quartz banger vs. vapcap for wax

darbarikanada

I've been using my mighty for wax, like the cool vapor and efficiency, but I'm curious to try something closer to dabbing. I have a vapcap with one of those silicone mouthpieces (and a mini-liquid pad), so I can attach that to my bong, get big hits that way, but I'm wondering if I wouldn't get better flavor using a cheap DHGate banger/cap (like this: https://www.dhgate.com/product/beveled-edge-round-bottom-quartz-banger-with/500337645.html?f=bm|Bing|PA|408012198|1192970724106899|74560765642042|pla-4578160301003460||US|500337645|c|&utm_source=Bing&utm_medium=cpc&utm_term=&utm_content=74560765642042&utm_campaign=US_Home &msclkid=91ff3afccd6f1af904d06534f782b236&skuid=650857609839480834 or this: https://www.dhgate.com/product/2017...=751254832755421190#s1-4-1;searl|2451415835:8) any thoughts would be appreciated! thanks

darbarikanada,
Reactions: arb

arb

Semi shaved ape
A banger is better and a enail is more better but my fave for flavor so far(sacrilege I know)has been a sequoia with titanium bucket.
I stick a 5" piece of whip on the mouth piece set it at 30 watts and 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
Amazing flavors from rosin........fuck pens.

arb

Semi shaved ape
Yes or some type of gemstone........I have not used gemstone.
Just quartz and titanium bowls and a few different coils.
You can go as crazy or as not it seems.......beware.
😁

SonicBacon

I've been using my mighty for wax, like the cool vapor and efficiency, but I'm curious to try something closer to dabbing. I have a vapcap with one of those silicone mouthpieces (and a mini-liquid pad), so I can attach that to my bong, get big hits that way, but I'm wondering if I wouldn't get better flavor using a cheap DHGate banger/cap (like this: https://www.dhgate.com/product/beveled-edge-round-bottom-quartz-banger-with/500337645.html?f=bm|Bing|PA|408012198|1192970724106899|74560765642042|pla-4578160301003460||US|500337645|c|&utm_source=Bing&utm_medium=cpc&utm_term=&utm_content=74560765642042&utm_campaign=US_Home &msclkid=91ff3afccd6f1af904d06534f782b236&skuid=650857609839480834 or this: https://www.dhgate.com/product/2017...=751254832755421190#s1-4-1;searl|2451415835:8) any thoughts would be appreciated! thanks
Can confirm, you will definitely get better flavour with a quartz banger compared to a dynavap, as long as you keep the banger clean.

floribud

I have to second what @arb said. He uses the Sequoia which is sort of the XL version of the Sai. I have a Sai with Quartz and Titanium bowls. I can say they both work really well. I've tried several pens (kandypens/yocan) and I don't really like any of them. But the Sai with a bucket and the Poseidon v2 glass piece is my favorite way to get flavor and quantity. I think if you looking in the $100 range, the Sai + Pico + Poseidon is the best value you can get. And if you like bigger dabs then the Sequoia + Pico + Sequoia Poseidon. For me, the only downside is that the Poseidon is delicate (I can't leave it around because kids and I can't just toss it in a drawer). To me, this is just a good but way easier than a Banger.

Having said that I just bought SourceVapes Versa and an Aluminum Nitride banger insert, so I can't wait to see how that works when they finally get here.

Finally, if you want to just occasionally cough your head off but go WAY DEEP into space you could get Vivant DaBox. It's a tiny unregulated coil system. It just burn a ton of whatever oil you put in it. Taste just like a bunch of smoke, but like I said if you just want to visit space occasionally, it's a relatively cheap and very easy and reliable way to do it.

iammyself

I’m new to dabbing as well, and have tried the EZ Sai, SOC enail (Puffco Peak knockoff), and a quartz banger and torch. The quartz banger has the best flavor I’ve had, but is also inconsistent due to heating with a torch. Grabbing a IR thermometer helped with that. the Sai is convenient, but I definitely taste a metal twang with the triple ti coil. The SOC is good, but the ceramic cups are annoying to try to keep clean.

