• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Puffco wax pen

clukx

I made the mistake of buying the Puffco Pro a while back. It is overpriced disposable chinese garbage and I will never look at this company again.
this must be your first vape pen with a replaceable atomizer lol, it's hard to believe you got the pro in 2020 or 2019 seeing as the pro2 has been the only "pro" unit available.
Maybe youre talkin about the puffcro pro2 or the puffco plus, im wondering what your issues were..im assuming user error?

clukx,

Vakas

I like my Puffco+ so much i'm going to buy another one and also a Peak. So yeah, ask me anything! :D

Your comment sold it for me. I am about to put an order in. Can you please share some tips?
Best way to use/clean/store it. Any parts or extras needed you think? Best kind of concentrate to use?

biohacker

I’m buying my second one today and I’ve tortured my original and it’s still just as awesome! I’ll get back to your questions later when I have more time!
Best stealthiest portable dab experience I’ve ever had next to yocan uni pro and fire carts! But apples oranges!

biohacker

Your comment sold it for me.

Yeah, I kinda went 'dark side' and am now a Shillfluencer, so thanks for the commissions!

Can you please share some tips?

Use it UPRIGHT at all times.... and don't Overfill it! We're talking sub 0.05g, or maybe 0.075g but it's better to err on the smaller side. And be careful with tipping. There are lots of tips in this very thread and Reddit/puffco

Any parts or extras needed you think?

I remove the built in ceramic dab tool because I think it sucks. You don't need anything extra whatsoever. I tried playing with it on an istick tc40w but overall wouldn't bother as the best experience is with the stock battery. Try using the sash mode, as that's what I find works best and I'm 95% using it first on green, and then white, but with a tiny load straight off white works awesome!
Best kind of concentrate to use?

CLEAN extracts! I tried budder, rosin, and other "dirty" trades and I think it fouls up the atty. I stick with live resin or FSE exclusively.

Best smallest form factor pocket dab experience out there!

biohacker,
Reactions: Vakas

LesPlenty

Company Rep
@biohacker, I see you took the built in dab tool out, did yours have the silicon mouthpiece tip that interacts with the tool, or do you have the older model that did not have the silicon lip saver?

LesPlenty,
Reactions: biohacker

biohacker

@biohacker, I see you took the built in dab tool out, did yours have the silicon mouthpiece tip that interacts with the tool, or do you have the older model that did not have the silicon lip saver?

Yeah I take the ceramic dab tool out. I prefer using my own (thin flat head) and oil gets all over it and it's very wasteful and annoying. It also impedes airflow, and gets black like the floor from the friction with the metal wrong.

With that said, I haven't had the need for portability with mine yet, so if I really needed to and didn't want to fuss with a separate tool and just have my pen and extract jar, then yeah maybe I would put it in.

biohacker,
Reactions: LesPlenty

biohacker

What about the silicon mouthpiece extension, in or out?

Definitely in! Although I have never tried without it, maybe it would open the airflow up to a point where it's not viable? Regardless, I do lots of back to back hits in my torture testing and the mouthpiece can get hot AF if you do things that you are not supposed to like I do :). The Silicon helps greatly, as i've had the alternative with the Dr Dabber Stella and think my lips are still recovering from that burner lol

The Puffco+ continues to impress me more and more everyday even after weeks. I mean, I just want a reason to sell them and move on... but I can't seem to find it! I know some shillfluencers say the same thing when a new device roll$ out but as you know I honestly do not have a horse in the race! I'm just an enthusiast! lol

biohacker,

biohacker

So, you're gonna leave us hanging on what the dark side is?

It looks like it would be difficult to load. That cup looks pretty deep.

Loading is easy with a flat head dab tool. I don't like the included dabber so I take it out.

The atties leak oil, it's kinda hard to explain, but it's kinda nasty after a while (I took one apart). There is some minimal burning occur under the leads, and oil gets under there and into the mesh wall surrounding the atty.

If this thing had an actually heated sealed cup, with magnetic top and usb-c charging, THAT would be impressive. But as it stands now it still holds the crown as the best wax pen on the market and it's VERY dated tech.

JCat

Accessory Maker
If this thing had an actually heated sealed cup, with magnetic top and usb-c charging, THAT would be impressive. But as it stands now it still holds the crown as the best wax pen on the market and it's VERY dated tech.
Can’t be 100% certain if the cup on this one is 100% sealed or if it is as performant as the Puffco+, however, it has the magnetic top and USB-c charging ... and it’s a Canadian product. I’m thinking of ordering one for fun :)

Vapouristo

Vapouristo Extraordinaire IG: @Vapouristo
Company Rep
I have a puffco Plus and honestly its a waste of shatter. The only benefit is the low-temp extraction flavour which is BOMB. but if you wanna get the most out of you concentrate its kinda shit

Vapouristo,

JCat

Accessory Maker
@biohacker just bought a stonesmith slash to try it out.

(coupon code “slash” worked for 15% off so total of ~$100CAD ($75USD) shipped)

biohacker

@biohacker just bought a stonesmith slash to try it out.

You obviously didn't see my post this morning? Fortunately their CS is next level, shame the product falls short. Hope yours isn't DOA like 2 of mine were.

but if you wanna get the most out of you concentrate its kinda shit

You must be doing something wrong. Temps green and white deliver true rig like hits with incredible flavour, clouds, effects, etc.

Vapouristo

Company Rep
You must be doing something wrong. Temps green and white deliver true rig like hits with incredible flavour, clouds, effects, etc.
Any recommendations would be appreciated, It collects dust in the back of my desk drawer while i hit VRod dabs.

BTW i always used small amounts for the best results but it was a pain to clean and reload.

biohacker

Any recommendations would be appreciated, It collects dust in the back of my desk drawer while i hit VRod dabs.

BTW i always used small amounts for the best results but it was a pain to clean and reload.

I'm not sure what to say because it's so fool proof in terms of technique that you can take long slow draws or even harder short pulls and get wicked tasty vape output. Have you tried removing the built in dab tool? That was a pretty big game changer in my experience. I wish they never even included it in the design.

Cleaning is pretty easy because you don't even really need to that much? You can just keep adding oil to the bowl or just use an easy qtip? Then upside down you can fire it a little and you'll see the oil magically appear from underneath the atty lol

Reloading I found a breeze with my Highly Educated Slot/flat dab tool. Shatter must be even easier to just drop in tiny balls.

Vapouristo

Company Rep
You obviously didn't see my post this morning? Fortunately their CS is next level, shame the product falls short. Hope yours isn't DOA like 2 of mine were.

just tried the shatter in it for the first time, fully charged, and it hit decent. I guess i never really tried it with proper extracts.

biohacker

just tried the shatter in it for the first time, fully charged, and it hit decent. I guess i never really tried it with proper extracts.

Honestly I get flavours that rival my ruby insert when the atomizer is still "fresh" (especially new lol). Nothing like that ceramic bowl and short vape path! But there is also something magical about Puffco's heating algorythms where flavour kicks ass and doesn't burn unless you're stupid about it.

@Vakas it's been a minute, did you get your Plus? :brow:

Last edited:

bm96

Your comment sold it for me. I am about to put an order in. Can you please share some tips?
Best way to use/clean/store it. Any parts or extras needed you think? Best kind of concentrate to use?

I'm loving mine that I just got 2 days ago. I had a Boundless Terp pen about a year ago that I used for a while.

Iso alcohol with q tips and making sure the dab is melted down a bit before are my best tips so far

Top Bottom