Puffco wax pen

bm96

Second one was working fine for a day, then decided to just stop heating. full charged and tried turning it off on and on.

Returning and on to something designed better!

GetLeft

I'm really enjoying my puffco plus. It's supposedly a second iteration of the original. I've had it a month or so and everything is up to spec. Functions as adveritsed, cleans rather easily. I purchased it as a way to start playing with concentrates but it's turned out to be a top player on the team, getting used every day. Once loaded (which with the right kind of concentrate is no problem) it is the fastest and most discrete a vape I've ever owned. I find myself able to use it a times when I'd not be able to use my other vapes so the 'plus' moniker is appropriate in my case!

Timps27

Feel like I’m winnin’ when I’m losin’ again
I just got a plus and it is absolutely hands down my favorite travel device. I sometimes take up to 4-5 flights a week and don’t get back to home for days-weeks, a couple grams of wax and my Plus fit in the front pouch of my hydration pack and server me well the duration.

Ramahs

Fucking Combustion (mostly) Since February 2017
I'm considering a Plus, because I want a wax pen for when I'm out and about (and I haven't been too happy with cartridge vape pens) and I can get one at a local store and not have to wait for it to ship to me.

What's held me back from pulling the trigger is that I've seen a lot of negative reviews when I go looking around for reactions/reviews about it. I'll have to keep thinking about it.

GetLeft

It’s been a great device for me. Supremely discreet; you can use it virtually anywhere, which is why I have it (not to mention the plaesure taken in using concentrates to compliment my flower usage).

When I purchased mine, I picked up a second ceramic chamber because of the posts I read regading defective chambers. Glad to say I’ve had zero problems with the rither chamber and am happy to have picked up the second one because it allows me to have two different strains available. Even small dabs can last me more than one hit. So if I have a little left over in chamber 1 but want a different strain I just swap out chamber 1 for chamber 2.

One thing I will note is that I seldom vape anything without some sort of diffusion, either a bubbler for my nano, a micro bubbler for my edge (which I use without h2o), or most recently the great medium length dimpled stems by Vlad for my Mi 3. The vapor the plus makes on medium (green) and high (white) levels is too hot for me. Since I use the plus for stealth I won’t bother fitting it to some sort of difuser. I just use it pretty much always on low (blue).

GetLeft

I'm using this device less and less. I puchased two chambers with my pen, which has served mostly as a quick discrete hitter when needed. For a long time the device seemed to be low maintenance, high performance. Push button, get vapor. I swithched / cleaned chambers easily. But currently airflow is basically blocked. I can't fix the problem with heat ups (to disperse oil) or iso cleansing so I'm at a loss. There's blockage somewhere (probably half a gram of goo sitting inside there somehwere). Not entirely unexpected because concentrates = mess at some point or another. But may soon abandon this deliery method. Anyone keeping the air flowing with theri pc pen?

florduh

Puffco HAS to be working on something to replace this, or maybe not because of the Proxy?

Good question. Because of the design, the Proxy is going to be more comfortable to use and taste better than pretty much any wax pen. But Puffco also benefits from having a lower priced entry into their product line. Maybe they'll do something like a Puffco version of the Lightning Pen?

GetLeft

wow what a coincidence I just came here to post and see you've been here today too.

I've been using concentrates pretty much exclusively for the past month. I have the Daab and I like it ok but it's not 100% my style. I find I prefer my puffco pen. Easy enough to load once you get the knack of it, nice tasty hits on green that do the trick, easy enough to clean if you don't feel like you have to do so after every hit (and even if you do for that matter), etc. I like that I can do a nice hit and put it down if I don't want. When I pick it up after a bit for another hit the taste is still good. A real nice device if you're looking for discrete, effective, flavor-providing, easy-to- maintain concentrate-lovin' vape :tup:

biohacker

A real nice device if you're looking for discrete, effective, flavor-providing, easy-to- maintain concentrate-lovin' vape :tup:

