Gear portable dab nail?

MinnBobber

Kinda looking around for gear for future dabbing. As a first trial piece, is this something one could use at home and as a portable??
Anyone have experience with this unit?
Thanks

electric_nail_trek_1024x1024.png

MinnBobber,
Reactions: shredder

nosmoking

Just so Dab HAppy!
Kinda looking around for gear for future dabbing. As a first trial piece, is this something one could use at home and as a portable??
Thanks

This can be used at home and on the go. Besides the Puffco Peak, these seem to be the best option out there for a quick dab like session on the go IME. The latest Greenlight version has XL size nails and a SiC dish and Temp Control. Not sure if any manufacturer is making theirs better than the others.

If your not in a hurry, there may be another device releasing soon called the Switch by Dr. Dabber.

shredder

This can be used at home and on the go. Besides the Puffco Peak, these seem to be the best option out there for a quick dab like session on the go IME. The latest Greenlight version has XL size nails and a SiC dish and Temp Control. Not sure if any manufacturer is making theirs better than the others.

If your not in a hurry, there may be another device releasing soon called the Switch by Dr. Dabber.

I'd love to test that sic dish portable. I'll have to google it.

So far I haven't really seen a portable enail that I would consider, but this tech is moving fast.

shredder,

Tomfool86

I would recommend a saionara or sequoia with the HVT bubbler over that style myself.then you'd have semi accurate temp control and alot better batt depending on whether you grab a 2 or 3 battery mod.
I had a few of the dr dabber boost and they just burnt dabs and broke. I hear some of the new styles are better but still not quite there. This one that you linked op I belive was one of the better ones out.

nosmoking

Just so Dab HAppy!
I'd love to test that sic dish portable. I'll have to google it.

So far I haven't really seen a portable enail that I would consider, but this tech is moving fast.
You can buy just the SiC nail if you already have a HE-nail, Bolt or other portable enail devices using a ceramic rod heater. The only problem with the SiC nail is the trough is too narrow due to the big center post area. The gap is only about as wide as 2 credit cards so no getting a q-tip in there let alone a dabber. You end up having to dab on top of the center post area and let it melt down into the trough. I still have not figured how to clean it between sessions as I have only used it about 6 times. It worked well and taste was pretty much on par.
http://puffr.com/sic-nail-greenlight/

https://www.greenlightvapes.com/product-page/sic-nails

florduh

I would recommend a saionara or sequoia with the HVT bubbler over that style myself.then you'd have semi accurate temp control and alot better batt depending on whether you grab a 2 or 3 battery mod.
I had a few of the dr dabber boost and they just burnt dabs and broke. I hear some of the new styles are better but still not quite there. This one that you linked op I belive was one of the better ones out.

THIS!!!!!

I've tried just about everything, and the Top Airflow Saionara with a titanium bucket is the best portable solution I've found. If you want to kick it up a notch, get their bubbler with carb cap. If you REALLY want to kick it up, grab a directional carb cap.

I was really excited about Greenlight's SiC dish. But it tasted awful, sorry to say.

friedpiper

Always blazin' new trails..
Thanks

I have one that looks almost just like that, sold by Dr Dabber. Overall I have been happy with it for a portable unit.. (I keep it at work now lol) Might want to check out theirs instead. There are different custom glass attachments available for it also. The glass that comes with it is ok, but could definitely be improved upon. I can say also that their customer service is top notch. I had an issue with one of their pen chargers and they sent me a new one out without even receiving the old one back yet

nosmoking

Just so Dab HAppy!
THIS!!!!!

I've tried just about everything, and the Top Airflow Saionara with a titanium bucket is the best portable solution I've found. If you want to kick it up a notch, get their bubbler with carb cap. If you REALLY want to kick it up, grab a directional carb cap.

I was really excited about Greenlight's SiC dish. But it tasted awful, sorry to say.
I really have not used the Greenlight SiC nail but 5 or 6 times so mine is still pretty fresh and each time I used it with an adapter through a regular sized bubbler rather than the little ones they send. I really didn't notice an off taste. I only use the lower heat setting and I checked the temp all the way through the heating session and it only gets about 525F on my device at its peak high heat. Of course back to back hits are going to make for a hotter nail each consecutive session/hit. Perhaps the reason I have not noticed an awful taste is due to different device or temperature, but you have me concerned that maybe I just have not used it enough to notice yet.

