• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

POTV One vs Dotleaf (or other ultraportables suggestions)

ikeonabike

I just discovered that Hopper Labs has disappeared into the ether, which means I can't replace the dying battery in my poor Grasshopper. I think I've narrowed my options down to the POTV One or Dotleaf. I still have Arizer Argo and Fury Edge SE on my radar, but they look a little bulkier (???). I'd love size comparison pictures if anyone has any of these 4 devices. I really like the form factor of the Pax 3, but read it's not great for microdosing. I don't care much about vapor flavor, mouthpiece heat, or cloud size/shape/color. I just want to get high.

Here's what I'm after:

1) Smallest possible. On weekends I smoke while out hiking, backpacking, mountain biking, canoeing, etc. and want something that can disappear into a pocket.
2) Sturdy. I'm probably gonna drop it when I'm out and about (or crash my mountain bike).
3) Inconspicuous design and smell. Something that doesn't scream, "I'm getting high over here!"
4) Efficient microdosing. On weekdays I often toke a pinch in the evening after my kid goes to bed.
5) Simple. I don't want to have to stir my weed. Easy loading on the go. One handed use (no Dynavap).
6) Convection (or hybrid) because it seems better for microdosing, simplicity, and efficiency.
7) Bubbler mouthpiece friendly. This is one thing I always wanted from my GH, but never got around to figuring out.

I was hoping folks with Dotleaf and/or One experience could tell me which best matches these criteria. Particularly interested in:

Which feels smaller in pocket and hand?

Which is more fun to smoke?

Which is more durable? Should I be more concerned about the glass tube on the One or the ceramic oven on the Dotleaf? I wouldn't be swapping ovens, which seems to result in Dotleaf problems.

Which is more reliable? Planet Of The Vapes has a better official warranty than Dotleaf.

How many years of use can I reasonably expect to get out of the One's built in battery? Dotleaf's replaceable battery seems a big plus.

How annoying is the Dotleaf to load? Can it be loaded while I'm walking, or would I need to sit down somewhere with a surface to set all the pieces?

Anyone have suggestions of alternative options that meet my criteria and are no bulkier than the One or Dotleaf? I'm open to paying more if there's a better option.

Many thanks!

Last edited:
ikeonabike,

gotbadvas

I don't think the Dotleaf is being supported as far as I know. I think they were going to make new ovens but did it ever happen? I have a Fury 2 which is similar to the POTV One but the battery is built into the device and it has lost some capacity. Does the POTV One only come with the glass mouthpiece nowadays? I think the old style plastic one is ok but you can never really clean it perfectly and I messed mine up using iso or something.

gotbadvas

I would suggest xmax v3pro or xlux roffu over those units in this category personally
Oh yeah that's a good one the xmax v3pro would prolly be perfect for them if they had a hopper. I had 2 hoppers and was a backer of the crowdfunding campaign they had. I got a DOA twice in a row. Never got the take a hit so I can't compare haha.

gotbadvas,
Reactions: Grass Yes

hinglemccringleberry

V3 pro or Roffu.

DYnavap ticks all your boxes except the 1-handed part.

If you don't like any of the above, then it's down to stuff like the Pax lineup and Davinci IQ or Miqro and Arizer Argo.

I would argue that microdosing is easy with the Pax/Davinci vapes when using their bowl reducer hardware, and you can pack a whole days worth of bud into 1 bowl, making them somewhat efficient, but saving loads for later after taking 1-2 hits is not going to be as tasty an experience as it will be with an on-demand convection vape like the V3 pro or Roffu.

Last edited:
hinglemccringleberry,

cx714

Unregulated Tendencies
Hopper Labs has disappeared, which means I can't replace the dying battery in my poor Grasshopper.
Alternatively, you could buy a new battery.
Whether that’s throwing good money after bad seems to be a judgment call, but it’s certainly cheaper than buying a new vape.

Grass Yes

Yes
Staff member
If I were trying to go as small as possible, and durable, but with a reasonable flavor, I might pick up a low temp battery for carts.

I usually prefer flower myself, but I also don't mind carrying something as big as the TM. There are lots of very compact dry herb devices, but they tend to be uncomfortable to use, conduction heavy and pretty wasteful with your weed.

Old Moderate

I have a 1st gen POTV one and it is very pocketable. I like the cleanliness of the dosing capsules and the curved bubbler provides a nice slow tasty session experience. It is quite durable with the bubbler and easy to take on hikes with a stack of pre-loaded capsules that all fit nicely in a sunglasses case (bubbler filled and attached, doesn’t leak). I don’t have the new dippled stem, but I hear it is much cooler than the older straight glass and even that is fine at lower temps so I bet you could use the new dippled stem it place of the bubbler and the One would be very durable then for outdoor adventures and totally discreet (fits fully in your hand), even more so than the xmax. I also like that if it does break out in the wild it is only $99. I’ve dropped mine and it’s sat in the rain many times and it still works as new. No idea on longterm battery.

