Pax or Cera

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hannon95

So anyway I'm wanting to buy a Vaporizer. I'm new to vaping and I want to know which one you would recommend. Which creates less odor? Which one conserves your stuff more? Which one is more discreet? Thanks in advance!

mod note: Next time you make a thread for info, don't forget to come back to check for answers.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hannon95,

CG420

Over the horizon u can see the edges of the Earth
Both will smell. Cera is for oils. Pax is for herb. Discreet depends on preference. Cera is heavy, while the Pax is light. Cera has a nack for taste. Pax gets you high but lacks taste due to high temps from settings. Cera is made of medical ceramic and stainless steel/titanium. Pax seems to have a polished matte plastic look and feel. I can guarantee you will go for the Pax if you smoke weed more. The Cera is for those who want wax hits like you would from a blow torch and Ti Nail.

CG420,

green2brown

The Cera isn't just for oils. There's a core for herb as well.

To answer your questions: Pax is more discreet visually. Cera smells less due to utilizing convection over conduction. And Cera conserves more herb due to a significantly smaller load size.

All other determining factors aside though, if you're new to vaping then the Pax will be an easier first time experience. The Pax is automatic. The Cera is more manual. And since a tougher learning curve can be discouraging for first timers, I'd say the Pax will be a more satisfying first vape, with the Cera maybe being a better choice a bit down the line.

I will say that the Cera EO is the hardest hitting portable I've tried with next to no heat up time, but I don't have any experience with the Cera LL.

CG420

Over the horizon u can see the edges of the Earth
I was just basing my opinion on the two. I have both cores and it is proven that the Cera subjects better to concentrates rather than dry flower material. I have experienced numerous amounts of time where the LL core could not physically evenly burn without proper inhaling techniques. Even with proper use it doesn't have much capabilities of multiple sessions as the ceramic body and core retains heat very easily for a while. I, however, experience very little heat from the EO core because it effectively works for oils as said earlier. I never had a Pax but have been following them prior to their release and have chosen the Cera over it because I wanted a portable that wouldn't necessarily smell like flowers but the odor was different enough to throw people off the assumption that I medically use cannabis personally.

CG420,

mvapes

Scratchin' Glass!
Accessory Maker
I agree, totally different. One's specialty is oil and the other strictly flowers.

:hmm:

mvapes,

nopartofme

Over the falls, in a barrel
I have experienced numerous amounts of time where the LL core could not physically evenly burn without proper inhaling techniques.
This reminds me very much of the complaints that some have toward the MFLB. Both work amazing if you learn to work with them.

Even with proper use it doesn't have much capabilities of multiple sessions as the ceramic body and core retains heat very easily for a while.
I disagree, it's experienced usage that makes the heat manageable, depending on your usage scenario (number of people using simultaneously).

I agree that a heavily technique dependant vape is probably not the right choice for a first vape. I'd go further than suggesting the Pax and suggest that a flame powered vape like the VG might be better for learning the ins and outs of vaping, as well as being a more cost effective starting place. The Lotus has less of a learning curve than the VG I think but is more expensive, though there is the prospect of a Massdrop sale in the near future.

Another reason to start with a flame vape is that they are always a good compliment to an electric one that you might get later. It's important to have a backup to mission critical equipment!

In my opinion, the Loose Leaf Cera's specialty is powerful convection vaporization in a supremely cleanable body with swappable batteries, top notch flavor, and comfortable high-temperature vapor delivery without using a water tool. It's not the vape for everyone or even most due to some of the drawbacks mentioned above, but if you're someone who highly values each one of those points I mentioned and don't mind manual drive/technique, I don't think there's anything else on the market that can touch it.

Another option perhaps is the original DaVinci vaporizer? They've gotten mighty cheap now and are probably the stealthiest electronic option at that price point. Haven't used one but I think it's worth looking into.

Last edited:
nopartofme,
Reactions: CG420
I have never used the cera but love my pax. If you are looking for a portable for both wax and flowers, you may want to look into the Pn pro

MoneyVapeTheWorldGoRound,
Reactions: Meghan
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom