people and their volcanoes...

Acolyte of Zinglon

Wizard-Ninja
take a look, it started as a thread about the vapir one, which i warned about vapir, then a person got it anyway despite the warnings
then the thread turned into me defending the ssv against a raging volcano owner... i talked him into a corner and he couldnt come up with anything to refute what i was saying and his arguments were very weak, its rather sad :/

http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/8901253#Post8901253

Acolyte of Zinglon,

tokinGLX

We cannot proceed.
Access Denied.

Please use your back button to return to the previous page.

gonna have to copy and paste some action if you want us knowing what went on.

tokinGLX,

max

Out to lunch
I'll take your word for it. Some Volcano owners are very defensive about their purchases. Probably something to do with paying $539-669 and still not having access to a nice, big whip hit. :whip:

max,

Acolyte of Zinglon

Wizard-Ninja
ok i hadnt realised that the other drugs discussion was closed to non-members :uhoh: , several of the forums dont even show up until youve been a member for so many months.... ill put it all in quotes for you guys

this is starting in the middle of the thread, i had posted my warning about vapir a week before these posts

plonkerism said:
Well, it arrived today and im impressed! Only complaint is the fucking noise this thing makes... Sounds like a plane taking off :grrr:

Has got me very very high though so i cant really complain :cool: Im using the bag attachments at the moment..

What is the best temp to vape buds at? i cant remember. Im doing 180C/350F now and it works good :wink: Tastes so much better than that damn dome vaporiser..
Zinglons Acolyte said:
it is an improvement over a dome, domes are shit, and its an improvement over smoking, but its not much, you would have been better off getting a china box vape, or gone with one of the high grade ones like the surfer or the dabuddha, which is same insides as the surfer with minor differences to the outside and its cheaper.... 7th floor stands 100% behind their prroducts, and theyre a small business in colorado

very few people actually love their vapirs, usually people love them at first, then they shit out and break and that person is sol because vapir doesnt stand by their product and have very good customer service like some of the higher end units do
Atheist said:
vapir is the worst company ever,
and that vapir one is the worst vaporizer i have ever tried.

volcano is the best hands down, my friend has silver surfer and HATES it,
but hes also comparing to the volcano...

if ur gonna dish out over 200 for a vapo, spend another 150-200 to get the volcano,
you can find cheap volcanos on craigslist sometimes.

volcano gets me soooo much higher than any form of smoking,
a .2g of bud will get two people very high off of one milky bag!!
Zinglons Acolyte said:
i also have friends who have tried both, and many prefer the surfer

it al comes down to different strokes for different folks, whether you prefer a bag or whip vape, bag vapes are very convenient, but whip vapes will give you a much denser vapor (higher vapor to air ratio)

of course if want both whip and bag, the best unit to get is the extreme by airizer, but individually the surfer and the volcano would beat the respective functions on the extreme, the extreme is a jack of all trades master of none

i personally dont buy into the volcano hype, to me it seems overpriced andits construction seems a little questionable, id rather go for a more decently priced whip vape that has an all glass air path and a high vapor to air ratio
Atheist said:
i personally dont buy into the volcano hype, to me it seems overpriced andits construction seems a little questionable,
if you have never owned a volcano (or have never even used/seen one),
you just dont understand.

its handmade in germany and is of the BEST quality,
the vapor it produces is way better than any vapo on the market.

its not priced at 500 for no reason, ya know? its fuckin worth it.

why do you think EVERY volcano owner is practically obssessed??
Zinglons Acolyte said:
well i probably wont be one of those volcano owners, ill be an obsessed ssv owner, i really have very little use for bags cause when i do smoke its on a weekend, my tolerance stays pretty low, and i almost never smoke in larger groups, where the bags really start to be useful, its usually just me or me and one or 2 other ppl
ive seen the insides of a volcano and it wasnt pretty, the thing that most turns me off about it is the aluminum heating element though, ill take an encapsulated seramic heater nstead

plus i just cant justify $500 on a student budget, the surfer costs half as much and will get me just as high

that being said, if i ever do need a bag vape id be more likely to go with a variable heat gun setup than the volcano
Atheist said:
surfer sucks
Zinglons Acolyte said:
in your opinion
Atheist said:
Zinglons Acolyte said:
all that plastic and wires? the air goes through all that shit

on the other hand the only thing the air touches is glass and ceramic here
[image]http://www.silversurfervap.com/assets/images/img.php?f=heater_covers/heatercover.jpg&w=815&h=533[/image]
Atheist said:
the vapor out of a volcano tastes delicious,
vapir one tastes like plastic... most whips give a plastic taste

you cant judge a volcano till youv tried one. c ya.
notice at the end after i talked him into a corner he just deflected the topic back to the original post

his arguments were very weak especially at the end, i find this kind of ignorance very typical of the avid volcano-thumpers ive come across, they think there is no other vape

