POLL: What's your favorite section of the supermarket?

sour

I like the produce section. I'm not a health freak by any stretch of the imagination but I like to include at least some fresh fruits and veggies in each grocery trip. The fragrant scents, bright colors and occasional spray misters are a treat to the senses. In a world of single serving packages and ready-made mixes it's nice to see food in it's natural form, even if it's sometimes grown in the most unnatural ways. I guess the same could be said of the meat deli.

lwien

lol. Kinda like bathrobes and pajamas. I haven't been to a supermarket in ages either but I remember that the fish section always grabbed my attention. Live lobsters in the tank, beautiful fillet's of salmon and blue fin tuna, mountains of crab legs surrounded by oysters, rainbow trout kind of glistening under the lights.............YUM !!!!

tdavie

Unconscious Objector
Easily has to be the seafood section. Everything lwien said, and add in the mussels, scallops and clams. Picked up some raw shrimp last night and plunked them down in a tandoori/yogurt marinade and then cooked em on the barbeque.

Tom

tdavie,

jeffp

psychonaut/retired
I like the smell and the ambiance of the seafood department but visually i find the cereal section to be the most psychedelic part of the supermarket.

jeffp,

Plotinus

first of all let me just say that jeff, you always post the most enjoyable threads. keep it up.

second this has brought back wonderful memories of last year, when I did all of my shopping here:
mahane%20yehuda.jpg

And if that seems wacky to you, remember that the full market is about 5 times the size of that one aisle pictured in the photo, and it's all outdoor (just with a roof covering).

Plotinus,

jeffp

psychonaut/retired
thanks and amazing photo - is that Israel?
here's my neck of the woods and its attendant supermarket - exterior view:
8607044.JPG

jeffp

psychonaut/retired
actually if you wanted to go to the supermarket or Trader Joe's but couldn't get it together, here's an alternative:

99284.jpg

jeffp,
:o Holy Crap, lwien! I've never seen anything like that in my life. It's beautiful...
Oh, and my favorite section of the grocery store is the cereal isle, also. So many childhood memories...Saturdays and the cartoons they brought... Fighting with my brothers over who gets the toy inside... Sending in UPC codes + shipping and handling for little gizmos I just had to have.

SkeletonLips,

lwien

Which just goes to prove, we can adapt to just about anything.:/

lwien,

Plotinus

Yeah that's the big central market in Jerusalem where everybody does their produce shopping -- and if you're lucky to live close, like I was, where you do all of your shopping. I didn't even have a full size refrigerator in my place because the market was a 30 second walk away. Sure do miss it.

Here's another picture. Thank god I wasn't vaping while I was over there, or it would have been impossible to walk away from all the places that look like this without going broke:
9.jpg

DevoTheStrange

Ia! Ia! Vapor Fthagn!
my favorite section of the supermarket is the Foreign cuisine aisle. I always try to find one in any market I go to.... unless its a foreign food market then I'm totally blissed out.

DevoTheStrange,

EveryDayAmnesiac

I like a good farmer's market or what have you as much as the next guy, but sometimes I do indeed crave the supermarket vibe.

I tell you, I spend a good half hour each time in the International Cheese section. So many kinds of cheese! Stuff I've never tried. Stuff I've never heard of. Stuff I could never afford. Stuff so smelly it would make my head spin. Talk about psychedelic! :lol:

Cheese! Cheese! Cheese!

Remember that old Seinfeld bit where George thinks the apex of bachelorhood is being able to bite into a big block of cheese? That's me.

Also, I was disappointed that there was no actual poll. :cuss:

EveryDayAmnesiac,
Reactions: SSVUN~YAH
Top Bottom