Have you considered grabbing a Lightning Pen? There was someone in that thread that said they liked it way more. Personally, i'm concerned about splashing/splatter with the LP as I experienced with the Cricket, and that is one thing I never had to worry about with the Plus. Maybe because of the seepage into the atty lol

biohacker,
Reactions: GetLeft

GetLeft

Have you considered grabbing a Lightning Pen?
Didn't really consider it because I'm perfectly happy with my Puffco pen. I had tried a Yocan device with the exposed coils prior and didn't like that experience (although I got plenty ripped a few times trying to figure out how to use concentrates lol). There was a bit of a learning curve for me with the puffco pen, and I did have to deal with a bit of splatter at the beginning - even somehow managed to clog one of the two ovens I picked up with my puffco purchase - but figured out pretty quickly that it works best with small rice-sized dabs of material to avoid splatter and seepage. I use it for one, two maybe three hits at a time. If I want more of a session I pull out my Daab. I definitely have my eye on the proxy, though. I admit I laughed at the proxy when it launched but you all have me taking note as it seems to be a perfect step between the puffco pen and my daab. Just can't see putting out so much cash when I don't really need it...

yogie

I'm considering this for easy discrete use on the go. Can you pre load this before leaving the house?

Saw a reviewer saying you need to be careful because if tilted to the side, horizontal-ish, the wax cab drip into the air holes around the ceramic bowl, and then you lose the wax, clog the pen and have to clean it.

yogie,

Madtater

Saw a reviewer saying you need to be careful because if tilted to the side, horizontal-ish, the wax cab drip into the air holes around the ceramic bowl, and then you lose the wax, clog the pen and have to clean it.
This is true depending how much material you have in the dish. You do want to try to keep it upright mostly when drawing from it.

Madtater,

Momor

Hi guys ! I just received a puffco plus v2 and it's my very first concentrate device.
I have access to rosin for not long ago and don't think it's top shelf rosin as it leaves a black residu that doesn't go off easily with coton swab + 99% ISO.
That residu burns off after a few heat cycle at max temp with the mouthpiece off (I can see the bottom of the chamber glowing red and the residu gradually disappearing).

Is it a necessity to clean the chamber after each use ?
I really don't like using that much coton swabs and wasting battery life by doing those burn-off.
Could I use it for several bowls without cleaning it ?
I know the accumulation of the residu will probably degrade the taste but will it damage the heater/bowl ?
Will I still be able to clean it after a few bowls ?
And if yes, after how many bowls do you think it's mandatory to clean with ISO and burn-off.
I also read about cleaning in the oven but didn't find the specifications of this technique.
Thanks in advance for your help/suggestions 🙏

BabyFacedFinster

Anything worth doing, is worth overdoing.
@Momor, I don't own a Plus 2, but I just wanted to add that rosin is great, but it tends to have natural waxes that will turn brown from heating and start to turn the taste after a few hits. I would think you'd want to clean after use and not leave that in your pen. Also, you might have flower rosin which can be darker and have more waxes than hash rosin which is a bit more refined. It is also generally recommended to vape rosins at a lower temp than BHO stuff for all the same reasons.

I find rosin to be great for a few hits then clean and reload. Not the kind of concentrate to keep hitting to try and get every last bit of medicine extracted because it will turn foul before that, especially flower rosin.

BabyFacedFinster,
Reactions: Momor

Momor

@Momor, I don't own a Plus 2, but I just wanted to add that rosin is great, but it tends to have natural waxes that will turn brown from heating and start to turn the taste after a few hits. I would think you'd want to clean after use and not leave that in your pen. Also, you might have flower rosin which can be darker and have more waxes than hash rosin which is a bit more refined. It is also generally recommended to vape rosins at a lower temp than BHO stuff for all the same reasons.

I find rosin to be great for a few hits then clean and reload. Not the kind of concentrate to keep hitting to try and get every last bit of medicine extracted because it will turn foul before that, especially flower rosin.
Thank you very much for your input. I think that the rosin i have is indeed flower rosin.
My error is to try to get that last beat an probably just burn those natural waxes (even at the first temp). At this point the bottom of my chamber is black (not even brown) and 99,9% ISO + Qtip does nothing.
I tried stopping after less heat cycles and the residual oils were a lot easier to clean. Q-tip + ISO does part of the job then 2 or 3 high heat cycles can finish it :tup:

It is not “necessary”, but why would you not want to? Especially if you are switching strains or types of materials?
All those Q-tips can become quite a big "unnecessary" waste. I may have used as much Q-tips in a few days with my concentrate pen than in about 6 years of dry herb vaping :mental::rofl:
And unfortunately i don't have access to other types of concentrates or strains wher i live for now.

Momor,
Top Bottom