• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Pax - All Models

TeaCup

Would anyone know if there's any mods out there for a glass mouthpiece? I'd like to get a couple conduction vapes and so far the best thing I'm seeing is the silicone water adapter. I can do that in a pinch, but not long term. Thanks!

TeaCup,
Reactions: Jill NYC

Jill NYC

Portable Hoarder
Would anyone know if there's any mods out there for a glass mouthpiece? I'd like to get a couple conduction vapes and so far the best thing I'm seeing is the silicone water adapter. I can do that in a pinch, but not long term. Thanks!
I only have a silicon adapter and it’s just okay. You have to remove it to manually change levels/turn off. And the Pax tends to time out often with it. But like you said, it works in a pinch. I have yet to find an in-stock glass adapter- but would love to find one as well.
However, the Pax is pretty smooth with just the raised mouthpiece and I personally don’t find water necessary for big clouds.

Come to think of it, how has Pax not come up with their own water adapter by now?? The Pax 3 has been out since 2016 - the Pax 2 even longer… missed opportunity for sure.

TeaCup

However, the Pax is pretty smooth with just the raised mouthpiece and I personally don’t find water necessary for big clouds.

Yeah sorry, shoulda said that it's not for vapor temps, it's that I really don't like the feeling of silicone or plastic on my lips at all. Especially when the mouthpieces aren't tube shaped, and that's really the only reason I could do the adapter in a pinch.

I'm not in any hurry whatsoever, I'll comb the net between now and 420. I've come to the conclusion that I really really really want some conduction in my life, and that I really really really hate "drops" as the only way to get a device, so I fear I'll never get past the number 7 that I have now in the Firewood lineup.

Jill NYC

Portable Hoarder
Yeah sorry, shoulda said that it's not for vapor temps, it's that I really don't like the feeling of silicone or plastic on my lips at all. Especially when the mouthpieces aren't tube shaped, and that's really the only reason I could do the adapter in a pinch.

I'm not in any hurry whatsoever, I'll comb the net between now and 420. I've come to the conclusion that I really really really want some conduction in my life, and that I really really really hate "drops" as the only way to get a device, so I fear I'll never get past the number 7 that I have now in the Firewood lineup.
Oops, sorry my bad! I misread.
Here are a couple that look promising (and are in stock) from a quick Google search:
https://verdampftnochmal.de/products/en/PAX2-Glass-Mouthpiece

Good luck with your search!

TeaCup

Oops, sorry my bad! I misread.
Here are a couple that look promising (and are in stock) from a quick Google search:
https://verdampftnochmal.de/products/en/PAX2-Glass-Mouthpiece

Good luck with your search!

Good lord, thank you! I ALWAYS forget about using bubblers dry since I don't own/use water pieces. I really really need to bookmark that more prominently in better sight for myself :doh:, I think I tend to over think some of these mods. I see a Pax in my future. :nod:

Edit: Oh.......I soooooooooo already found a perfect bubbler on Google in 0.59 seconds, says Google!

Last edited:

VegNVape

Increase the Peace
Company Rep
@Mr. Me2 I never liked the vented lid pusher - you still need a lot of weed to fill it to get a good experience.
With the stand alone pusher, I can go as low as around .050g and still have a great few sessions.
YMMV but I highly recommend going with the one NOT attached to lid.

@VegNVape - that is the one I initially got, and as mentioned above, i didn’t like it. the results were the same as the half pack, and for me, that still needs way more weed that I want to put in for a single person session.
But, if you already are happy with the half pack and just want to have less plastic in your air path, that is a good option.

That's good info, thanks @Jill NYC. To be honest, after being used to the standard size oven of the original Pax for several years & later on dealing with taco screens I was simply happy to have a good solution to a full pack - I hadn't even considered going smaller than a half pack oven but can see how it would be useful at times. In that case, I too would likely go with the separate pusher if I was to purchase an alternative solution to the half pack lid, but I'll probably just stick with it for now as the 'plastic' (or whatever it is) doesn't bother me - mainly because it is a genuine accessory from Pax & I do trust them to know what they are doing on that score.

