pd vs. dbv vs. ssv [ another help me out thread ]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Purple-Days

Slacking yesterday (root canal, fun stuff) so I missed getting you and answer. Here's part of it from the other thread.

No, the LED just says you have power at the unit. It isn't even needed, and runs in an isolated circuit. IE if the LED (rated at 10 years) ever fails that doesn't stop the vape section from working.

Purple-Days,

max

Out to lunch
if the LED (rated at 10 years) ever fails that doesn't stop the vape section from working.
Unlike the display on a digital box-if the display fails, you're out of business. That's a real pisser on a cheap box, since the display is more hype than useful and accurate. :/

After 4 additional PD bowl weighing tests on 3 different types of herb- loading ten bowls and then weighing those same (unvaped) ten- my results are .28, .25 (1st two are the same type herb), .23, and .27, for an average of .2575. That rounds off to an average bowl of .026g. I'll do a few more test runs but I don't expect to see much difference. I have some 'sticky weed' that I haven't processed yet. I'll test that as well. I expect that sample to be on the low end, weight wise, since the stickiness should allow for a smaller amount to stay secure in the bowl. My .23 sample was the best quality herb of the 3 types tested so far.

max,

SpiralArchitect

? & beyond
vaporcloud said:
Either of these 3 vapes would be good. You gotta throw in the VaporCannon as well. The warranty and happy owners testimony to a great vape :lol:
Absolutely.

If you have any ?'s feel free to ask me. I'm not sure, but I seem to be the only VaporWarez owner here, or at least sole user. There is also a thread around here, but all in all, the VaporWarez is hands down one of the best vaporizers on the market, not to mention it is one of the best priced.

Still, you can't go wrong with any of your choices right now. ;)

SpiralArchitect,

stonemonkey55

Chief Vapor Officer
Manufacturer
I was on the phone with 7th floor today because I wanted to know what size inverter to get for my car if I were to use the SSV in my ride. They said that the machine runs on 25 watts which is less than what I thought. More importantly, I had a chance to ask them the true difference between the DBV and the SSV. The rep informed me that it is the heating element that is different. He said that they source the heating elements from two different places but the one in the SSV is higher quality. He didn?t elaborate on what made it higher quality but just that the element in the SSV costs them more to purchase. Hope that clears things up on some of the basic differences in these two units.

stonemonkey55,

DigitalDavinci

Vapohaulic
I have decided to add to my family for Christmas. DBV is my chioce. SM55 has me a bit worried. The heating element in the DBV is lower quality than the SSV. What is the difference? Is is made with more poor quality materials. Are they safe? What country do they come from? I have emailed 7th floor, but to no anwser. Anyone want to feild this?

I like the hands free compared to the SSV wand, the hits are to be close to the same size as the SSV, and the price is more in the reasonable area. As long as it is safe, then I'll be purchasing one in a few weeks.

I'm with vaporcloud though...the fancy whips aren't important for me, so I'm not too sure what the point is of spending $100+ USD more for the SSV is. I'm sure someone will explain it to me. As for spending 20 more dollars for someone to spraypaint DBV with high temp matte black paint...I think I can handle that for like 5 bucks and an hour of my time if the base is removable? I've read a lot that the DBV, PD is a great combo. I'd be adding my VG to that list, given that it passes my user test this week. If not then the money I make on EBAY for my VG will be added to the 80$ I have saved already for the DBV. At the rate I'm going I'll be able to afford a DBV in about a month. Just in time for the holidays.

:2c:

DD

DigitalDavinci,

Acolyte of Zinglon

Wizard-Ninja
its still seventh floor, and they make quality products all around so i wouldnt really worry about the dbv's element being dangerous, just cheaper probably

Acolyte of Zinglon,

stonemonkey55

Chief Vapor Officer
Manufacturer
When I spoke with Paul from 7th floor (not Tokin) he told me he didn?t know the difference between the two, just that the SSV was higher quality. At the very least, both of the heating elements are made from alumina silica which is supposed to mimic the crystalline structure of a ruby. Tokin says that both of his units function comparably and I think the warranty is the same (3 years) for both units. I can?t really think of a reason not to get the DBV unless you just want the aesthetics of the SSV or like the SSV heater cover.

stonemonkey55,

stickstones

Vapor concierge
I thought I read somewhere in one of these forums taht there is a difference in the heating elements.

Too fucked up to look for it now and football is about to start...

stickstones,

vaporcloud

lurking kiwi
stickstones said:
I thought I read somewhere in one of these forums taht there is a difference in the heating elements.

4 posts prior to your bro :lol:

stonemonkey55 said:
I was on the phone with 7th floor today , I had a chance to ask them the true difference between the DBV and the SSV. The rep informed me that it is the heating element that is different. He said that they source the heating elements from two different places but the one in the SSV is higher quality. .

vaporcloud,

max

Out to lunch
stickstones said:
Here's the real lowdown on the heating element difference-straight from the owner (Steve). He decided to try another, slightly less expensive source for his heating elements. They're made the same way, with the same materials and specs. They should have been identical in performance and reliability. He says he tested them for 9 months (with no problems) on the DBV before using them in production. All the heaters from the new source have been used only on the DBV so far. He's found that a small percentage (like 2%) have less resistence and those result in overheating and failure. So he's not going to buy from the new source again, but is going to use up all the elements he's purchased from them, since the vast majority of them are fine.

So there is no difference between the DBV and SSV heaters. That one purchase, since the heaters were used strictly on the Buddha, is responsible for the incorrect info that the heaters are different on the two units. The DB heater IS currently cheaper in cost, but only because the new batch is being used only with the DBV. As for other differences between the two units (as far as cost of production), I'll quote Steve:

"...the SSV costs more in production time. More cuts, sanding and filing. The base on the SSV is made out of metal not plastic. This costs me almost 4 times more than the DBV plastic base. Oh yes, the SSV is also a powder coated base, adding to the cost. Yes the bags are "free" but they cost me money and the SSV bag again is about 5 times the price now. We just came out with a new bag design. Also, the glass. The knobs take about 15-20 minutes to make. They are not cheap to make. The DBVs knob is about 1/30 the cost of the SSV konb. All glass costs more. Also, for some reason the SSV takes way longer to produce."

max,

vtac

vapor junkie
Staff member
You get a...

goldleaf.png

:D

Good info :tup:

vtac,

stickstones

Vapor concierge
vaporcloud said:
stickstones said:

4 posts prior to your bro :lol:

stonemonkey55 said:
I was on the phone with 7th floor today , I had a chance to ask them the true difference between the DBV and the SSV. The rep informed me that it is the heating element that is different. He said that they source the heating elements from two different places but the one in the SSV is higher quality. .
Dammit man...I have been feeling more stupid than normal...maybe it's the strain?

stickstones,
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom