Puffco wax pen

AVENTUS

As for my drilling, I urge others to drill only the side holes on their atomizers first, and only if they find airflow insufficient at that point, to then drill in the mouthpiece.

i love how free the airflow is with al the holes but others may think the hits are too airy.

AVENTUS,

tylerj55

Yeah that sounds crazy to put a plus coil on a TC mod box! But I'd love to hear more!
I have not heard anyhing good about the source atty's. I do use my Plus atty on a box mod with the lowest wattage setting possible which is 10 on my mod in TC mode. Works great!!! I have consistently good flavor and I love it so much more than other pens.
Sorry for such a late response, school has been really been piling up lately lol. http://relytsdk55.tumblr.com/
I only have two posts and they are both a video of the Plus atomizer on the mod in TC mode, and also a pic of the adapter used. The center pin has to be brass/gold it seems, as my other 510 adapters without that type of center pin have not worked.

tylerj55,

AVENTUS

2vvp24g.jpg

Holes at that exact height, allow more airflow than holes placed above them, but aren't too low where they will interfere with inner ceramic support structures. I think two on opposing sides works very well with the combo hole in the mouthpiece.

I will eventually try to cross drill another two on the first atomizer which starts to get long in the tooth, and then test airflow, while covering up the carb hole on the mouthpiece.

Anyone else trying this same experiment, I would advise to drill four holes on just the atomizer walls and report back before drilling a carb hole in the mouthpiece.

I have another idea I am also going to do with the drill press.

AVENTUS,
Reactions: PPN

AVENTUS

Has anyone else drilled the airholes on their puffco ? How many here own puffco plus pen ?

AVENTUS,

AVENTUS

It's a great pen, utilizing HIVE CERAMIC in it's chamber. This might be the first pen, along with the linx Hypnos Zero and Kandypens ELITE, that make people realize pens finally don't suck.

HIVE CERAMIC IS :
  • MEDICAL & FOOD GRADE
  • CHEMICALLY INERT
  • NON CORROSIVE
  • ALL NATURAL
  • NONPOROUS

They just have to free up the airflow, and at that point, it may be the best pen on the market.

AVENTUS,
Reactions: JCharles

nosmoking

Just so Dab HAppy!
My Source 40w mod box stopped noticing the Source attys today...so I dropped by a LHS today and picked up a Puffco Plus. I can't say too much yet, but the atomizer is more or less what I was hoping/expecting from the Source Terra 2 or Source nail attys since they are coil-less. The Puffco is narrower as it goes down but it is also much deeper than the Source attys so I anticipate less leaks with this one. I did notice airflow was a bit restrictive...might have to find my drill later but I have some reading to do first.

nosmoking,

AVENTUS

My Source 40w mod box stopped noticing the Source attys today...so I dropped by a LHS today and picked up a Puffco Plus. I can't say too much yet, but the atomizer is more or less what I was hoping/expecting from the Source Terra 2 or Source nail attys since they are coil-less. The Puffco is narrower as it goes down but it is also much deeper than the Source attys so I anticipate less leaks with this one. I did notice airflow was a bit restrictive...might have to find my drill later but I have some reading to do first.
i recommend not drilling the mouthpiece, until you have drilled two holes in the atomizer first, then if that airflow isn't enough for you, try 4 around the atomizer, and only the mouthpiece if you still want more airflow after that.

I love free airflow, so my likes may seem extreme to some. But two holes or four holes in only the atomizer, may be sufficient for your needs.

Also drill slowly and with light pressure, and blow off the brass dust frequently, so that when you finally do break thru, little to no dust falls into the newly modified airpath.

AVENTUS,

AVENTUS

Does anyone else feel like the airflow holes being so low on the walls actually had multiple negatives instead of just one ?

1. Obviously it prevents from loading large loads and enjoying the pen all day while out. Which is the whole point of pens is that they're portable and discreet for on the go.

2. Incoming air actually pulls bubbling concentrate away from from the bottom heat source of the cup, and makes it stick to the walls, or the collar of the dart which then causes clogs and even concentrate being pulled up into the mouthpiece.

This results in having to clean the pen way more often, and it sucks.

They need to rethink airflow in multiple ways to avoid these downfalls, as these Maladies occurred with or without drilling/modification, and with or without the dart in. Airflow holes so low are the least progressive and most dysfunctional part of this pen's otherwise very advanced state of the art design.

AVENTUS,

thegoo

Has there been any information on the upcoming release of the Puffco Pro 2? I just get an email that the pre order was open, but I was not even aware another pen was on the way...

thegoo,

toros23

Has there been any information on the upcoming release of the Puffco Pro 2? I just get an email that the pre order was open, but I was not even aware another pen was on the way...

They have been putting out information via Instagram since last week. It is just an update to their first coil-based pen.

toros23,

AVENTUS

So what has Puffco spent all this time on the last year ?

It certainly wasn't improving airflow or function or temperature settings on the plus ? Maybe they will. We'll see later this year.