Knewt

I have a 1st gen POTV one and it is very pocketable. I like the cleanliness of the dosing capsules and the curved bubbler provides a nice slow tasty session experience. It is quite durable with the bubbler and easy to take on hikes with a stack of pre-loaded capsules that all fit nicely in a sunglasses case (bubbler filled and attached, doesn’t leak). I don’t have the new dippled stem, but I hear it is much cooler than the older straight glass and even that is fine at lower temps so I bet you could use the new dippled stem it place of the bubbler and the One would be very durable then for outdoor adventures and totally discreet (fits fully in your hand), even more so than the xmax. I also like that if it does break out in the wild it is only $99. I’ve dropped mine and it’s sat in the rain many times and it still works as new. No idea on longterm battery.
I have One also the I use while walking the dogs. My major complaint is that the display is impossible for me to see in bright light.

ikeonabike

This is all great info! Everyone seems to love the TM, but that's a lotta money to have in my pocket when I'm wandering around stoned, or on my bike. V3 Pro and Ruffu both look bigger than I'm after. I'd crossed the Miqro off my list because I didn't think it could take a bubbler mouthpiece, but since it can, I'm considering it. Still mostly leaning towards the POTV One. 90 day warranty from Dotleaf seems like a red flag, and I just think it looks like it would be a pain to load if I'm out and about.

AssistedLiving

Welcome to FC, cheers!

I've heard people say the fw7, it has some glass, as does the tm2, maybe the fw8 with the little case for pre-filled ovens?

Last edited:
AssistedLiving,

Grass Yes

Yes
Staff member
Welcome to FC, cheers!

I've heard people say the fw7, it has some glass, as does the tm2, maybe the fw8 with the little case for pre-filled ovens?
FW7 is great for adventuring because the glass retracts and the whole thing is very pocketable. It's also on demand and basically fantastic. Pretty easy to load on-the-go too, with a doob tube. Somewhat tricky to get, sadly. I think the 8 is missing some of these niceties, but I don't have one myself.

My beater vape is an Xmax v3 pro and it works great but it is a bit tall for some of the requirements above. Still a better fit for me for flavor and because it is on-demand than the PoTV One. Although I know a lot of folks really like that one. Cheap and highly recommended.

gotbadvas

FW7 is great for adventuring because the glass retracts and the whole thing is very pocketable. It's also on demand and basically fantastic. Pretty easy to load on-the-go too, with a doob tube. Somewhat tricky to get, sadly. I think the 8 is missing some of these niceties, but I don't have one myself.

My beater vape is an Xmax v3 pro and it works great but it is a bit tall for some of the requirements above. Still a better fit for me for flavor and because it is on-demand than the PoTV One. Although I know a lot of folks really like that one. Cheap and highly recommended.
Since you have the FW7 also how do you compare the Xmax v3? You can't get the strong conduction that I like I suspect but I have a Fury 2 that actually performs quite well but I need to get a new mouth piece. I need to get new beater as I don't take the FW7 out since it can not be replaced. Maybe I get the POTV One mouth piece system for the Fury 2?

Sorry I hijacked your thread a little but maybe something useful will be shared.

gotbadvas,

Grass Yes

Yes
Staff member
Since you have the FW7 also how do you compare the Xmax v3?
They are almost nothing alike. Both are on demand vapes, but that's about it. The FW7 is pretty unique and basically the best hybrid heating that I have tried. The V3 pro is a solid, but typical convection device. It seems like the natural progression for mass market vapes following the vleaf go and others.

For this thread, I find the FW more pocketable and easier to use. Both seem to hold their temp well. The FW is easier to debowler on-the-go simply because you can take off the lid and blow in the MP. I think both would withstand drops and rough treatment, but I would be pretty sad if I hurt the FW. The v3 is the beater because I could easily replace it if it were ruined or stolen by TSA agents.

Zipford

I don't have the Dotleaf but my criteria are very similar to yours and I'd go with the Fury Edge (which I own). The XMAX V3 has better flavor, but is nowhere near as pocketable as the Edge. The POTV One is similar, but the Edge with the stock mouthpiece and smell cover is great for discreet out and about use, especially with capsules. I believe it comes with an adaptor so you can use other mouthpieces/bubblers, etc.

The Edge and 4 capsules is something you can carry around in your front pocket all day long without worries. There are better vapes for sure, but it really fits the criteria you are describing.

ikeonabike

Alternatively, you could buy a new battery.
Whether that’s throwing good money after bad seems to be a judgment call, but it’s certainly cheaper than buying a new vape.

Thanks for the tip about Chosty! I thought I'd exhausted every online option for replacing the battery. I decided to pick up a couple new batteries and stick with the GH for now. It's the perfect vape for my needs, I've just been frustrated that I can only really use it straight off the charger since the battery won't hold a charge. Now I'm trying to figure out simplest way to use it with a bubbler mouthpiece without shelling out much cash. I'm wishing I'd picked up a silicone mouthpiece along with the batteries, since it looks like it helps the GH pair better with glass. Found pics of a DIY mouthwash bottle bubbler someone made that I might try to replicate.

Top Bottom