Post History / Search Ability Gone?

DillGaff

It's been funky for a while.

I remember reading somewhere that it has something to do with the actual website domain ownership administration and the change to a different software to manage the site.

I think... If the search function was working I might be able to find it, kinda a catch22 situation : )

3l3tric

Man, and here I thought everyone had just enabled some really restrictive privacy settings! I checked a couple members' profiles over the past few days doing device research for a DIY project and noticed only one or two posts visible, glad I found this thread to clear things up :spliff:

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member
Yup ! I messaged @pakalolo and he mentioned it is related to the hardware issues that happened recently and we are wating @vtac to fix it . :)

Thanks for pinging me. I didn't know this thread existed.

To be clear, I don't know a lot more that you do. There were hardware problems that prompted @vtac to migrate FC to a new server. Apparently there have been complications. I don't know when it will be finished or whether the search problems will be resolved. I think it's a matter of rebuilding some database indices but I don't know that for certain. Thanks for your patience.

Grass Yes

Yes
Staff member
I am still having trouble searching in threads and for messages by specific members (what do we call members? fuckers?). Maybe it is just me, but it seems to return nothing for most searches today.

Last edited:
Grass Yes,

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member
I am still having trouble searching in threads and for messages by specific members (what do we call members? fuckers?). Maybe it is just me, but it seems to return nothing for most searches today.

Example?

pakalolo,
I don’t know if this is totally fixed. If I view my own post history, I can see every post I made going back to Jan 9 2022, but then it jumps to posts I made in June 2019.

Grass Yes

Yes
Staff member
Last edited:
Grass Yes,

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
Yeah that's what happened when I searched the cheap glass thread, it was only showing me three of my posts, with a pretty basic search term, and I knew I had posted more than that... Sorry I can't be more helpful of a data point! Good luck and thank you!!

Shit Snacks,
Reactions: Grass Yes

RustyOldNail

SEARCH for the treasure...
My last post using SEARCH was on January 7th, 2021.
Hoping this gets resolved, along with the ability to easily use ATTACHMENTS....

RustyOldNail,

Grass Yes

Yes
Staff member
Looks like the last planned downtime today fixed the search issue for me! Thank you.

Grass Yes,
Reactions: vtac
Top Bottom