I just picked up quartz banger with carb carb cap an Amazon for $15. It’s since been removed, but there’s plenty of others that have Prime shipping. I’d go there before DHGate just to get it quickly, and be able to return if something is wrong.

arb

Semi shaved ape
I have to second what @arb said. He uses the Sequoia which is sort of the XL version of the Sai. I have a Sai with Quartz and Titanium bowls. I can say they both work really well. I've tried several pens (kandypens/yocan) and I don't really like any of them. But the Sai with a bucket and the Poseidon v2 glass piece is my favorite way to get flavor and quantity. I think if you looking in the $100 range, the Sai + Pico + Poseidon is the best value you can get. And if you like bigger dabs then the Sequoia + Pico + Sequoia Poseidon. For me, the only downside is that the Poseidon is delicate (I can't leave it around because kids and I can't just toss it in a drawer). To me, this is just a good but way easier than a Banger.

Having said that I just bought SourceVapes Versa and an Aluminum Nitride banger insert, so I can't wait to see how that works when they finally get here.

Finally, if you want to just occasionally cough your head off but go WAY DEEP into space you could get Vivant DaBox. It's a tiny unregulated coil system. It just burn a ton of whatever oil you put in it. Taste just like a bunch of smoke, but like I said if you just want to visit space occasionally, it's a relatively cheap and very easy and reliable way to do it.
7 Poseidon units for the Sai and 5 for the Sequoia..........one left of each.
Fragile as all get out.
😫

BabyFacedFinster

Anything worth doing, is worth overdoing.
7 Poseidon units for the Sai and 5 for the Sequoia..........one left of each.
Fragile as all get out.
😫

I got one of those silcone adapters for the top of my sai and use that with a generic hydrotube from dhgate. They tend to feel pretty sturdy for a $15-20 piece. Although I mostly use it dry because I'm often too lazy to get out all that glass. My fav atty is the flattened Clapton coil. For some reason the hits from both buckets just send me into a coughing rage. The Clapton doesn't do that. It is pretty damn easy to drop a little wax on it and take some nice moderate hits.

I LOVE the flavor I get when hitting rosin or wax through my vapcaps. My most preferred way. When I want quick hits on the run, I go to my little terp pen. Not the best flavor, but so damn quick and easy on the go.

If I had some cash to drop, I'd like to try a Core. Same company that makes the sai. PIU has them for 25% off. Much cheaper than a Peak.

Gigsabits53

I would go the banger route over those other options. I use an e-nail for dabbing, which is even better, but a quartz banger is
a nice way to go also.

Gigsabits53,
Reactions: arb

arb

Semi shaved ape
I got one of those silcone adapters for the top of my sai and use that with a generic hydrotube from dhgate. They tend to feel pretty sturdy for a $15-20 piece. Although I mostly use it dry because I'm often too lazy to get out all that glass. My fav atty is the flattened Clapton coil. For some reason the hits from both buckets just send me into a coughing rage. The Clapton doesn't do that. It is pretty damn easy to drop a little wax on it and take some nice moderate hits.

I LOVE the flavor I get when hitting rosin or wax through my vapcaps. My most preferred way. When I want quick hits on the run, I go to my little terp pen. Not the best flavor, but so damn quick and easy on the go.

If I had some cash to drop, I'd like to try a Core. Same company that makes the sai. PIU has them for 25% off. Much cheaper than a Peak.
The core is just a sequoia with only 4 temp settings but the glass is better.
😁

BabyFacedFinster

Anything worth doing, is worth overdoing.
The core is just a sequoia with only 4 temp settings but the glass is better.
😁

Yes, I love the look of that glass bubbler and the fact that it's all in one. My sai on a pico with an silicone adapter and a hydrotube on top feels like a Jenga game.

Texus

An inexpensive and portable option I've been digging is the Qomo. A mini Pufffo Peak sort of device that can be had for $70 or so. Nice build, intuitive interface, 3 temp settings. Got it to tide me over until my Source Versa arrives and loving it way more than I expected to.

florduh

If you know how Arctic Fox or Red Panda 510 mods work, I'd strongly suggest getting the $99 non-temp control version of the AVS M22. Fast heat up time on quality SiC makes it a great on the go option. Arctic Fox wattage curves can replicate temp control pretty well. Hell, even if you don't know how to use Arctic Fox. If you can use a 510 mod, you're basically getting a SiC version of the Rio in a smaller package.

Yes, there's been lots of drama with the roll out. But that's mostly with the mod and getting temp control to work properly. The wattage only version is ready to roll though. I think I have a 15% off code too if anyone wants it. It's well worth $85.

florduh,
Top Bottom