I have looked into the TA Siaonara recently but ended up deciding to wait a little longer to see what comes out. Is the Ti bucket coil less? How is splatter and efficiency? Is the bucket tall by chance?

@pyschonaut I have the coil less panda brain and mouthpiece coming my way as well. $24 this way and I don't have to spend extra money on their battery. Not bad just to try it out.

I also ordered the Motar. It looks like a bust honestly but I actually want to try the mouthpiece on the QQ if it fits.

I have been relying on the QQ myself lately. Its finniky and runs hot but does the job for now. A taller bucket and mouthpiece options would make it much better IMO.

florduh

I really have not used the Greenlight SiC nail but 5 or 6 times so mine is still pretty fresh and each time I used it with an adapter through a regular sized bubbler rather than the little ones they send. I really didn't notice an off taste.

I used Greenlight's TC Port about 6 months ago. I found the SiC insert to have an off taste, but perhaps they've improved in the meantime. When using the TC-Port I tended to only use the titanium and quartz dishes.

I have looked into the TA Siaonara recently but ended up deciding to wait a little longer to see what comes out. Is the Ti bucket coil less? How is splatter and efficiency? Is the bucket tall by chance?

So the Saionara Ti Buckets are heated by a donut coil. But the newest version is "sealed" so there's no chance of leaking down onto the donut coil itself.

I experience very little splatter on my Top Airflow Sai. Less than most wax pens.

The efficiency is great, but it works best with small amounts. There is the larger "Sequoia" atomizer for bigger dabs. I just don't find this necessary.

I wouldn't call the bucket "tall", but it's tall enough that nothing comes "bubbling" out, even when I load more than I should. It's definitely wider than the Source bucket I had tried previously.

Each Ti Bucket costs $12 I think. They last a long time too. Haven't blown one out yet.

mephisto

The Sequoia gets hot as balls! Be sure and grab the heat sink to protect your power source/mod. I don't care much for the Seq. While my QQ gets upgraded, I have gone back to temp controlled Ti coils. I know some folks don't like coils, but used with temp control for me they are the cat's ass.

There is a quartz insert available for the Sai and Seq. top breathers, however I don't believe they are restocked yet at HVT.

mephisto,
Reactions: florduh

florduh

The Sequoia gets hot as balls! Be sure and grab the heat sink to protect your power source/mod. I don't care much for the Seq. While my QQ gets upgraded, I have gone back to temp controlled Ti coils. I know some folks don't like coils, but used with temp control for me they are the cat's ass.

There is a quartz insert available for the Sai and Seq. top breathers, however I don't believe they are restocked yet at HVT.

Yeah that's why I'm sticking with my Top Air Flow Sai. With a heat sink, the heat is managed pretty well. And I honestly don't need a bigger hit than it provides. Especially with the Poseidon bubbler.

I'm also guessing a larger Ti Bucket would take longer to heat up.

I did like using Sai coils... but I haven't seen a need to use anything other than a bucket lately. Just too easy.

nosmoking

Just so Dab HAppy!
Yeah that's why I'm sticking with my Top Air Flow Sai. With a heat sink, the heat is managed pretty well. And I honestly don't need a bigger hit than it provides. Especially with the Poseidon bubbler.

I'm also guessing a larger Ti Bucket would take longer to heat up.

I did like using Sai coils... but I haven't seen a need to use anything other than a bucket lately. Just too easy.
I ordered a TAF Saionara on Thursday and recieved it today! Only tried it once so far but I loved how clean it tasted and how easy it was to use. Do you have any TC recommendations?

The kit says it comes with a quartz bucket but it did not. I had a feeling this might be the case after reading your last post about the quartz so it was not a big deal to me.

nosmoking,
Reactions: florduh

florduh

I ordered a TAF Saionara on Thursday and recieved it today! Only tried it once so far but I loved how clean it tasted and how easy it was to use. Do you have any TC recommendations?

The kit says it comes with a quartz bucket but it did not. I had a feeling this might be the case after reading your last post about the quartz so it was not a big deal to me.

Yeah their shipping is pretty quick.

I have mine set in Nickel mode, 28 watts, anywhere from 370-410 F. My mod has Arctic Fox installed, but I'm not sure it's necessary for the buckets. Just try to make sure the resistance gets locked at room temp.

I haven't messed with the settings once. It may vary based on your mod. Some people set theirs to 30+ watts. At my settings it only takes a few seconds to reach a good temp.

florduh,
Top Bottom