Discontinued RBT Splinter (All Versions)

Marlon Rando

And just to confirm that we all have our own best and favorite methods, I still very effectively use my Splinter and especially my Splinter Zs with DNA mods in TCR mode. I have one non DNA mod I occasionally use in wattage mode, but I haven't fired it up in some time...
well time to fire it up, dug mine up recent after a looong pause, still feels good to use it.

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
Virtually all of us in here have VAS in one form or another (or we will if we don't yet) and we are always looking for a better vape. But in that search process we have run into many good vapes along the way and my RBT vapes are definitely among them. While my daily use has led me to TMs and Tempest being what I reach for first, I definitely enjoy going back to my splinter Zs and my Milaana when the mood strikes. The spice of my life will always be the variety of things I can enjoy.

Yoosh

Company Rep
Hey everyone just wanted to reach out and let RBT fans know that we are back! Herbaltherm is keeping the RBT spirit alive with all the old products you may remember. We even have a few Splinters!

The Zion is back as the 2ZM and the Milaana is back with the 4Mi preorder. Both are available on the Herbaltherm site (2ZMs units dropping in a few days)

Here's a vid of the premium 2ZMs dropping next week:

Like I mentioned we do have a small amount of Splinters available coming soon! We will have exotic units for sale on the Herbaltherm site. I will also be doing auctions for exotic splinters each week on instagram, starting this week.

Grab one while you can! HT10 for 10% off everything on the site

Reach out if you have any questions :)

AnAirlessCell

An idea.

How about a corded, no glass splinter, with the new heater improvements?
YES.... but maybe a cordless option. I like that I can throw my Splinter on a dna mod and pocket it. If I was gonna buy another 510 I'd want to be able to do that. Can always buy an extension cord. I've been using mine a lot again since the 2ZM isn't exactly convenient on the go. I would absolutely buy a Splinter with an updated heater however that shook out.

Yoosh

Company Rep
Purpleheart Splinter Z auction just started on the Herbaltherm instagram! Grab a custom US made Splinter Z to celebrate 10 years of RBT with us :)

Splinter-Z-purpleheart-auction.jpg
Splinter-Z-purpleheart-auctionn.jpg

An idea.

How about a corded, no glass splinter, with the new heater improvements?
Great idea! RBT previously made a device called the Timber Cannon that was a similar concept! Maybe we can bring it back for you guys :)

YES.... but maybe a cordless option. I like that I can throw my Splinter on a dna mod and pocket it. If I was gonna buy another 510 I'd want to be able to do that. Can always buy an extension cord. I've been using mine a lot again since the 2ZM isn't exactly convenient on the go. I would absolutely buy a Splinter with an updated heater however that shook out.
More good ideas! I love the modularity. We are definitely looking to make more pocketable units for on the go. The response to the Splinter auctions and drops on the site will help us decide which device to make next :peace:

stonedBBer

Purpleheart Splinter Z auction just started on the Herbaltherm instagram! Grab a custom US made Splinter Z to celebrate 10 years of RBT with us :)

Splinter-Z-purpleheart-auction.jpg
Splinter-Z-purpleheart-auctionn.jpg

Great idea! RBT previously made a device called the Timber Cannon that was a similar concept! Maybe we can bring it back for you guys :)

More good ideas! I love the modularity. We are definitely looking to make more pocketable units for on the go. The response to the Splinter auctions and drops on the site will help us decide which device to make next :peace:
What 510 mod does herbaltherm reccomend

stonedBBer,

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
Any 510 mod will work, if you want to try to configure temp control, there are certain ones that might be better, particularly DNA, but it might be best with straight power settings regardless...

