just a quick update. The CAD models have been electronically sent across the large pond. RBT is working with production engineering to review the designs and approve the tools for the ceramic to be fabricated. It is 3-4 weeks to get the tools fabricated and then another 3-4 weeks to mold and machine parts for the beta build. This puts us at 2 - 3 months to production approval and then another month or two to land the initial production build.

Given the white ceramic base and cover the efficiency should optimize the radiant heat transfer to the vapcap. Once the beta units are completed heater designs can be optimized for high reliability at high wattages. The hope is that consistent and even heating with precise temperature control should deliver repeatable and optimal hits effortlessly every time. If it does... folks might wait a few more seconds for the Zapcap rather than mess around with other faster and less accurate means of heating.

In conjunction with this thread please also check out the ZipZap... a thread exploring the idea of a cigarette sized vape that would use the Zapcap as a power source. It could have an temperature indicator like the Vapcap or Hippie Pipe, or it could be a time at temperature deal (mini Supreme) that is more tribal or it could use the ZapCap as a heater a specially designed stem that turns the ZapCap into a vape? Spot by, get high, and drop some ... Highdeas... well, and some doses if ya choose :)

RastaBuddhaTao

Manufacturer
Hey folks ... here is a quick CAD tour of the final design for the beta units.

Check out the complementary vape ... The Zip Zap in the up and coming thread.

The beta units have been released to production engineering at the factory and with any luck prototypes should be just a few months away. It takes a bit longer but the ceramic floor and surround should do a good job of focusing the heat on the cap. With it's fairly uniform heating area and good wattage control from the mod it should provide very uniform ABV. It will take a bit longer but to heat up but hopefully the vapor quality will be worth the wait.

This should be a fun one!

TommyDee

Vaporitor
Actually, with the latest release video, the IH is a better solution. Much more efficient and cleaner.

TommyDee,
Reactions: lookhigh

Summer

Long Island, NY
IMO, this is a better portable solution for out & about. And many of us already have several mods in our arsenal.

Summer,

oddjobold

Vape swap shop
I had a beast. An induction heater was better in everyway except for size. Slow to heat up, and seemed to have worst taste. More charred. Sold the beast and am buying another PSM. I cant see the zapcap being much differnt from a beast as both are conduction. Sorry but i think i am out......again.

RastaBuddhaTao

Manufacturer
@lookhigh gets the perceived value award lol... YES, picture instead of a mouthpiece on a ZipZap it is a wip with a 14 mm in a water piece and now it is an on-demand or a continuous power (desktop) vape?

It's true it will take a bit longer to heat up but the ceramic base and cover should do a good job of directing the convection radiant heat at the cap. The vapcap or zipzap will stand unattended in the vape with maybe a rotate halfway through the cycle. With the Artic Fox FM the unit will be able to run in automatic (Gen 3 seems ideal) so waiting 30 seconds are so might not be a big deal... run two vapes ... one in the vapcap and one in your mouth :)

The mesh heater has a big, continuous surface area that will provide very uniform heating and thereby should have great vapor quality. The heater will be optimized to run higher wattage to speed the heat-up time but it seems like from using the eO prototype over the last year plus the slower heat-up leads to more consistent vapor quality so sometimes good things come to those that wait.

It will take more time and more power than an IH that is true. But if you have a mod like @Summer pointed out than the ZapCap could be a low cost option and most have tons of 18650's and mods at this point?

All of this is speculation and until the unit is in-hand we have no idea of how it will perform including me. This is just the first cut on a fun project to explore a new crazy way to vape some weed lol. There are many shortcomings and lessons to come just as in any project and it there lies the learning and the fun. If nothing else it will be fun to play with the beta units for the Zip Zap and the Zap Cap and see where it goes. Unit Beta units prove it viable, it's still just an idea that all are free to pontificate on. #leanstartup

lookhigh

FC member
@lookhigh gets the perceived value award lol... YES, picture instead of a mouthpiece on a ZipZap it is a wip with a 14 mm in a water piece and now it is an on-demand or a continuous power (desktop) vape?
#leanstartup

But where is my award?? I need something else to put on the mantelpiece.:lol::cool::lol:

lookhigh,

RastaBuddhaTao

Manufacturer
Thanks fuckcombustion.com for providing a place to hide out and take and idea into its best possible incarnation with a group of close friends. The exert input early in the design process enabled the rapid evolution of the RBT technology and that spirit of customer involvement still exists today. Many thanks and much respect to both the old and new staff especially those two old salty dogs Pak and Stu for making this bold move to keep the community alive in a new and improved way.

Back in 2018 the eO was a 510 convection / conduction /radiant prototype of the ZapCap. The ZapCap might not be the quickest to heat up but the improved uniformity of the heat up should yield more consistent and better flavor vapor out of your VapCap or Zip Zap Devices.

Please stay positive on the RBT threads and address any business related concerns to ryan@rastabuddhatao.com as this thread is for sharing user experiences and will not be used to address customer service issues. Please learn the rules and follow them and help make the moderators job easy. These people give their own valuable time out of love for this community and their job CAN be very time consuming. They deserve for us all to act with love and respect and be on our best behavior as payment for giving us this gift of fcombustion.com.

OG FC thread link below:

Summer

Long Island, NY
@Tacopocalypse, as RBT closed up shop for now, we don't know if it will be temporary or permanent. Time will tell. If Ryan does open up again, don't know if the ZC will come to fruition.

Summer,
Top Bottom