Discontinued Portable vp-600 review

Clear_Dome

Vaporhead
Glass Blower
Hi,
hehe so this is the VP-600 sold by http://www.halfbakedgoods.net/vp-600.html one the last portable units on the market .This unit is mainly a cylinder of ceramic of about 1/2 inch by 1 inch heater buy a small torch powered buy butane .

this is what the unit look under many angle :

this units came in a nice small box with a small user guide . filling it is easy ,it is like filling a lighter :doh: first thing I notice was the lighter is realy realy tight in the unit and a bit hard to put in place . so second thing I notice, there is exposed plastic INSIDE THE BOWL :mad:

as you can see on this pix the parts around the screen is made of plastic and it is screw on the female part (at the left) the SS bowl.LOL Know what ? I had put so herb inside and light it LOLLL (this was the scary parts of the test)and it make a decent vapor after about a minute or two :o but the vap smell the heated plastic each time I had use it :disgust: I had cut a lil bit the stock whip cause it is not realy super stealth , you look like someone smoking a walkytalky :lol: cause it is about the same size. this is the the ceramic heater where you put the ss bowl in :

this is the ss bowl :

it is sad cause the vap it self work realy well but the cheap construction of this vap bring me to say that this vap is not a good choice for healt .I will be ready to pay twice of the price i paid for this vap (around 29 $ on ebay or less) the get the same vap but in aluminium and a bit smaller .....I think the torch is made of plastic too :disgust: look at the picture 2 and 3 you can see it ...HAHA I remeber max asking for a sucker for this vap LOL he was so right ! IMO this is a bad result of a good concept !!! maybe the plastic is safe ?? i dunno but just the smell make me want my VG so as a cheap portable go with the VG

ps I use it during about a week inside and outside anf it is pretty butane and weed efficient but now it is on the shelf

Clear_Dome,

SpiralArchitect

? & beyond
Thanks for giving a review. I was wondering when we'd hear about this bad boy. Too bad about the negatives, because the positives seem to shine. I like the design of this vape and it would be really nice with a metal body, but it seems they opted for plastic to save some money, probably.

So, you say it works pretty well? Does it give big clouds of vapor? I realize it doesn't have a variable heat temperature, but you just vape it more/less by turning on/off the flame? Have you burnt any in it?

SpiralArchitect,

Clear_Dome

Vaporhead
Glass Blower
yes it make big cloud !!! also good efficience , the bowl look like the herbalair one , and yes it is temp ajustable , it just depend on how long you heat it .It's also realy hard to burn the material inside the bowl. the vap is not realy air tight too ....so because of that and the poor construction and the poor material use to built it, made of this vap a bad one if you look to vap for healt benefit cause the plastic is exposed to the heat .....and aslo each time I use my bbq my starter have trouble (for a 300$ bbq) so just imagine how the torch work on a vap of 30$ ......at the beginning the torch was workin each time I press the button but just after a week of use the torch was working 1/3 of the time :/ ....I'll probably destroy it to get the heater LOL and use it to built and other getto vap :D

Clear_Dome,

max

Out to lunch
I guess it's too much to expect to get a quality, safe, reliable portable for this price. Maybe some day.

max,

Clear_Dome

Vaporhead
Glass Blower
to be honest I think this is one of the best ''design'' for a cheap but efficient all in one vap ...just by makin it 1/2 the size made of aluminium and it could be an awesome pocket vap

Clear_Dome,

vtac

vapor junkie
Staff member
Nice review, thanks for being the guinea pig.

....I'll probably destroy it to get the heater LOL and use it to built and other getto vap
:brow:

vtac,

ljohns016

ok clear dome u said something about we should get the VG what are you talking about because i want a cheap vape something small and under $100 something i can travel with to hang out with my friends they live a half hour away

ljohns016,

vaporcloud

lurking kiwi
:uhoh: VGs are only $55 US online and very portable. CD was on the money. So whats the problem again?

vaporcloud,

Beezleb

A lighter based vape like the vg, vapor genie as CD recommended is what you are asking for.

Beezleb,

youdontknowme

Clear Dome, I dunno man, I my head I always pictured you lookin like my boy Max Romeo..... not sure why I'd assume that :lol:

AoZ, theres a typo in your sig. I always did like that quote though

youdontknowme,

Abysmal Vapor

Supersniffer 2000 - robot fart detection device
http://weedsmokersguide.com/dragon-vap-portable-vaporizer-review/
"For the earlier version of the Dragon Vap the construction was quite cheap and poor I guess to save money on the price of the Dragon Vap, and many people complained of a burning plastic smell when vaporizing. But the creators of Dragon Vap has listened its customers and totally redone the design by using heat resistant plastic and a better construction design. Here is a video that shows you how easy it is to use the Dragon Vap."
I think they remade it..

Abysmal Vapor,
Top Bottom