Please, Is somebody nice can teach me about how to post a video?

PPN

Volute of Vapor
Hi, I know that looks silly but I tried but never was able to load them in Vimeo cause the too small internet flow rate I have. I think it's around 300Mo.

I tried with Imgur or Postimage, one of this image hoster allows to post videos also but I encountered the same issue, the upload failed.

It's not possible for me to get a better rate, the last internet relay is 8km far of my home and the fiber isn't available atm.

So, is there here somebody able to teach me how to upload video considering that rate?

TIA

PPN,
Reactions: Bologna

Bologna

(zombie) Woof.
So, is there here somebody able to teach me how to upload video considering that rate?
Sure, I'd be happy to help try...!

Are they short clips or long videos that you want to upload?

What are the actual file sizes (in MB)?

PPN

Volute of Vapor
It may depends, but it's pretty short (1-5mn) and I don't use the best image quality, in example I have one which is only 81.6Mo but I have up of 200Mo files also.
The last I did was a MOV file, I know there is mp4...which is the better file sort to use ?

Thank you

Bologna

(zombie) Woof.
I believe Imgur has a somewhat small file size limit, so short clips only really. Depending on resolution, only about couple of minutes. You should check the requirements detailed on each hosting site. From the sound of it, YouTube may be your best bet.

Yes, .mp4 and .m4v are the more commonly used file types on these sites.

No problem at all, we'll get this sorted.

Last edited:

PPN

Volute of Vapor
From the sound of it, YouTube may be your best bet.
Could you elaborate why it's the best bet?

I suppose cause it's dedicaced to videos posting. So mp4 is better than MOV? I think the last I did was in MOV and it was the pre-selected file type I believe. What quality sizeI have to select to get a nice image considering my low internet connection?

Thank you my friend, your help is very appreciated!

PPN,

Bologna

(zombie) Woof.
Could you elaborate why it's the best bet?

I suppose cause it's dedicaced to videos posting. So mp4 is better than MOV? I think the last I did was in MOV and it was the pre-selected file type I believe. What quality sizeI have to select to get a nice image considering my low internet connection?
Sure, the reason that I suggest YouTube is cuz they can take long hd (large in megabytes) files. And yes, cuz that's what that whole site is basically about, hosting/streaming video.

Here's some info on video formats, resolution etc (MOV should be fine):

And here's a quick tutorial on how to upload to YouTube:

Unfortunately, it's really hard for me to determine exactly what is the most efficient way for you to do this. Too many variables without enough info, as well as personal preference. Generally tho, I wouldn't go below "standard" def. (480i or 720 x 480i). This may be a "trial and error" situation until you figure what works best for you... again, best of luck..! I'm always here to at least try and help!

Bologna,

PPN

Volute of Vapor
Ok, that's some great infos and links, I'll advertise you when I'll post my first! TY

PPN,
Top Bottom