Acolyte of Zinglon,

Clear_Dome

Vaporhead
Glass Blower
haha this is how volcano owner always react ....I got the same reaction from tc members....remember they pay like 500$ for there vap so they 'll never admit anything wrong about the volcano ...but in fact for this price i'll take 2 ssv or 3 db or maybe 1 ssv and 2 db vaps for the price of a volcano LOLLL :D :D :D this vap is overpriced like other S&b vap ...I'll always prefer glass & ceramic over plastic & aluminium !!!

Clear_Dome,

max

Out to lunch
Well, I would have left plonkerism alone, happy with his Vapir. But Atheist is clueless.

its handmade in germany and is of the BEST quality,
the vapor it produces is way better than any vapo on the market.
Hand assembled anyway, and what vape isn't? The "way better" vapor statement is classic. ;)

i find this kind of ignorance very typical of the avid volcano-thumpers ive come across, they think there is no other vape
There are a good many 'cano lovers who have never tried another good vape, or didn't care for their first whip experience and therefore discount something like the SSV. But there are also some "avid volcano-thumpers" you'll never talk into a corner. They acknowledge other good vapes but still love their 'cano.

I am disappointed to find out that my delicious Surfer hits actually taste like plastic.

Please, whatever you do, don't tell Atheist about our forum. :lol:

max,

vtac

vapor junkie
Staff member
volcano is the best hands down, my friend has silver surfer and HATES it, but hes also comparing to the volcano...
:ninja:

Hahaha what a maroon. Fanboy-ism is always pretty funny to see, the company execs must laugh hysterically. It is kind of fucked up with so much terrible vape info out there, so maybe it's worth arguing with a sheep.

I like how he actually posted the video of a Volcano dissected.

Show Atheist this
openvolcanowa5.jpg
(thanks, CD)

max said:
Please, whatever you do, don't tell Atheist about our forum. :lol:
:rofl:

Volcano-thumper, I like that one. :lol:

vtac,

vtac

vapor junkie
Staff member
partially veiled said:
Or a Ford F-250 ;)
or a 30 foot drop
or a commercial dryer
or a full submersion in water
or 6 'brutal slams'
or a hammer blow into a concrete floor
or the night in a freezer

hehe, i like that last video.

4 Purple-Days vaporizers for the price of 1 Volcano. Hmmmmmmmmmmm.... :lol:

Honestly, not trying to hate on the 'cano, they seem to be able to take some dents.

vtac,

Acolyte of Zinglon

Wizard-Ninja
tokinGLX said:
dont forget to show them the buddha durability test. ask them if their cano can handle a hammer.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gYnIfVd9HtQ
(':
rofl i had already posted that!

great minds think alike eh?

Zinglons Acolyte said:
heres a nice little picture for you
[image]http://img510.imageshack.us/img510/5189/openvolcanowa5.jpg[/image]
Atheist said:
oh ya cuz every volcano is fucked up like that...

thats like me showing u a pic of a crashed car and saying every car is like that
Zinglons Acolyte said:
i never said that every volcano is like that, but obviously this one was, it raises some questions about the construction that it would even be able to GET that bad

on the other hand, check out this video
http://www.youtube.com/v/gYnIfVd9Ht
guy hits the vape with a hammer and it still works
this happened last night, he hasnt come up with any of his half-witty comebacks yet

Acolyte of Zinglon,

vaporcloud

lurking kiwi
We all know the Volcano is over priced but its still the Market Leader as a bag vape and gorey internals aside seems reliable and consistant ... so why wouldn't the owners be singing the praises of their units. FC is primarily a whip users forum and Canos getting a fair whipping on here ... which is somewhat unjust IMO in that they are a fucking solid unit and have been around long enough to have earnt that tag. If they were $200 cheaper there would be no cause for 'stick-poking' by the whip brigade.