As for this "new" single coil pen:

Pros:
1. Sesh mode (which all new releases should have some form of, in 2017)
2. Tapered atomizer base (reclaim pools closer to coil)

Cons:
1. Single coil (2013 af)
2. Coil glows red (850'f+) - wastes wax with combustion, creates carcinogens like benzene, carbon monoxide, etc
3. Airflow coming from underneath coil
---A. Will clog without cool down hits with any type of concentrate
---B. An immediate non-starter for terpy extracts, distillates, RSO, Co2 oils, or any melted down concentrate in liquid state
4. Puffco just had an overheating problem with the chamber's on the plus, so Gasket to hold mouthpiece on sitting directly on outside of atomizer is concerning depending on how hot these atomizers get, and what the material itself is (high temp buna-N maybe?)

xru0fspbfso1dl3p.png

nuptijyd6qq00jq1.png

I think this is a terribly outdated release, but I guess sadly there is still a demand from the lesser educated dab pen consumer, for the same old thing with sesh mode.

Def won't be copping.

AVENTUS,

Crohnie

Crohn's Warrior
Just got my Puffco Pro 2 the delivered today. Charged it fully, but it won't turn on. WTF? :mad:

EDIT: I finally managed to get it turned on. Not easy.

Last edited:
Crohnie,

420time

Its a nice pen, but expensive for replacements and it craps out easily. Either stock up on puffco plus parts at around 110$ for 9 coil-less chambers or an alternative, of figuring out which new wax pen to get. Either the source orb with the terra 2 or wait till divine tribe releases new atomizers.

Last edited:
420time,

JCharles

FC 06/06/2017 | ACMPR 26/07/2017
My Puffco Plus from PlanetVape arrived today. I tossed a few accessories into the cart as well.

Took it for a test run with some Ultra Megalodon from Skunk & Panda.

2d6p5bk.jpg

JCharles,

JCharles

Is it ok to toss the Puffco Plus chamber in some ISO?

I want to get the black out of the bottom of the chamber.

Qtips clean the walls well enough, but do nothing to that nasty black circle in the bottom of the chamber.

I'm thinking a quick bath in 99% ISO and a clean water rinse would take care of it. Or maybe the PBW cleaner that is so highly regarded for glass pieces?

JCharles,

notoriousLrg

sTrange cLouds
Is it ok to toss the Puffco Plus chamber in some ISO?
I want to get the black out of the bottom of the chamber.
I've found that that ring comes when you run the plus a little too dry. Of the 7 plus carts that I have in rotation, if I refill before there is any indication that the area just below the dart at the bowl is dry, I am able to keep the bottom pristine. I have tried soaking the complete chamber in iso 70 for ~ 10 minutes, but have been unable to get rid of that ring. But honestly, the ring causes no ill affects, at least as far as I can tell.

I have found that it takes ~ 5 days to let it dry after the iso soak when letting it dry naturally. When I have tried to use it after 2-3 days, water burnoff causes lots of crackling. But YMMV.

I personally would not try iso 99. Inside there are a couple of silicone/non metal parts, as well as the pin insulator. 99 may be a little to strong for those components, but if you do, plz let us know how it goes.

4EE9WyO.jpg

jUlLhvr.jpg

Last edited:

JCharles

Thanks for the advice. I will have to watch out for that with my next chamber.

Going to need supplies soon enough anyways.

When I'm ready to toss this one I'll give it a 99 ISO bath and report back.

JCharles,

mixchu69

mixchu69,

JCharles

Youll need the almost universal water adapter (small I think) and some silicone tubing with a 14mm or 18mm / male or female wpa.

I have not tried the adapter but it seems to accommodate a few other small wax pen units.

Silicone tubing may also fit over the mouth piece.

Get the glass adapter from dhgate or suitable. And the tubing can be purchased from delra3dstudios or alternate.

JCharles,

Baked-not-fried

riding the Cannabreak train...
I grabbed one of these up recently at a 35% shop sale. I love it! My question is also about the black ring of burnt product in the bottom of the cup. I personally don't care about how it looks but would very much like to know if it is safe. Also, how long before you swap to a new cup? I currently am throwing caution to the wind as it still hits very well and the taste is just as good, too. Blue is my go-to temp. Sometimes hit Green the first rip for tasty warm-ups. I do love the pen, though. I just hope it's as good as it makes me feel! Have a great day!

Baked-not-fried,

nosmoking

Just so Dab HAppy!
I grabbed one of these up recently at a 35% shop sale. I love it! My question is also about the black ring of burnt product in the bottom of the cup. I personally don't care about how it looks but would very much like to know if it is safe. Also, how long before you swap to a new cup? I currently am throwing caution to the wind as it still hits very well and the taste is just as good, too. Blue is my go-to temp. Sometimes hit Green the first rip for tasty warm-ups. I do love the pen, though. I just hope it's as good as it makes me feel! Have a great day!
If its the plus, the ring is from 1 of 2 things. If the black is stained on and cannot be cleaned out with a qtip then its probably that your running it dry and the ceramic is scorching/burning too hot. Or it could be that the stock battery heat setting is too high. I used them regularly on a Evic Mini Two box mod with a 510 adapter and it worked/works great. I could get a cart to last about a month or so before it would taste bad which i believe is because it would take that long for reclaim to get underneath the cup through the air inlets from overfilling. I stock up and get a 5 count whenever they have their 35% or 25% sales like you mention to keep costs down a little. The cleaner you keep the cart the longer it will last.

Top Bottom