Quickest most effect way to clean Bong

Jdawgg

As the title suggests, I'm wondering what people do to clean out their bongs.. I have a small percolator which is in need of a good clean, but I'm seeing different answers on Google and wondered if anyone had any input.

Last edited:

Improvaper

Super hot water rinse, tablespoon of kosher salt (split between intake and output ends) and a few tablespoons of 99% ISO (also split). Don't use too much ISO. You want just enough to shake the salt around and coat all the walls. Do that and let it sit for 20 minutes then rinse and shake vigorously with hot water. Never had any crud that survives that.

WelshBrok

Not sure it’s the quickest but I just pour hot water in, let that heat up the glass for a bit, then replace water with darkCrystal clear, leave that for a bit, pour dark Crystal back into the bottle and hot water through glass and usually like brand new.
Sometimes if the resin or whatever has dried onto the glass it needs to soak for a bit and I just leave it overnight with dc clear in it and the next day it cleans out with hot water

west-elec

There is an ultrasonic cleaner thread, supposedly they work well but are fairly expensive.
The much cheaper manual version involves iso soaking and regular shaking. The dirtier the piece the longer the soak, the more you will have to shake.
I always select glass you can get a pipe cleaner in to reach all areas. Cleaning is so much easier when you can wipe as well, especially if it is a thick and old deposit. Soak, swab, hot rinse, done.

passenger

is this thing on?
I pour ISO in the glass to clean and Cork it, then i put it into a hot Water bath (think bucket) and let it sit for 10 minutes. You can reuse the ISO several times. Wash it clean with tab water and finish with a rinse of destilled water and it's very clean without stains from the harder tab water. Enjoy your clean glass!

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
Because I use CE I rarely have to do much of a clean of my glass pieces themselves. The stems and adapters need ISO cleaning but not really the glass itself. Maybe twice a year (on average) I clean them with PBW. The exception may be the HD3 which is taller than the stacking bubbles of CE water generally get to, but it hasn't yet been necessary. We'll see on that piece over time. I may just get in the habit of shaking the piece so that the glass at the top gets covered.

LesPlenty

Company Rep
I use a pet shower hose attached to hot water and rinse until hot. I then empty the water and 1/3 fill the bong with iso for a shake then pour the iso back into it's own jar ready for the next wash. Doing it this way I have the same iso in the jar for months without it getting more than a little cloudy. I then rinse with hot water again, I do this every second day as I clean 1x bong per day, 1xflower and 1xconcentrate bong are always in use.
I do not bother using my ultrasonic cleaner for bongs as it is a pain compared to my method above.
I also only use Cranberry extract in my concentrate bong as it will grow shit pretty quickly in warm climates (I sometimes get lazy and let my flower bong go a few days between cleans due to loving dabs ATM). I would recommend citric acid over cranberry for this reason (I use powdered Citric acid myself, just a pinch per bong).
2 at a time clean, I usually just jam the hose into the mouthpiece. Sorry for bad pic, due to steam!
IMG_20200719_151701.jpg

Ramahs

Fucking Combustion (mostly) Since February 2017
I use cranberry extract in my water. Since I started doing that my routine is empty the water every day and rinse a few times with hot water, shaken up each time and then refilling with hot water and shaking. That keeps my glass fairly clean daily.

I usually do a more thorough cleaning about once a week, sometimes longer (whenever the glass no longer looks clean after the hot water rinse) by using some iso and just regular table salt, and shaking for a bit before rinsing that out a few times with water.

^ That routine works well for me.

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
CE is added to the bong water to coat the glass while you are hitting the bong. It is food safe and not a problem to inhale. It is meant to be consumed and not as a cleaner. A glass cleaner is likely to be neither and probably shouldn't be added to bong water. While it is advertised as non toxic, and I imagine it is perfectly safe to clean your glass with it, lungs are very sensitive organs and I don't think I would want to breathe through it. YMMV.

Sour Dream

Blue Dream enthusiast
CE is added to the bong water to coat the glass while you are hitting the bong. It is food safe and not a problem to inhale. It is meant to be consumed and not as a cleaner. A glass cleaner is likely to be neither and probably shouldn't be added to bong water. While it is advertised as non toxic, and I imagine it is perfectly safe to clean your glass with it, lungs are very sensitive organs and I don't think I would want to breathe through it. YMMV.
dark crystal is food safe and also recommends you use it in the same way you would use CE to help keep it clean, its actually pretty dope works well. Its main use for me is for actually cleaning tho

daoist

iso is my default way to clean all my glass. when you have a lot to clean or your stuff is really dirty you might try laundry (stain remover) oxi powder. put a teaspoon of oxi in your bong and put hot water in it and let it soak for a few hours. After that you may clean it with iso again, or just give it a good rinse. there are videos on youtube on how to oxi clean your bong.

for example this video (not mine).

Last edited:
Top Bottom