A few regular splinter high air flow four hole walnut are available... (10% off code)

Last edited:

CanikUser19

Trenchtown Rock
Since the Splinter has reappeared, is it technically no longer discontinued?
Feels kinda like when Jordan un-retired that second time and played for the Wizards. It was still technically Jordan but you knew his reappearance was gonna be short lived. These Splinters were apparently “found in a box” somewhere, so definitely not back in production it would seem. Just an unexpected opportunity for a few to get their hands on a new one.

raisin

So far, I'm enjoying the Splinter Z! But I def feel like there's more I can do to get it dialed in on my dna mod. So far I prefer the TC profiles over wattage pulsing.

Does anyone know if stems for any other devices fit the Splinter Z? Would love to get something with beads or a j-hook to fit this and get a little cooling!

Grass Yes

Yes
Staff member
So far, I'm enjoying the Splinter Z! But I def feel like there's more I can do to get it dialed in on my dna mod. So far I prefer the TC profiles over wattage pulsing.
Congrats I love mine. It's my favorite 510 device.
Does anyone know if stems for any other devices fit the Splinter Z? Would love to get something with beads or a j-hook to fit this and get a little cooling!
I believe that the Z is 19/22, not 19/19 so I think that should accommodate most standard stems. Although I believe the Lamart stems are even deeper?

Just to be safe, I have stuck to 19/19 stuff for my RBT devices. I would say to definitely check out stems from 508 Phineas. Those are probably my favorite:
Good vibes Boro often makes compatible stems as well (verify first obviously):

I have a custom wood WPA from @Deg999_ which I like a lot. Other WPAs can be found around here and there.

Shit Snacks

Yeah if you can ever get one of the old dual battery arctic fox red panda mods they worked pretty well set up with temp control cruising or splinter z but they are hard to find now...

Yes, 19/22, although there is variance, and that is a standard size that is still not that easy to find...

Lamart will not fit, most standard sizing is 19/26, too long...

However yes good vibes boro can cut any of his stems down to fit splinter z without issue, if you see anything you like available on his website just reach out to ask.. including Tetra stems and hooks, WPA too (I love the ones I have from him, so I can use most anything with splinters now)

Also ask the Rogue wax works and others I am sure

Shit Snacks

Was thinking of grabbing this z stem. Anyone have any experience with it?

They look awesome, I was going to suggest those as well, just make sure you tell them that you need 19/22 sizing for splinter z

Shit Snacks,
  • Love
Reactions: raisin

StringTheorista

Was thinking of grabbing this z stem. Anyone have any experience with it? https://z-stems.com/products/tetra-19mm-z-stem-glass-core?variant=43336050704566

Also, def hitting up good vibes boro for something. Thank you all for the replies and help!
No experience with this stem, but can vouch for the guy who made it. He modded a dynavap omni tip for me, did a beautiful job.
I made my own version by just filling one of the standard RBT stems with boro balls, and putting a rimless basket screen upside down over them to hold them in.

Zasquatch

https://z-stems.com
@Shit Snacks @StringTheorista @raisin thanks for the kind words!

The Glass Z-core is indeed 19/22 and has been reported to fit RBT devices no problem 👍. The next drop of wood kits (sleeve + mouthpiece) is scheduled for this coming Sunday at Noon eastern time.

The glass by itself isn’t that special, like @StringTheorista said, aside from being American glass fabricated by a scientific glass company. They made the casting molds to my specs, so it’s really high quality and a great fit with both the basket screen and the ground joint. Basket sits nice and flush, doesn’t stick out like on some other joints.

raisin

@Shit Snacks @StringTheorista @raisin thanks for the kind words!

The Glass Z-core is indeed 19/22 and has been reported to fit RBT devices no problem 👍. The next drop of wood kits (sleeve + mouthpiece) is scheduled for this coming Sunday at Noon eastern time.

The glass by itself isn’t that special, like @StringTheorista said, aside from being American glass fabricated by a scientific glass company. They made the casting molds to my specs, so it’s really high quality and a great fit with both the basket screen and the ground joint. Basket sits nice and flush, doesn’t stick out like on some other joints.
Looking forward to hopefully scooping one up Sunday!

raisin,
Reactions: Zasquatch
Top Bottom