• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Pax - All Models

QF1994

I go through phases but I'm currently really enjoying my pax 3 for out and about. I fill the budkups during the week with hemp flower and I'm good for a while, and if I'm going out and want to get lifted, I fill a few with a THC/CBD mix. If I want to kick back and enjoy the process of vaping I have other choices like vapman, dynavap, even my air 2...but if I want to be able to take hits while out and about, nothing is as convenient as the pax+budkups.

QF1994,
Reactions: VegNVape

newola

Recently got a pax 2 here, yes I'm clearly up to date with the latest vape models and tech 🙄.

I love it, great size and amazing battery. I was using the half pack lid for a couple of months with pleasant results but received the new vape vented lid and pusher set yesterday. Ho lee sh!t, it's now a sheer joy to use.

Much better draw and clouds on first petal. Smells a little more but I can live with that.

I fill fairly firmly and have around 4 or 5 pulls on the first petal after work. Then before bed I finish off with another 4 pulls on the second petal. Perfect routine. Flavour is good and decent clouds.

The 3D screen, pusher and vented lid have made a great little vape into a bloody excellent vape for me. Even if I am seriously late to the pax party.

daveshel

I'm new to the forum - just found it the other night. I've been a cannabis aficionado for 50 years, and a year ago I decided to quit smoking. I've had a PAX2 for about a year, and I'm pretty happy with it. I like to stick with flower rather than extracts, and I don't use a smartphone, so the 2 seemed ideal. I bought a half pack lid right off, but from reading here, maybe I'll have to try a pusher.

I've been researching the purchase of an additional vape, and would like to get one that was more along the lines of a one-hitter. I'm sure I'll learn more as I read what's here, but if anyone has a recommendation, all the better.

endof3d

Cognitive Dissonance D4 ++++
I've been researching the purchase of an additional vape, and would like to get one that was more along the lines of a one-hitter. I'm sure I'll learn more as I read what's here, but if anyone has a recommendation, all the better.
Similar vintage. Their are a bevy of butane fuelled and plug in vapes that can be used as one hitters, both portable and desk top. They all differ in some respect as to the amount of convection or conduction used in heating that produces the extraction. People have their preferences with accompany opinions so I suggest researching this site further.

A very popular and inexpensive device worthy of consideration, is a Dynavap. It is possible with a half bowl setting and the proper grind, loading, torch/IH and draw techniques to extract the bowl fully in one hit. Those with more mature lungs will choose a different extraction option. Very active DV thread on FC. Plenty of people there to answer any queries. Hope this helps.

endof3d,

daveshel

I bought a pusher (2Pack Adjustable Sandwich Pusher and 3D Bottom Screen) and it didn't come with any instructions or documentation. So I put the new screen in place, threaded the screw into the pusher, added about a half pack's worth of ground material, and put the original full pack lid on. I tested it and don't see much of a difference. My search for tips led me to some possible you-tube videos, but there were age restricted, and I killed off all my social media accounts years ago. So I wonder if I'm doing it right - am I getting enough pressure between the 2 plates?

Last edited:
daveshel,

Jill NYC

Portable Hoarder
I bought a pusher (2Pack Adjustable Sandwich Pusher and 3D Bottom Screen) and it didn't come with any instructions or documentation. So I put the new screen in place, threaded the screw into the pusher, added about a half pack's worth of ground material, and put the original full pack lid on. I tested it and don't see much of a difference. My search for tips led me to some possible you-tube videos, but there were age restricted, and I killed off all my social media accounts years ago. So I wonder if I'm doing it right - am I getting enough pressure between the 2 plates?
You need to make sure the screw is unscrewed enough to touch the lid - you want no space between them. (Screw can be longer or shorter depending on amount loaded)
I pack it so lid is just able to close flush - even a mm above flush, just to make sure it has no space.
Hope this makes sense!