I have never used a purpose made adapter when pairing my Pax2 with glass - I just plug a short RBT (Zion, Milana) stem into my glass piece and then push the Pax (silicone mouthpiece removed) against the mouthpiece of the stem to create an airtight seal. This seems to work well for me.

Ah interesting, I'd not seen that glass mouthpiece before which you linked at Verdampftnochmal - that looks pretty nice & a good alternative for native Pax hits if you don't like the feel of plastic or silicone.

:peace:

TeaCup

@Jill NYC - Lol......Holy crap I must be having a bad 24 hours, I totally missed the link to the glass Pax mouthpiece you posted, I just saw the pic to Pete's. Now 420 seems like a lifetime away.........may order before weekend is over! Super cool, thanks for that. :rockon:

maremaresing

Not chiming in here to drop a ton of pics or full review or anything because I simply don't have it in me. But I just gotta say, after 4 days with the pax 2, I'm simply blown away. If the battery was replaceable it would be the *perfect vape*(tm). As it is, I can accept that and will surely buy another when this dies.

Still in the early stages, and there have been other vapes this year that I've gone full NOPE on after loving them. But still, the pax owns and I'm not surprised it's gotten so much hype from day one.

Pax rubber caps fix the primary dealbreaker I had with the pax; having to touch the mouthpiece to operate. Seriously, the person who signed off on that should be shot. 10 years ago, I would understand being called a "germaphobe", but after 2020 can anyone disagree with me? Oh I just opened this public door and after getting off the elevator let me put my grubby paws on the place my mouth will spend minutes touching. Ugh.

But the caps? With the raised mouthpiece, you can activate it by pressing the cap. It wont happen accidentally, but you can do it when you want by pressing the exact spot. Then you can remove the caps while it's warming up. Brilliant. Even though this is my special pretty new shiny, I might just end up bringing it out with me because of that.

Ultra small and minimal vape that gives great clouds with excellent efficiency. Don't understand why everyone says it's not efficient. Guess nobody is doing cooldown hits or final stirs or something else. Plus, I only run CBD through it, so I like that it takes a .33g pack and hits hard.

maremaresing,

Robert-in-YEG

For those using the Pax, what about the smell?

When I carry my Starry, my wife says she can smell it. The ArGo with sealed, unvaped tubes doesn't seem to have less smell. A few days ago, I made the mistake of forgetting a used aroma tube in the car. The next morning, the car smelled like burnt cabbage.

Here in Canada, cannabis is legal. It can be used pretty much anywhere people smoke cigarettes. There is still, however, old stigma and old norms, from before legalization. People who wear suits and ties, or who work in senior executive positions do not use cannabis; it doesn't matter if it is medical. No one would bat an eye if someone came home from work and had a drink; I'm not so sure about how coming home and having a vape would be viewed?

Robert-in-YEG

famous-quotes-not-all-those-who-wander-are-lost-jrr-tolkien-wisdom-quotes.jpg

Robert-in-YEG,

maremaresing

It smells a fair bit, like any conduction vape. The rubber caps are like $2 (or less from a hardware store), and resolve this nicely.

MTL hits with the raised mouthpiece on this thing are unreal. The vapor is cool, but the terps SLAP.

Last edited:
maremaresing,

Mr. Me2

My pax 3 arrived! It’s all charged now and waiting for my work day to end.

Does anybody have a favorite case for their pax?

Any other suggestions before I get my feet wet (again)? I’ll be using a folded screen until my pax pusher arrives tomorrow.

boilerroom

Why do they warn not to put the oven lid in alcohol with the PAX? I wonder if they are afraid the magnets may unglue from the alcohol?

Found the answer, but was unable to delete my post...Cheers, thanks for reading.

boilerroom,

Jill NYC

Portable Hoarder
Found the answer, but was unable to delete my post...Cheers, thanks for reading.
Glad you were able to find answer.
I wipe mine down with ISO all the time, and then quickly follow up with a water wipe. No issues thus far for me.

