Purging iso from distillate

ScyOne

Only thing I recommend is evaporating it down a ton before throwing it in the oven and running it in the oven for a decently long time, even if you think all of the iso is gone.

A lot of people have health concerns with iso and for regulated truly legal stuff they can't even use iso, so take that as you will.

ScyOne

I dunno where you are located, but in North America USP grade iso is gonna be pharmacy grade iso with no additives.

Last edited:
ScyOne,

RustyOldNail

SEARCH for the treasure...
RustyOldNail,

ScyOne

I would have to say ethanol is preferable, but some places can be hard to get, especially at a high proof. I know in Canada it's prohibited for sale, you can get some, but super hassle and expensive. (at least when I tried to get some a few years ago, things might have changed)

I have to like prove I use it in a lab and not gonna be drinking it or something.... I mean I can do both right?

Last edited:
ScyOne,

RustyOldNail

SEARCH for the treasure...
I would have to say ethanol is preferable, but some places can be hard to get, especially at a high proof. I know in Canada it's prohibited for sale, you can get some, but super hassle and expensive. (at least when I tried to get some a few years ago, things might have changed)

I have to like prove I use it in a lab and not gonna be drinking it or something.... I mean I can do both right?

The Hazmat designation for Ethanol makes the shipping expensive, but a gallon lasts a long time. If anyone is interested I’ll find the one I used as it was the cheapest I could find at the time, buying Everclear at a liquor store is too costly.

RustyOldNail,

ScyOne

I eventually started fermenting and distilling my own. Fun fact $10 worth of ingredients and disposables nets around a gallon.

ScyOne,
Top Bottom