Also, I just use stock pax screen (which goes in slightly slanted) I never loved the 3-d one it came with, but that is just my experience.

daveshel

Thanks, Jill. My first impression of the screen was that it was an improvement, but not so much if it falls out every time, which could be an inconvenience on a hike. My second test didn't produce any bigger clouds or noticeably bigger hits, so I'm still iffy on this as an improvement. But I'm off on the next experiment!

daveshel,
Reactions: Jill NYC

newola

Dave is your 3d screen 3d on both sides ? As in the replacement part for the original pax bottom of the oven screen?

newola,

daveshel

Yes, I'd say it's 3d on both sides. It has the letters JN stamped on one side, which denotes that it's medical grade.

daveshel,

newola

Just checking as the first 3d screen I bought was flat on one side and was kinda crap. But the new vape kit, pusher, 3d screen and vented lid have really improved my pax2.

Lately, like with my davinci iqc, I've been giving the pax an extra 30 seconds heat soak after they have reached temperature.

newola,

daveshel

Also, I just use stock pax screen (which goes in slightly slanted) I never loved the 3-d one it came with, but that is just my experience.

Doh. I put the flat mouthpiece in upside down so I was not getting much of a hit. Now I'm getting a cloud. Dramatic improvement. I think I like the idea of using the stock screen, as it stays in place better.

daveshel,

BabyRas

First time poster to the forum with a lifechanging pax trick... As background I got my Pax 2 on 4/20 for $80. It was the last dry herb vape on the street, after my Yocan Vane I got from the same store broke after 2 months. After 2 months of Pax 2, only the screen is broken; no longer stays in place regardless of what I do. Ordering more is something I may not do, as I have discovered a trick.

Take a dried chamomile flower and stick the stem up the airpath so that the flower blocks the hole in the oven. This natural filter makes the device hit like a blunt in terms of how hard you have to suck, night and day from that edgy piece of metal. Even my old Yocan Vane had better airflow than pax+screen and I was lowkey cursing this device until I removed the problem part. When the screen sat in the middle (it stayed there for a 2 week trip once which was badass) it was great, but this method still clogs less.

I usually don't like spliffing with chamomile (it competes with weed too much and makes its less fun, unlike lavender), but just one flowerhead doesn't effect the high or flavor. I did this last night for a couple bowls and am about to do it again.

TL;DR: using a chamomile flower instead of a screen improves the feel of vaping by 100%. Felt higher too, maybe just because the trench is even bigger now.

Edit: Madness before me. The chamomile flower somehow end up on top of the bowl after stirring; that did not happen last night. Vaping entirely screenless, still getting fat clouds with raised mouthpiece (flat mouthpiece become permanently warp an don fit, raised mouthpiece forever). Going to finish my edit when I can say how this goes; I vape the whole trench with no issue. Blessed love.

Last edited:

BabyRas

I've been emboldened by my minimalist approach. I will remove the mouthpiece and instead put my lips on some anti-fall/pro-grip rubberbands I've wrapped around the unit. The only thing I can think of going wrong is this device becoming even smellier. All I care about is getting the vapor to me and, as hard as the raised mouthpiece is, I can't image that it can do anything but hurt in that department. Drop the top, I say. I'll report how it goes, though I doubt I am covering any new ground not trod by seasoned paxxers.

The screen is tied under another set of rubberbands at the rear of the unit with the stirrer stem. For the soursop stem I use to stir, it is an honor to be there, but for the screen it is a punishment, akin to a sailor being tied to the mast—but I hope it straightens the screen out too, eventually.

Edit: oh yeah its no question. no cap produces godly draws every single time. i also took the advice of previous pages and packed with like 1/3rd more weed but having no mouthpiece is really something. pax doesnt even get hot up there and it is like magic now. it now and only now surpass the rare high moments of the short-live yocan vane. it is harsher though, giving me flashbacks to smoking outta pipes on freezing rooftops. not that bad but u receieve al the dirt that usually is on the mouthpiece after each sesh... but u also get all that oil and i can feel it.

and definitive proof that this is how pax was meant to be used is that i am getting way more feedback from the vape now. seeing purple a playful amount now, whereas it was rare with either mouthpiece sometimes never showing up for days at a time. got it on each petal now.

edit 2: words and letters and wobbling... please believe what i tell you. unless im out and about and could chip my tooth, im always going to run primeval stock from now on, no screen no mouthpiece. a better man than i would run no lid, and no lid is actually official pax doctrine for packing the oven "you should be able to shake it upside down without a lid"...

and u dont even need any rubberband mouthpiece lol, yocan mouthpiece got x10 hotter

edit 3: lol, do they have anything to hit it out of the other end? im no† a capitalist nft dropshipper type so id have no idea how to make it so please steal the idea. pax fell and made that cross in the prior sentence. perfect love

Last edited:
BabyRas,

3dayphunk

Hey all... Looking for some Pax 2 to Pax 3 input. I've had a Pax 2 for years and it's been great. Thinking of going to a Pax 3 for the faster to temperature and a new, longer lasting battery. How does the battery life compare between the 2 and 3?