For future reference, if you want to delete, just click “report“ on the post and add a note asking moderator to delete.

boilerroom

Glad you were able to find answer.
I wipe mine down with ISO all the time, and then quickly follow up with a water wipe. No issues thus far for me.

For future reference, if you want to delete, just click “report“ on the post and add a note asking moderator to delete.
Thank you Jill for your reply. There is insulation in the oven lids that get ruined if you soak them...Cheers!

Justpassedu

long shot but anyone have a legit charger they are not using anymore ? I seem to have bought one off amazon that is a fake and does not charge but instead drains the battery.

Justpassedu,
  • Sad

Mr. Me2

Just updating that I am really enjoying my Pax 3. I’m happy to be back!

My only critique comment is that the edge at the mouthpiece seems sharper and rougher than my pax 2 (going from memory). I admit that I turned the mouthpiece 180 degrees so that I sip with the petals facing me.

maremaresing

Yeah the pax still seriously rules and is blowing my socks off. It's pretty much stole the show for portables and daily use. So easy to load and get great clouds from.

It's also a great thing to fidget with after use! Love the design.

Jill NYC

Portable Hoarder
Just updating that I am really enjoying my Pax 3. I’m happy to be back!

My only critique comment is that the edge at the mouthpiece seems sharper and rougher than my pax 2 (going from memory). I admit that I turned the mouthpiece 180 degrees so that I sip with the petals facing me.
Interesting. I have noticed it is sharp at edge, but I always use the raised mouthpiece, so never an issue for me.
Glad to hear you are back on the Pax train. I kind of wish I didn’t love it as much as I do!

I got an email introducing this guy:

If it only had the ”X“, I would probably spring the $35 for it - but the full ”PAX” ruins it for me. I am not paying them to advertise for them.

I am always surprised a company as large as them doesn’t come out with more accessories- I mean the Pax 2/3 has been out for several years, in same shape/size… They have a good, reliable product & their main customer probably has disposable $$ to spend. As a person who was in retail for many years - I see this as a huge missed opportunity for them.

Mr. Me2

Interesting. I have noticed it is sharp at edge, but I always use the raised mouthpiece, so never an issue for me.
Glad to hear you are back on the Pax train. I kind of wish I didn’t love it as much as I do!

I got an email introducing this guy:

If it only had the ”X“, I would probably spring the $35 for it - but the full ”PAX” ruins it for me. I am not paying them to advertise for them.

I am always surprised a company as large as them doesn’t come out with more accessories- I mean the Pax 2/3 has been out for several years, in same shape/size… They have a good, reliable product & their main customer probably has disposable $$ to spend. As a person who was in retail for many years - I see this as a huge missed opportunity for them.
That pax tray is listed as sold out! And I agree, I’d prefer if it was clean or petals only. Wonder why I didn’t get that email…

Mr. Me2,

maremaresing

That's pretty steep considering that it doesn't come with a charger. I get that everyone already has a charger, but that component can't cost them more than a couple bucks.

As people have mentioned, etsy has 3d printed charging trays for around $20, which is more reasonable. This wood is very pretty, though, and I like the smooth slope inwards. Just not including a charge cable with it is spit in the face.

maremaresing,

fentonc

Really disappointed in my PAX 2. The vapor cloud and overall experience doesn't match my other vape I was hoping to replace.

I've been a daily user of the Iolite WISPR E but the company looks to have gone out of business.

I bought a PAX 2 after much research but the experience just doesn't compare.

For those unaware, the Iolite runs for 10 min at 190°C / 374°F and then bumps up to 210°C / 410°F then shuts off.

The sweet spot is from 5 min to 15 min. Big clouds, very nice experience.

The PAX 2 never reaches that experience. I can barely see the cloud, unless I'm using it next to a sunlit window. Also the "smart" cool off means it never builds up temperature if I'm not moving it around and hitting often.

Lastly, the ABV is often slightly green, whereas with my Iolite it's always a medium brown.

It's a bummer considering I spent over $150 for this fancy pot... warmer.

Anyone else? I feel like this device is for noobs who are just dipping into the world of cannabis

fentonc,
Top Bottom