question about extraction for edibles

Greenleaf88

hi fc how we doing today?
I have a question for any of you that might know this and can help me. I have a magical butter machine and I was wondering because I cant get everclear in canada if I could use iso to extract it and then cook it off to rso and make gummies with it?

Greenleaf88,

shredder

I have a question for any of you that might know this and can help me. I have a magical butter machine and I was wondering because I cant get everclear in canada if I could use iso to extract it and then cook it off to rso and make gummies with it?

Iso can be very hard to get out of the oil. Your safest bet would be to use oil or butter in your machine.

That and gummies can mold quickly unless you use preservatives.

Medicated butter or oil opens up a lot of choices for medibles. Anything from canna capsules to off the shelf box mixes to gourmet dishes.

Greenleaf88

I should've explained better I dont wanna use oil cuz i want my gummies to be strong so I wanna make rso out of it but was wondering an alternative to Everclear if iso was one. Idk how hard alchool is to cook off when it evaporates at room temp.

Greenleaf88,

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
I should've explained better I dont wanna use oil cuz i want my gummies to be strong

When I make gummies they are around 250mg each :D (that’s not a typo)

I think your issue is you are wanting to use flower to infuse, which takes more oil to cover the plant material for the infusion and can’t be reduced down to concentrate further, like alcohol. I get around this by doing all my edibles with rosin/concentrates so I can use a minimum amount of cooking oil. We also don’t have Everclear access in my state.

Greenleaf88

When I make gummies they are around 250mg each :D (that’s not a typo)

I think your issue is you are wanting to use flower to infuse, which takes more oil to cover the plant material for the infusion and can’t be reduced down to concentrate further, like alcohol. I get around this by doing all my edibles with rosin/concentrates so I can use a minimum amount of cooking oil. We also don’t have Everclear access in my state.
The problem with that is I find the high with concemtrate edibles are not enjoyable make me.lazy couchlock even with sativas.

Greenleaf88,
Reactions: shredder

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
The problem with that is I find the high with concemtrate edibles are not enjoyable make me.lazy couchlock even with sativas.

I honestly can't recall ever taking an edible that gave me an uppity do-stuff sativa feel? 11-hydroxy-THC is a pretty different beast than delta 9. That said, I like lazy couchlock edibles so maybe someone will have some different advice!

However, TECHNICALLY, if you were to make RSO and reduce it down, it's just as much a concentrate as anything I'd use, so I'm not sure you would actually like the effects any better.

invertedisdead,
Reactions: zor

shredder

That is the reason we like adding CBD to our medibles. And taking it further why we add orange oil as well.

These 2 things make the experience much more like vaping a sativa.

Thc by itself is in a way boring. CBD's kind of rounds out the effects and orange oil adds an uplifting terpene.

sickmanfraud

If you want to make an ISO extraction you should still use freezing cold ISO and cannabis that was in the freezer for 24 hours.

ISO is not regular drinking alcohol, but you seem to know that fine. However I read that you need 200 ml of ISO at once to be poisoned.

If you reduce your ISO to RSO you should be ok.

You should get rid of the MBM. It wants 2 cups of oil so unless you are a grower with cannabis out the ears it will not be strong enough.

sickmanfraud,

GoldenBud

For edibles you don't need extraction basically, you can just decarb in the oven and then mix it with some peanut butter or so. and it's ready. the THCA molecules will became THC D9 in the decarb process, and your liver will make it Hydro-11-THC (which is much potent than THD D9)
don't eat too much, start from something like 1gr or 1.2gr max, your liver may not like it and you'll feel his grumpiness in the toilet 6-10 hours later ...

GoldenBud,
  • Haha
Reactions: Ramahs

Greenleaf88

For edibles you don't need extraction basically, you can just decarb in the oven and then mix it with some peanut butter or so. and it's ready. the THCA molecules will became THC D9 in the decarb process, and your liver will make it Hydro-11-THC (which is much potent than THD D9)
don't eat too much, start from something like 1gr or 1.2gr max, your liver may not like it and you'll feel his grumpiness in the toilet 6-10 hours later ...
No to this I have a magical.butter machine your way u taste the bud I want it to be like a disspemseray. I will try an ounce of herb and two cups.pf iso in the mb and after in a pan cook it dowb.

Greenleaf88,

scy123

Trusted Member Don't Worry
Look up QWISO.

You don't need drinkable alcohol, but you should make sure to evaporate all the iso before consuming.

scy123,

shredder

No to this I have a magical.butter machine your way u taste the bud I want it to be like a disspemseray. I will try an ounce of herb and two cups.pf iso in the mb and after in a pan cook it dowb.

ISO is highly flammable. And its hard to get it all out. Id nix the pan idea, and rethink your process.

shredder,

scy123

Trusted Member Don't Worry
Yea, I don't think you want to cook iso unless you really knew what you were doing.

From what I gather, you want to make extracts and use that to make gummies.

QWISO is a decent beginner method of extracting. To evaporate the ISO you can do a couple of styles (just don't do one that is dangerous). I like to use a system with a fan blowing directly on it in a semi enclosed system. You could just place it on a moderate heated surface for a day or so.

Next, you are gonna need to decarb the extract, I would actually decarb the extract in the oven and not use the magical butter machine. place the extract in an open container and put it in the oven and use your preferred temp/time. I don't decarb much, so I just use what I see others suggest. The decarbing process also would remove any leftover ISO.

Now you pretty much have activated extract and can do with whatever you want with it. (Even eating it raw will get you high)

Edit: if have any questions about this you can pm me or just ask away here hehe.

Last edited:

shredder

@shredder I like the idea of adding orange oil. How much are you adding and what results have you noticed?

I just add several drops to a batch, so a dose would have 1/10th of a drop each.

Sweet orange oil is edible and used for flavoring candy. But it has more limonene than lemons.

Limonene is a terpene found in mostly sativas and has uplifting and energetic qualities. It has a small but noticeable effect and improves taste, if you like oranges.

Greenleaf88

I just do jello and unflavored gelatin with wtv amount of unflavored distallate.

Lol can't believe this thread is still going cheers !!

Southeastern

illegal smile
I just add several drops to a batch, so a dose would have 1/10th of a drop each.

Sweet orange oil is edible and used for flavoring candy. But it has more limonene than lemons.

Limonene is a terpene found in mostly sativas and has uplifting and energetic qualities. It has a small but noticeable effect and improves taste, if you like oranges.
I'm going to give it a try. Thanks for the explanation.

Southeastern,
Reactions: shredder
Top Bottom