In saying that ... this idiot Athiest has put his foot in it with this comment

Atheist wrote:
the vapor out of a volcano tastes delicious,
vapir one tastes like plastic... most whips give a plastic taste

you cant judge a volcano till youv tried one. c ya.
Arnt the bags you fill for the 'Cano made of ummm plastic ??? And isnt the little valve things you suck the vapor out of plastic also?

The Volcano user is one who gets there bag high and shouldn't visit forums because they are usually people who have only ever used or owned a 'Cano and have not experienced the coughing fun of a whip hit :)

vaporcloud,

Clear_Dome

Vaporhead
Glass Blower
vaporcloud said:
If they were $200 cheaper there would be no cause for 'stick-poking' by the whip brigade.
totaly agree !!!! and I also use bag and I still agree and I will add ...probably because they are the expensiviest (not sure of the spelling for this one) vap in the smoke shop ,people think canos are the top ...

Clear_Dome,

vaporcloud

lurking kiwi
Its a marketing tool that works CD. Its called creaming and is all about putting a price on something that makes it scream quality and most of the time it does. Why sell 10,000 units when you can sell 2000, make the same money and get a market position like no other. The Cano has definitly established itself right there ... no need for fancy advertising ... bloody clever bastards those Germans :D

vaporcloud,

jx80

That picture is disgusting, I dont think I would even use a volcano now, if offered. What happened to it?

jx80,

Clear_Dome

Vaporhead
Glass Blower
jx80 said:
That picture is disgusting, I dont think I would even use a volcano now, if offered. What happened to it?
nothing special ...just dirty with the time & use ...yum yum

Clear_Dome,

max

Out to lunch
We all know the Volcano is over priced but its still the Market Leader as a bag vape and gorey internals aside seems reliable and consistant ... so why wouldn't the owners be singing the praises of their units. FC is primarily a whip users forum and Canos getting a fair whipping on here ... which is somewhat unjust IMO in that they are a fucking solid unit and have been around long enough to have earnt that tag. If they were $200 cheaper there would be no cause for 'stick-poking' by the whip brigade.
Yep. I'll agree with that. No need to slam the 'cano except for the sky high price.

Posters like Atheist, OTOH, who are clueless about the vape market and make baseless claims and accusations, put a big target on themselves and deserve to get the shaft.

max,

Acolyte of Zinglon

Wizard-Ninja
ya, i even made sure that i said that the the ssv was the best vape for my purposes

if atheist had said the same thing instead of coming in spouting that shit as fact, i would have let it lie, people like him are what annoy me the most, even though i sometimes get like that if i realize it ill stop, but they think their opinion is gospel, and reinforce their ego with others' opinions that are usually equally baseless

btw hes the guy that turns his volcano all the way up to 9, an still thinks hes vaporizing... :rolleyes:

Acolyte of Zinglon,

partially veiled

Lo Boob Oscillator
Acolyte of Zinglon said:
...even though i sometimes get like that if i realize it ill stop, but they think their opinion is gospel, and reinforce their ego with others' opinions that are usually equally baseless
Righteous AoZ. That's a huge part of the struggle, right...none of us are perfect, but if you react positively when you see what's wrong with what you're saying or the way you're (inter)acting, etc...then you're on the right path, I'd say. That's just me though.

One thing I think we all see in this vaporization community (not necessarily "our" little slice of it, for the most part...but the internet vaporizing community at large) is the tendency of completely uninformed people to form an opinion based almost purely on marketing hype and ignorance and then stand behind it as if it were delivered by a burning bush. :rolleyes: That type of behavior is certainly not limited to Volcano users, but for some reason it seems like there are a lot of people who both own a Volcano and spout this bullshit. It probably has way more to do with the price tag (like VC mentioned...it really is ingenious marketing if you think about it, and people show similar behavior in other markets...it's almost like people WANT to spend lots of money, because they believe that status comes hand in hand with being a "high roller"). Maybe that's not it though, maybe it's something more along the lines of the Volcano being one of the most popular, well known vaporizers, so it's probably the one more people have tried than you're other typical units. Therefore you get more opinion and therefore there it feels like there's more stupid opinions...who knows. The Volcano sure does have an interesting culture built around it though... :/

partially veiled,
Top Bottom