3dayphunk,

Jill NYC

Portable Hoarder
My goodness. That puck looks spent to me. And you get 2 more sessions of productive vape? Wow!
I know this is from awhile ago, and you never asked, but I’ve been meaning to do a pic for this, finally got around to it.

Here is a pic of the herb after each level. Please note, because I took the herb out after each session, no puck ended up being made, so it ended up a little messier than I’d like. I started with about 0.17g of fresh herb.
Also, the flavor is pretty AWFUL by level 3,4 - but I still was able to get several clouds & high from every level.
60-EA9-C19-B821-4-DF9-82-F4-1-E5-A073-BC076.jpg

Personally, what I like to do is add a sprinkle of fresh buds to the top of oven after every level, makes the flavor much more palatable (Which I did not do for this pic)

@BabyRas - without the screen are you cleaning it more often? Are you getting any rogue herbs when taking a hit?

@3dayphunk - I can’t compare cause I never had the 2.
@Mr. Me2 - do you notice a significant battery difference now that you have a 3?

Jill NYC

Portable Hoarder
I got an email from Pax that said a New Lineup was coming, and the prices on Pax 2 and 3 would be lower. Does that mean they’re coming out with a new Pax? Pax 4?!
I just got that as well.
It says, as of today, they are lowering prices on all 2 and 3‘s and
new lineup coming in the Fall.

Vapetrees

Vaped Out
I just got that as well.
It says, as of today, they are lowering prices on all 2 and 3‘s and
new lineup coming in the Fall.
Nice thanks for the clarification. Wonder if they will change the design or just update the hardware again.

Last edited:
Vapetrees,

Mr. Me2

I know this is from awhile ago, and you never asked, but I’ve been meaning to do a pic for this, finally got around to it.

Here is a pic of the herb after each level. Please note, because I took the herb out after each session, no puck ended up being made, so it ended up a little messier than I’d like. I started with about 0.17g of fresh herb.
Also, the flavor is pretty AWFUL by level 3,4 - but I still was able to get several clouds & high from every level.
60-EA9-C19-B821-4-DF9-82-F4-1-E5-A073-BC076.jpg

Personally, what I like to do is add a sprinkle of fresh buds to the top of oven after every level, makes the flavor much more palatable (Which I did not do for this pic)

@BabyRas - without the screen are you cleaning it more often? Are you getting any rogue herbs when taking a hit?

@3dayphunk - I can’t compare cause I never had the 2.
@Mr. Me2 - do you notice a significant battery difference now that you have a 3?
Battery life on both always seemed solid. A noticeable difference never jumped out to me.

Interested to see what comes out next! Wonder why I didn’t get that email (yet)?

maremaresing

I'm just happy they intend to keep a dry herb line instead of their horrible pod devices. Dry herb is much more earth friendly (and of interest to me), though I know they make money hand over fist with pods. Would have been a shame to let the Pax line wither, because it's awesome as an ultra portable.

The cheap rubber caps for the pax change the game for keeping smell in, and grime out. A recent festival proved this out as my hands and pockets were a biohazard, but I could use the device with confidence the mouthpiece was clean.

Not really sure how they could improve on the pax format outside of hardware improvements, but I'm sure their engineers know better than I on that front.

Vapetrees

Vaped Out
Battery life on both always seemed solid. A noticeable difference never jumped out to me.

Interested to see what comes out next! Wonder why I didn’t get that email (yet)?
I just recently had bought a Pax2, after I sold my old one years ago, for the same reason since people on YouTube were saying the 3 was not worth the upgrade from the Pax2. I got it for like 120 shipped to my house, and used it at some reggae concert I went to. It was perfect for that.

Vapetrees,
Reactions: Mr. Me2
Top Bottom